Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Thread title.....

And yes, asking in the way you did is exactly that. Just because you don't literally ask "should I roll a warlock" doesn't mean it's not that kind of thread.
    but it isnt that kind of thread lol. viability in mythic+ and raids is what im asking. i dont care about pvp or solo content at all. the locks in my guild are merely alts with little grasp of the class. class guides and the lock discord are a little too vague and imply i know everything about their toolkit. so, yea, asking the question i did in this thread is totally allowed. if you dont want to answer it, then dont reply. its pretty easy

I hate playing aff in M+. That said, it is definitely curious that you'd ask us given you're in a top 50 guild? Most of us don't have any such credentials, so even your friends who alt the locks in that guild would likely be better. So it seems like you're not really being genuine with us here.
    Last edited by Laurabelle; 2018-11-17 at 05:05 PM.

For M+ viability, look at class population on Raider.io for the key levels you are going for. For raid viability look at warcraftlogs and see the classes that post the best parses per boss for the raid difficulty you're wanting. These metrics will give you a basic feel for what top players are using.

If you're focusing on aff, generally they have very strong single target burst damage on a high hp target but it is tied to a 3 minute cooldown and does have ramp up time. Their burst aoe damage is extremely low, especially compared to a DH; for this reason trash in M+ can be a slog as an aff lock, particularly on lower keys when trash don't have a ton of hp.
    Last edited by Laurabelle; 2018-11-17 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    I hate playing aff in M+. That said, it is definitely curious that you'd ask us given you're in a top 50 guild? Most of us don't have any such credentials, so even your friends who alt the locks in that guild would likely be better. So it seems like you're not really being genuine with us here.
    i never said i was in a top 50 guild???

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, this forum is shit and giant joke. If you want real answers go to Warlock Discord - the place where actual people with skill and experience are at.

https://discord.gg/BlackHarvest

Overall, you can check statistics at WCL over last several years and make an educated conclusion or ask people in Discord. Don't expect any non-troll answers from people who cleared Mythic here. This sub is all but abandoned by people who actually know shit.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    For the record, this forum is shit and giant joke. If you want real answers go to Warlock Discord - the place where actual people with skill and experience are at.

https://discord.gg/BlackHarvest

Overall, you can check statistics at WCL over last several years and make an educated conclusion or ask people in Discord. Don't expect any non-troll answers from people who cleared Mythic here. This sub is all but abandoned by people who actually know shit.
    Good to know you include yourself to people who don't know shit, since you're still lurking here.
    /spit@Blizzard

Nah, level another melee dps class. I'm sure your raid team would love that.

But seriously, warlocks are not in a bad place now, and ranged dps > melee dps in Uldir. No promises about the future, of course.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2018-11-17 at 07:01 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

So many rude people here. Let the guy ask any question he wants, this is a WoW class forum.

Like my Mom says "If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all". It's just a common rule to have in a good society.

Really, if you have nothing of value to say, why even reply in this thread? Makes zero sense to post a rude reply..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Good to know you include yourself to people who don't know shit, since you're still lurking here.
    So far I'm about the only person aside from like 1 and a half others who gave decent answer instead of being shit. You are just one of the many who come to troll instead, good job, did not expect anything else out of this place.

You are what's wrong with this subforum, trash player just randomly replying to topics you have no idea about to troll people you don't even know.

This thread yet again shows very well what I am talking about and why this forum is dead for competent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Currently main a Havoc DH in a 8/8 mythic guild, but its coming time to gear a ranged alt for future raids. How viable are Warlocks for M+ content and Raids?
    Destro is probably your best bet in M+ content. Afflic has a ramp up time and Seed isn't the best for the AOE in short term. Demo... I don't even touch anymore, but I don't think it's doing well at all.

Overall the spec isn't in a great spot. Afflic is good in Raids, Destro is probably the most compelling spec to play, and Demo still suffers from losing Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Destro is probably your best bet in M+ content. Afflic has a ramp up time and Seed isn't the best for the AOE in short term. Demo... I don't even touch anymore, but I don't think it's doing well at all.

Overall the spec isn't in a great spot. Afflic is good in Raids, Destro is probably the most compelling spec to play, and Demo still suffers from losing Meta.
    You are so out of date.

Currently main a Havoc DH in a 8/8 mythic guild, but its coming time to gear a ranged alt for future raids. How viable are Warlocks for M+ content and Raids?
    Warlocks are strong right now (honestly they're always good, can't tell you a time when they weren't a top performing class in at least 1 spec at any point), but limited to what kind of dmg they can do. Still super useful in raids and dungeons.

You'll have to figure out if you find them enjoyable though, its nothing like how a DH does dmg for instance.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    Ever get the feeling this is most threads on MMO-C? hahah

OK on topic though just in case this is serious. Locks are great atm. Very little to complain about, mostly QOL stuff. Not the greatest at arena obv. But excellent in raid and M+. All three specs do decent trash dmg for M+. Destro/Demo will do better dmg for trash. But AFF isn't bad with gear; it's actually pretty solid. People just often forget they have very powerful CDS that SHOULDN'T be saved exclusively for bosses in M+. The only time I struggle with trash dmg is if our group has two others that melt trash so fast I can't get out the aoe rotation. But then, if you got trash dps covered, who cares? Aff melts face on bosses.

But ya some people don't find locks fun to play at all. Obviously subjective. But as far as viable and top performer, locks are reliably up there. Unless serious arena is your thing, can't really go wrong with a lock atm.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2018-11-18 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I alt a Warlock?
    Should I eat a Hamburger or Soup today?

I've played priest since 2006 like 90% of the time but I did take the time to level up and do mage tower on all the other specs in the game. To play this game for more than 5 years and not look into your 2/3 alts or potential rerolling classes is weird to say the least.

Some people like to be clever with their comments.. well done you.

To answer your question mate @Not Againnn from what I've seen so far Warlocks are shaping up to be yet again a strong caster in Siege of Zuldazar. and just like some of the folks here already mentioned, play style might not suit you, to be frank it's kinda lacking but I guess most specs feel that way due to the poor class design in the current expansion.

Goodluck.
    Edit Signature.

5+ Year Old Account
    How is destro fairing? i don't see a lot of chaos bolts around, is it fun/comparing to the other specs?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So far I'm about the only person aside from like 1 and a half others who gave decent answer instead of being shit. You are just one of the many who come to troll instead, good job, did not expect anything else out of this place.

You are what's wrong with this subforum, trash player just randomly replying to topics you have no idea about to troll people you don't even know.

This thread yet again shows very well what I am talking about and why this forum is dead for competent people.
    You can stay up in your pedestal. Just know this: With your attitude, there's nothing decent in your answers, even if some would consider them "correct". You have lost decency and any credibility you have with your obnoxious character. And some of us will always find a way to remind you that.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    How is destro fairing? i don't see a lot of chaos bolts around, is it fun/comparing to the other specs?
    Destro and demonology is in the "Fail tier". It is affliction that is the only viable spec for raiding and mythic+

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Destro and demonology is in the "Fail tier". It is affliction that is the only viable spec for raiding and mythic+
    damn... i hope to see destro shine again, i always had fun with that spec and affliction has been so dominant since legion :\