Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Destro and demonology is in the "Fail tier". It is affliction that is the only viable spec for raiding and mythic+
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=90

Destro fair tier bois, "affliction only viable spec".

This forum is a joke filled by shitters and sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You'll have to figure out if you find them enjoyable though, its nothing like how much a DH does dmg for instance.
    I was gonna say something along those lines, but... FTFY, kek.

Can't never compete with DH in dungeons, in raids you're okay.

Ultimatelly, you'll want something that you enjoy, because playing an alt is already a chore IMO. I mostly do alts for proffs or to help with dungeons when needed. That said, if you're like me, bringing a warlock duns isn't always the best help and even with good gear it's nothing like the top tier classes (for ranged that would be balance and frost mages), for melee that would be DH and rogue. Those 4 are outliers, mages are going to be "fixed" in 8.1, DH is untouchable for whatever reason (in Duns and PVP both it needs some kind of fix) and rogue's all about manta. Balance is treants, AoE silence and a very good dmg overall.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Destro and demonology is in the "Fail tier". It is affliction that is the only viable spec for raiding and mythic+
    Stop spreading BS. Destro is absolutely fine. AFF might be top dog for most people in most encounters. And I get there's a lot of pressure out there to be AFF because it's so darn good right now. But if you "fail" as destro, then it's you who is failing, not destro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    damn... i hope to see destro shine again, i always had fun with that spec and affliction has been so dominant since legion :\
    Don't listen to that guy; he has no clue what he's talking about. Destro is pretty good atm, especially with the right gear. Aff is pretty amazing, but destro is pretty darn good too.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2018-11-18 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Why not just answer the question?
    While he's being sarcastic it's not an incorrect statement. Affliction is very strong in raids but has a playstyle which is more difficult than any mage spec. Additionally, frost mages are stupidly powerful in M+ between ring of frost, frost nova, blizzard slows, sheep (since dungeons aren't full of demons anymore for banish), et al.

While the Lock utility of healthstones is useful at lower keys, they become less powerful as mechanics begin to oneshot, and of course every high key group has a DK tank so the brez is already covered.

If you're in an 8/8 mythic guild I'm not sure how you don't already know this though.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-11-18 at 06:53 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    While he's being sarcastic it's not an incorrect statement. Affliction is very strong in raids but has a playstyle which is more difficult than any mage spec. Additionally, frost mages are stupidly powerful in M+ between ring of frost, frost nova, blizzard slows, sheep (since dungeons aren't full of demons anymore for banish), et al.

While the Lock utility of healthstones is useful at lower keys, they become less powerful as mechanics begin to oneshot, and of course every high key group has a DK tank so the brez is already covered.

If you're in an 8/8 mythic guild I'm not sure how you don't already know this though.
    if you read the thread you will know why i came here to ask about lock viability down the stretch. our warlocks in my guild are alts and placeholders simply there for the utility. i was told to have an alt ready before the new raid drops. my choices were ranged dps with a brez. that leaves me with three options. idk why i have to explain myself for asking such a broad question. if people dont want to answer or think i should "do my own research" (which is why i made this fuckin thread -- to do my own research), then they shouldnt reply. its pretty easy to just post a viewpoint about the class; id say its just as easy as shitposting for no damn reason other than to be a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So far I'm about the only person aside from like 1 and a half others who gave decent answer instead of being shit.
    Who are the 1 and a half? Just wondering to whom I ought to be listening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    damn... i hope to see destro shine again, i always had fun with that spec and affliction has been so dominant since legion :\
    Legions dungeon content was movement intense, most of the mythic+ and raids can be summarized with "keep moving or die", for casters that requires to stand absolutely still to do DPS this was such a design error that demonology and destruction never recovered from even to this day.

BFA is the worst of two world's, movement intense, and heavy mechanic boss fights that punishes you for standing still, with rare exceptions. Destruction is still viable for battlegrounds if you want to keep the tradition alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legions dungeon content was movement intense, most of the mythic+ and raids can be summarized with "keep moving or die", for casters that requires to stand absolutely still to do DPS this was such a design error that demonology and destruction never recovered from even to this day.

BFA is the worst of two world's, movement intense, and heavy mechanic boss fights that punishes you for standing still, with rare exceptions. Destruction is still viable for battlegrounds if you want to keep the tradition alive.
    Do you honestly have a clue of what you are talking about?

I mean... you have the bloody data out there and you still somehow cling to that bullshit?

This place...

Destruction in raids never recovered bois, the movement in raids too much to handle

Movement is just yet another knob to differentiate specs and a good balance is often struck where immobility compensated by raw power, this is a genuinely good design there and it works pretty well.

That's why that nonsense in quote will remain just that - nonsense, even aside from it being factually incorrect - in the end all immobile specs can be easily A tier if tuned correctly against that weakness, as Destruction demonstrates for example competing with 2 other ranged specs which are much more mobile.

Same with Demo, it is pretty strong in M+ actually and it needs like what... 5% bump to also be strong in raids? It's not the question of mobility, but tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Who are the 1 and a half? Just wondering to whom I ought to be listening.
    To people in Warlock Discord, not to people in MMO-C. There is nothing to look for here, at best you will get a bunch of salty old-timers and at worst clueless people saying outright wild shit, like that dude above.

This place is dead.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-11-19 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Should I eat a Hamburger or Soup today?
    pfffft, both obviously. soup and sandwich
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Don't listen to that guy; he has no clue what he's talking about. Destro is pretty good atm, especially with the right gear. Aff is pretty amazing, but destro is pretty darn good too.
    ok thanks, ill just have to try it out myself ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently main a Havoc DH in a 8/8 mythic guild, but its coming time to gear a ranged alt for future raids. How viable are Warlocks for M+ content and Raids?
    Warlocks are pretty horrible in M+, in raiding they are ok, but right now, as really always we are on a constant "this gets nerfed this gets buffed" and for the like third expansion in a row affliction is by far the best spec in almost all play styles... cause so much god danm movement and ease of play
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Warlocks are fine in raids. Warlocks are fine in M+ (high keys). Warlocks are shit in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Warlocks are pretty horrible in M+, in raiding they are ok, but right now, as really always we are on a constant "this gets nerfed this gets buffed" and for the like third expansion in a row affliction is by far the best spec in almost all play styles... cause so much god danm movement and ease of play
    How can you even say this with a straight face?
    We are amazing in raids (Aff/Destro), we are very good in high M+ keys (with DH/Mage/Rogue being Top Tier before us).
    And Aff ist not by far the best spec, give me a break, Destro can keep up back to back, with Aff being a bit stronger in high movement situations (like M Ghuun P3).

Posts like these are a perfect example for why Gaidax is right and Discord is the way to go if you want actual, correct and moderated informations that are useful.

PvP is a pain right now, definitly not fun if you dont play with friends and even then its not really fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Warlocks are fine in raids. Warlocks are fine in M+ (high keys). Warlocks are shit in PvP.
    pretty much the only true thing said in this thread lol. Also, not sure why people keep saying demo is bad in m+..its actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    pretty much the only true thing said in this thread lol. Also, not sure why people keep saying demo is bad in m+..its actually pretty good.
    Demo really just needs an interrupt.

Currently main a Havoc DH in a 8/8 mythic guild, but its coming time to gear a ranged alt for future raids. How viable are Warlocks for M+ content and Raids?
    How hard did you get carried to end up 8/8M and having no clue of class viability?

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    How hard did you get carried to end up 8/8M and having no clue of class viability?
    Honestly, this crossed my mind. 8/8M and doesn't know about viability of locks, one of the best performing classes in the game? I can't even wrap my head around that unless it was a hard carry. But if it was a carry, oh well, still a legit question.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Honestly, this crossed my mind. 8/8M and doesn't know about viability of locks, one of the best performing classes in the game? I can't even wrap my head around that unless it was a hard carry. But if it was a carry, oh well, still a legit question.
    His questions was already answered multiple times.

The reason why his question, even with 8/8 is still valid was already answered too.

Can't you two go somewhere else and be ignorant there? Why even post something like that?

Thats something I can't even wrap my head around...

Again, posts like these are exactly the reason why nobody gives a fuck about the warlock forum anymore.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    How can you even say this with a straight face?
    We are amazing in raids (Aff/Destro), we are very good in high M+ keys (with DH/Mage/Rogue being Top Tier before us).
    And Aff ist not by far the best spec, give me a break, Destro can keep up back to back, with Aff being a bit stronger in high movement situations (like M Ghuun P3).

Posts like these are a perfect example for why Gaidax is right and Discord is the way to go if you want actual, correct and moderated informations that are useful.

PvP is a pain right now, definitly not fun if you dont play with friends and even then its not really fun...
    It's a huge mistake to judge the rest of MMO-C warlock community because of a Felplague post.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    The problem in pvp is it takes too long for warlocks to really get rolling and there are big enough gaps between stuff that they are constantly having to start from square one to get going. In most mythics as demo if your team keeps moving you can keep a big pack of demons from group to group and charges of your instant cast stuff so once you get rolling a fast moving group works better for demo than one that is waiting before every group. PVP there are just to much hard casting and the durability nerfs and utter lack of mobility means melee can jump on you and you can't get away and you can't really fight them once they are on top of you as they will just interrupt everything.