Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Staples has really good deals and great chairs. I advise you just go there and test some out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Didn't take long for the salt levels to rise.
    I'll act like that comment made sense.

I was referring to the chump proclaiming that only idiots buy these chairs.
    I'll see you at the flagpole at 3:00 PM
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Something that didn't cross my mind before recent months however, is the idea of having a chair that's "static", and instead adapting the desk to the height of the chair.

When I rework my desk setup, I'll be donating this gaming chair to a friend and buy a "lazy boy"-style chair to game in, since my new desk (got it 2 years ago, after the chair) can be lowered/raised to match.

So if you have/can get a desk that can be adjusted, then an armchair might be even better?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I'll act like that comment made sense.

I'll see you at the flagpole at 3:00 PM
    Only idiots ask girls out to a date by the village flagpole.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-19 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only idiots ask girls out to a date by the village flagpole.
    10/10

Nice turnaround, I bow to the master.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I personally got the DXRacer Sentinel which is pretty amazing(used in many major esports events such as League worlds I believe).

I have also heard a lot of great things about the Vertagear chairs. Both the DXRacer and Vertagear are pretty steep but you can likely get both of them for around 200 at black friday this week.

Ewin is also supposed to be pretty great and a bit more affordable, anyway, can only really speak for DXracer. A tip about gaming chairs though, don't buy the cheapest there is, I got one that goes for like 100 bucks or smth and it broke within 2 months or so and Im far from a heavy guy.

Also, look top lists up for inspiration if you are at a loss. Usually not too reliable but they do give a good overview of whats available.

https://www.progamerreview.com/best-gaming-chair/
    https://www.gamingscan.com/best-gaming-chair/
    https://www.highgroundgaming.com/best-pc-gaming-chairs/
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Staples has really good deals and great chairs. I advise you just go there and test some out.
    no, their chairs' fake leather start peeling away leaving a nasty mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goddess View Post
    Hi guys! I desperately need a new gaming chair lmao, the one i have is derelict ! I'm really clueless with brands though and i did a quick research on amazon and such and i didn't see any brands i recognize so i need to learn the basics ;P If you guys have any good or bad experiences with brands let me know! I don't have a huge budget btw, about 2000 Nok ( about 200 euros). Ty in advance!
    Get the PewDiePie chair from Clutch

i got a dxracer like 3 years ago love it best chair unlike computer chairs or office chairs this are made of metal for frame and the bolt look like titanium i love it and its built to last

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still rocking my 1979 thick wooden chair with a pillow in it since 2002. Wearing a pair of quality sweat pants I've had since 1998 to boot.

Those Herman Miller chairs are quite nice though. I may opt for one of the $700 Aeron (option c) ones I see on Amazon. Maybe after I move in another year or so.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    no, their chairs' fake leather start peeling away leaving a nasty mess.
    I've had mine for 6 years and the only reason it's 'peeling' is because my cat clawed it. It's not leather, either. Leather is for idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I've had mine for 6 years and the only reason it's 'peeling' is because my cat clawed it. It's not leather, either. Leather is for idiots.
    What are you a vegan lul

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Elon Musk had a couch so bad the internet made fun of him until he went a got a new one. So I'm not sure about your get rich theory. If you back goes out because you don't have a $1300 chair to sit in, I say you are doing something wrong. Sitting is the new smoking, chairs are the devil!

An investment? So after 10 years that chair will be worth $4500?
    I'm starting to think you're under 30 and haven't realized it's not "all technique brah I'm totally invincible" and time just fucks us all over eventually. A good chair will keep you functioning longer if you're the type to sit all day at work and then sit all day at home.
    You seem to not quite grasp that it's not a good chair just because it's expensive. It's expensive because it's good.

To your snide investment comment I'll repeat what I just said, which is still in your own quote: And having a healthy back is priceless. Gonna cost you hell of a lot more than $1300 if you can't hold a job because your back crapped out.

This can happen to all of us for any number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I'm starting to think you're under 30 and haven't realized it's not "all technique brah I'm totally invincible" and time just fucks us all over eventually. A good chair will keep you functioning longer if you're the type to sit all day at work and then sit all day at home.
    You seem to not quite grasp that it's not a good chair just because it's expensive. It's expensive because it's good.

To your snide investment comment I'll repeat what I just said, which is still in your own quote: And having a healthy back is priceless. Gonna cost you hell of a lot more than $1300 if you can't hold a job because your back crapped out.

This can happen to all of us for any number of reasons.
    No Brah, I'm 48, 30 years as a computer nerd, 30 years sitting in all kinds of chairs(mostly crappy corporate ones). I fully get that it's expensive because it's supposed to be good. I'm questioning whether it's $1300 good, maybe it is. I'm not sure how a chair is keeping you "functioning longer", Longer at sitting? Longer at good health? I'm also going to say a proper posture more important, regardless of chair. Maybe this chair is better at enforcing proper posture. But if you learned proper posture 30 years ago like I did, then you can sit in any type of chair all day. Hell, I use a balance ball every now and then to re-enforce proper posture and to keep that core toned. And I never disagreed a healthy back is priceless. You seem to doubt that I can be over 30, sit all day and have a healthy back and not have a $1300 chair, to that point, I will disagree.

Also note, I never called anyone any disparaging names for spending $1300 on a chair. If it is what you want to do, do it. I was being a smartass about keeping 1 chair for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    What are you a vegan lul
    I just find cloth more comfortable.

Staples has their brand of gaming chair on sale for $99 right now. I use one and they are great for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    Hello Poster!

I get my chairs from https://www.vertagear.com/ - The chairs they build are so comfortable I forgot what back pain was as I been through a lot of surgeries and finding a chair with the best comfort was a challenge. I had ordered my chair from a office supply store from the vertagear website and delivered to the store for assembly.

When you do get a chair - go to a fabric store and get a big enough piece of fabric to put over your chair in case you have cats or dogs that like to jump on you comes in handy to preserve the chair - I put a picture of my chair all covered up

Wtf is that inside the drawer?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Wtf is that inside the drawer?
    You sure you want to know the answer to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this everytime. Gaming chairs are overrated. Go with IKEA MARKUS.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Elosai View Post
    The main advantage of a "gaming chair" is that they are the only ones that reliably offer options to fatasses like me. I've searched around for a while, but almost all of the "normal" chairs have a limit of around 100-120 kg. Sometimes you might find one that would allow up 150 kg, while most gaming heavy duty options allow up to 200, so you have some "growing" room.
    Got any personal recommendations? My old chair I inherited from my grandfather 12 years ago is probably due for a replace within the next year, as the "leather" has started to crack. The only ones I've found are the DXracer Boss/Tank ones, and the Vertagear ones, though.

I use a good back supporting office chair for the PC, and the Sofa or large beanbag for the console.

Gaming chairs are a pointless gimmick.