Thread: AAF 2019 Season

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Talking AAF 2019 Season

The thread for the discussion of Alliance of American Football.
    Same rules as the NCAA Football thread.

New to the AAF?
    Check their website to find a team to root for, then come join in on the thready goodness here!
    https://aaf.com/

First up:
    Will the Stallions win the AAF inaugural season championship?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2018-11-18 at 04:30 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Am I the only one interested in AAF football?

5+ Year Old Account
    Official uniforms announced, and 32 QBs drafted by the eight teams.

A few of the uniforms are cool. I don't have any confidence that yet another 2nd/3rd/whatever tier football league can really survive in the US at this point, though. Hell, I love football and even I'm meh about the prospect of this league even though I feel like I *should* be excited about it since it'll fill the post-NFL season void. Eliminating kickoffs will take some excitement out of the game too, although I'm down with making teams go for 2 every time.

Also what's the deal with a league with only southern teams? I realize that it starts in Feb, but even so...gonna tell me they couldn't find covered arenas to play in?
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Northeastern team really makes it hard for me to care.

Still, I’ll give it a chance since the NFL’s quality has dwindled over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be watching it with extreme prejudice. Not sure how much room there is for another league. This is actually one of two if the XFL makes it to 2020. Would be great if its actually a complementary off-season league to the NFL, sort of like NBA's DG-League. Want to see how the no-kickoff rule translate.

All it really needs to do is offer faster-paced games than the NFL to survive. We'll see.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    A few of the uniforms are cool. I don't have any confidence that yet another 2nd/3rd/whatever tier football league can really survive in the US at this point, though. Hell, I love football and even I'm meh about the prospect of this league even though I feel like I *should* be excited about it since it'll fill the post-NFL season void. Eliminating kickoffs will take some excitement out of the game too, although I'm down with making teams go for 2 every time.

Also what's the deal with a league with only southern teams? I realize that it starts in Feb, but even so...gonna tell me they couldn't find covered arenas to play in?
    Utah isn't quite... Southern. It'll be snowy still throughout the season when the Stallions play at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Utah isn't quite... Southern. It'll be snowy still throughout the season when the Stallions play at home.

- - - Updated - - -
    I was more referring to the league's geography as a whole; it's set up along a swathe of southern USA from coast to coast but completely ignores the central and northern markets. That's probably really going to hamper their ability to get off the ground. You honestly think people from unrelated areas are going to be so football-starved that they'll tune in consistently to watch this league's games? I realize that the owners are banking on that, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I was more referring to the league's geography as a whole; it's set up along a swathe of southern USA from coast to coast but completely ignores the central and northern markets. That's probably really going to hamper their ability to get off the ground. You honestly think people from unrelated areas are going to be so football-starved that they'll tune in consistently to watch this league's games? I realize that the owners are banking on that, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    True, but Utah to this point has been an entirely untapped market when it comes to pro teams.

5+ Year Old Account
    LETS GO STALLIONS! ANOTHER FORMER UTE PICKED UP!
    #NextManUp

5+ Year Old Account
    Lots of former Utes signing with the Stallions.

5+ Year Old Account
    First game on Feb 9th.

MOD EDIT: Further AAF and professional football discussion over here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...F-Thread/page2
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-02-18 at 11:43 PM.