Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And, yet, many complaints are somewhat entitled in their basis. Crazy world, I know.
    Yeah, but every single one? Because thus far it feels like every criticism of Blizzard is met with Tsunamis of people yelling "ENTITLED!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    Yeah, but every single one? Because thus far it feels like every criticism of Blizzard is met with Tsunamis of people yelling "ENTITLED!"
    Dont want people to use that word, then perhaps people shouldn't behave in a manner which the word is clearly describing and is meant for. If you find that the word is being misused, then instead challenge that particular instance of the use of the word instead of trying to muzzle the use of the word.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I have seen very few people complain about it not being on PC
    lololololololololololol

Can't say I find this a good contradictory argument. Lets see if I can fix this... (Fan) buys (Company) products for decades because they value their design and engineering style. (Fan) realizes during the car show that the promised arrival of the (Companies) latest and greatest model has been a massive divergent from the core design and engineering style that brought them customers and success. (Fan) feels let down.
    It still isn't an apt description of the events. it would be more:
    (Fan) buys (Company) car for decades because they value their design and engineering style. (Fan) realizes during the car show that the promised arrival of the (Companies) latest and greatest model is actually a truck this year. They still plan to make a new model of car, but at this time they are showing off a truck . (Fan) feels let down.

That fan is entitled to feel disappointed that they didn't reveal a new car, but shitting all over a company online because they put out a truck instead another car with an extra cup holder (which they still may next year), and while knowing nothing about the truck other than it's a truck, is stupid, and entitled.

The reveal of Diablo was terrible. It's a game I won't buy, and have no interest in. But I'll let me wallet talk for me, or answer a survey if they send me one. But I don't see how you can call D:I bad, with what we know about it so far.

If I lay down my hard-earned money for something, you're right I consider myself entitled to a enjoyable experience.

If I don't get it, they ain't getting anymore of my money.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Point is that everyone keeps using it.
    Individual humans can be smart capable and rational beings. Groups of humans are inevitably self-centered idiotic assholes.

While it's not something you want to simply accept about reality, it is something to understand and not lose your mind over.

Well, don't buy their games, because in reality you're not entitled to any other characteristic of the product apart from the product itself.
    That's why people need to complain less about shitty corporations and boycott more.

Entitlement is very real and a danger to the indusdry. Diablo Immortal, Micro Transactions, it all is because entitled players wouldn’t shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an argument, and it's often used to argue points. Just like rose tinted glasses. Some people use wrong words, but it doesn't make it less of an argument.

In case of videogames - you pay distributors or developers to buy a game - a game is a challenge imposed upon you. Developer gives you a goal and puts walls between you and goal, then gives you an instrument to handle these walls. You do what you have to do under limitations, again, imposed on you by developer, and feel good about your accomplishment. That's it.

Now about the entitlement - people often call each other entitled, especially when in goes down to money issue, aka "i paid money for product and i want rewards", there is a problem with this type of thinking - you paid money for developer to give you a challenge. If you fail to beat the challenge - it's your own fault. You may argue that you was tricked by developer and didn't know that this level of challenge is appropriate for your skill, but this case is very anecdotal.

It used to be that you paid for a finished product, now you pay for half-finished-product-that-is-subject--to-change. Imagine buying latest DLC for TWWH2, building 19 necrofex colossi with Noctilus and autoresolving your way to the victory, then hitting a end game quest battle and seeing autoresolve button grayed out, then tackling this fight and losing (somehow) it multiple times in a row and complaining about it on forums, demanding even lower combat difficulty, demanding being able to autoresolve quest battles, demanding developer to remove walls that make the game interesting. (While in this particular case there are mod community and you may very well do the exact thing you ask them to do yourself) But in reality you want on thing - cheat codes to skip content. Which is fine by itself, but you also want achievements and recognition for this, something others had to actually work towards, devaluing their reward and undermining their time investment. Yeah, that's a definitely case of entitled person asking the game to be stripped down so he can get rewards without beating the challenge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Using your example... (Fan) deludes themselves into thinking that (Company) revolves around (Fan). (Fan) gets butthurt and trashes car show when they realize their self-delusion isn't accurate and blames (Company) who is reaching out to new Customers. If (Fan) was such a good, devoted and loyal customer then (Company) wouldn't need to reach out to new Customers.
    Ah, i wish for companies to seek new (Fan) only because of their self-delusions, instead of (Company) wanting all the money in the world

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking for less obnoxiously prevalent buzz words meant simply to shut off the mind, and end the argument by blunt force.
    Honestly, if you argument is that weak that it can be shut down by "entitlement" then your argument wasn't strong to begin with and probably not worth mentioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you give couple of examples when people have been wrongfully calling others entitled because of their criticism? I haven't seen much criticism lately on this forum, just yelp-level complaints about things that work as intended. Imagine me going to need for speed forums and complaining about players who use wheel controller having unfair advantage over those who play from keyboard? That could be considered fair criticism, and could be argued with (different levels of competitiveness require different setups and more expensive gear). But "I bought this game to drive X car, but it's unlocked only after finishing the game, i want it without finishing the game" - this is entitlement. Some games used to (and still have) have cheat codes that allowed you to skip stuff and unlock things. But that was in the age of single-player games. When you add competitive element in a single-player game you have two options - remove cheat codes and add cheat detection. Or add cheat detection and strip user of cheats of any bragging rights (platinum whatevers in sony-box, achievements in steam, etc). Second one seems way strict than first one IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I agree with you OP. Problem with Diablo Immortal that most people do not understand (especially those that call us entitled) is that people invested money into PCs and Consoles and Blizzard slapped you in the face telling you "You wasted your money" while having a happy face and joy in doing it so.
    Some people aren't happy with the notion of pooper-games (games that you play on a toilet or other short breaks) taking over proper-games (games that require your direct participation and time investment). You know, this whole "20 minutes gaming session every hour" vs "two 5 hour gaming sessions per week".

If diablo immortal would came out as console exclusive (for some reason) i would consider buying a console if the game is any good, but knowing that it's a mobile game - i know for a fact that i won't be: a) buying a new phone because of it and b) bothered with this game at all. Mobile game is a cheap and limited experience oriented on wide audience and profits from individuals that spend extreme amount of money on microtransactions. It's hardly a videogame IMO and if that's where industry is moving in - well, i guess i'll save up a lot of money by not having gaming as a hobby anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah...except that Diablo Immortal isn't even a game yet. So you aren't paying for jack shit. Complaining about something that hasn't been released yet specifically because it isn't being developed for the platform you want is pretty much the definition of entitlement.
    Could you point me to a mobile game which is 1 to 1 equivalent version of a full AAA PC game and not a dumbed down, cut into pieces, trivialized shitfest riddled with micro transactions and paywalls?

Yeah... i thought so...

There goes your "isn't your favourite platform so you are entitled" argument.

Whiteknights detected in this topic

"Entitled" is the new meme argument it seems from too many people, just as "rose tinted glasses" was. If you are invested in a product and are paying for it, it is not entitlement to raise grievances with its qualities and features. Every time someone argues about why for example diablo immortal is awful or some feature in WoW is stupid there is allways a wave of people squelching about you being entitled. Its like if you bought a car and every time there was a new development they made you bring it in for changes, but the changes get dumber and dumber, or their newest separate model is crap. You have every reason to call it out. Criticism creates change for the better, stop acting like crap isn't crap just because you think it's "entitled" to criticize a product.
    No, no, the new meme is 'shill'. Every time you dare say something positive about any aspect of the game, you're a shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Could you point me to a mobile game which is 1 to 1 equivalent version of a full AAA PC game and not a dumbed down, cut into pieces, trivialized shitfest riddled with micro transactions and paywalls?

Yeah... i thought so...

There goes your "isn't your favourite platform so you are entitled" argument.
    Aw, it thinks that those exact same accusations aren't constantly leveled at AAA games. How adorable.

Fact remains that you were never entitled to Diablo IV. I mean for christ's sake, it was over a decade between the release of II and III, so... be sure to come back to the topic and complain about no real Diablo sequel in another five or six years.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Aw, it thinks that those exact same accusations aren't constantly leveled at AAA games. How adorable.

Fact remains that you were never entitled to Diablo IV. I mean for christ's sake, it was over a decade between the release of II and III, so... be sure to come back to the topic and complain about no real Diablo sequel in another five or six years.
    Cut the condescending crap and find me a mobile game resembling to a triple A PC or console game instead of jumping to topics i was never arguing.

It's the easiest way to dismiss criticism when you have no arguments of your own. Fan culture is a collection of the dumbest people you will ever encounter, we alreay knew that from sports for a long time and some people took surprisingly long to learn the same is true for games and other popular media.

Deleted
    I can see both sides to this.

Yes, it's an easy way to dismiss critics but at the same time there are people that are way to deep into their fandoms (both in games and movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Feels like isn’t a measure of anything but your own perception. Thank you for admitting it’s a valid response though.
    I'm only agreeing that there are some complaints that are "entitled" but that "entitled" is th blanket defence against any complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, no, the new meme is 'shill'. Every time you dare say something positive about any aspect of the game, you're a shill.
    Yeah shill is a pretty stupid buzzword being used lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Individual humans can be smart capable and rational beings. Groups of humans are inevitably self-centered idiotic assholes.

While it's not something you want to simply accept about reality, it is something to understand and not lose your mind over.
    Accepting status quo isn't a feature I typically hold.

Gamers are entitled.

Gamers jump on hate trains against games like Fallout 76 to spite "the man" or big developers and to send a message. Or they'll spend 60 dollars on the game, just to shit on it, or take it back to Gamestop and make a scene.

Or they'll bitch about the Azerite system.

The only way to combat poor game design practices is make your own games and hold your level of quality high above those you criticize.