Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard should just change their name to Shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    They have to keep you baited on the hook for as long as possible, don't you know?

"Let's make this a selling point for BfA! But not actually deliver until a year later! These moronic fuckwits will just keep throwing their money at us, so why not fuck them over at every opportunity? Mouhahaha!"

- - - Updated - - -

No, they won't.
    Everyone expansion has had events, raids, dungeons, or world content gated behind something that took time. This isn't a new concept, this isn't a surprise Legion and BFA thing only - this has been in since BC. There is no baited on the hook, that's how an MMO works.

It was enough for me to know that I'm not activating any tokens until 8.2 at the earliest.

Honestly I'm inclined to save my 3 months of tokens for the launch of Classic at this point. I'll pop back to BFA to wrap up some plotlines and tour the rest of the 'content' but there's no real draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I definitely prefer getting 1-2 new races at the start of every other expansion to how these current ones are being slowly drip-fed out.

Having to wait until patch 8.2.5 for the goblin/worgen remodels is pretty off putting as well.

I'm still pissed at the limited customization for my female nightborne too.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-11-21 at 01:06 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

So, I might have to wait longer for fat humans? That's a shame. /s
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to keep you baited on the hook for as long as possible, don't you know?

"Let's make this a selling point for BfA! But not actually deliver until a year later! These moronic fuckwits will just keep throwing their money at us, so why not fuck them over at every opportunity? Mouhahaha!"

- - - Updated - - -

No, they won't.
    Yeah because January 2019 is a year after December 2018!

Such sharp logic, you can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post

It will almost certainly be atleast 6+ months after BFA is launched before trolls/kul tirans are released. A major expansion selling point that was touted in blizzcon 2017, shouldnt be releasing in ~feb/march 2019
    Chronomancer Club

Seems fine to me. Normally we only get two races every ~4 years, so I don't mind waiting a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    They will probably be coded in by 8.1, but they will have some requirements to unlock them that will take another month or so to farm.
    8.1 is all but done. The Zandalari & Kul Tirans are all in the game. But they aren't in the PTR character creation. There's no reason we should have to wait so long, besides the Acquisition scenario not being done on the Dev's end. Which goes along with Blizzard not even having their class options settled at Blizzcon. Wouldn't you sus out Class options at the meeting where you pitch the race? Over a year ago?

What the hell is Blizzard doing? Is the question I've been asking all year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Seems fine to me. Normally we only get two races every ~4 years, so I don't mind waiting a few months.
    None of these are new races tho. They're subraces with recycled models & animation

1.) BfA was released way before next month. Such sharp logic, you can't beat that!

2.) They're not going to be available until quite some time into whichever patch they're "available." Such sharp logic, you can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    None of these are new races tho. They're subraces with recycled models & animation
    Zandalari (the males at least) and KT are both fairly unique and I'm happy with the other allied races as well. I like some of them more than "real" races we've gotten before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    It will almost certainly be atleast 6+ months after BFA is launched before trolls/kul tirans are released. A major expansion selling point that was touted in blizzcon 2017, shouldnt be releasing in ~feb/march 2019
    It's not like we didn't get 6 allied races before hand...

- - - Updated - - -

1.) BfA was released way before next month. Such sharp logic, you can't beat that!

2.) They're not going to be available until quite some time into whichever patch they're "available." Such sharp logic, you can't beat that!
    Oh I'm sorry, I guess I must have missed when they reduced a year to only 6 months.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard have all their best devs making mobile games.. what do you expect?

Do we really care about a race change that much? It doesn't affect gameplay that much.

I am subbed but have not purchased BFA. Still playing legion content. I have no reason to play BFA as its apparently terrible. I'll wait for 8.1 for when it becomes less terrible and actually worth playing. This is one of the reasons I have not bought it.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

"Let's make this a selling point for BfA! But not actually deliver until a year later! These moronic fuckwits will just keep throwing their money at us, so why not fuck them over at every opportunity? Mouhahaha!".
    Pretty much this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked on more requirements in the meantime, too.

It's not like we didn't get 6 allied races before hand...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I must have missed when they reduced a year to only 6 months.
    What does it matter if we got 6 beforehand??? Every major expansion feature has traditionally been available at the start of the expansion. The allied races built hype and many people on the horde side were most excited to play a zandalari troll.

In blizzcon they made it seem that all 6 original allied races (including the trolls) would be released at launch. The hype for those allied races is now diminished because its been too long and people are now speculating the races in 8.2 instead. This isnt something to defend blizzard for.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2018-11-21 at 11:25 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No, they already said it's reps we have, which would mean Zandalari Empire for the Horde and... what's the Alliance equivalent? "Proudmoore Admiralty" or something?
    That exactly
    They even said in an interview "you already have everything you need for the unlock"

Man I'm laughing so much reading this and you are so right, you know Blizzard, should give up on blizzard part of the name, and only start using ACTIVISION, would be very clear to us on who they are, they are activision, the new EA, the most scummy developer to date. But then we get to your point again, if they can fuck with us in every opportunity, telling us the true, is no longer an option.

Deleted
    Yeah, i'm pretty miffed they have gated them like this. But alas... they will be here soon enough. I do wish they were in for the lul period where we are waiting for a new raid to come out. I can't wait for race change my druid.