10+ Year Old Account

MW new meta for arenas in 8.1?

We all know WWs are getting some pretty nice buffs, but there are some actually pretty tasty buffs coming for MWs as well.

The biggest one that seems to be slipping in under the radar for most people will be our new 55s CD Life Cocoons! 55s! Chrysalis PvP trait is getting buffed to reduce its CD by 45s AND its trait is getting buffed to also decrease CD by 20s. That's 65s off on its CD! Pretty dang good if you ask me. If they made it so Chrysalis also made it castable while stunned like how Pain Sup works, we'd be golden.

On top of that, we're getting 20s off on our Transcendence via PvP trait buff which means 25s CD transcendence! Great for those high mobility comps that always catch us.

We did get an EM through put nerf, but it should be OK since its still buffing our heals by 40% which is the important part and Overflowing is still there and untouched.

Compared to Resto Shams and Disc Priests which ARE getting PvP nerfs. It's looking pretty good for MWs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yeah I will definitely be trying that one out, I could see a build with cocoon and transcendance cooldown being very powerful in setups where you sit back and heal rather than fistweave.

Anyone try this yet? I'm searching for the trait now to give it a shot.

Why would you try this when there's only 1 worse pvp trait? MW has a wealth of great pvp talent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Why would you try this when there's only 1 worse pvp trait? MW has a wealth of great pvp talent choices.
    What about you even talking about, there really aren't many good traits we can pick due to a lot of them being centered around vivify or essence font. You really only have overflowing mists that's really good in pvp and so taking 1 cocoon trait for 20 sec off the cooldown is pretty solid, even if you don't take the cooldown reduction pvp talent itself. Especially since it can be hard to find 3x overflowing mist pieces with good offtraits.

Also it becomes even more relevant with the next season where you will have no trouble getting 3x overflowing but got 3 extra traits to pick.

MW needs a buff in arenas? in what world?

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    MW needs a buff in arenas? in what world?
    Learn to read. Noone said they needed buffs, Jesus Christ.

I was trying the trait on barrel roll, cant say that its perfect. Trying to replace my playstyle of chi torpedo with tigers lust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luido View Post
    I was trying the trait on barrel roll, cant say that its perfect. Trying to replace my playstyle of chi torpedo with tigers lust.
    That trait is garbo. I go double Overflowing and a Cocoon trait.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That trait is garbo. I go double Overflowing and a Cocoon trait.
    That trait is an inner row trait, so you don't compete with those but rather with things like the small healing or utility like prydaz shield, longstrider and such.

I haven't really tested how reliable that trait is but even a few procs should make it pretty solid. If I could pick what I wanted I would probably take one of those and one of the leg sweep slow ones as 2 of my 3 inner traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    That trait is an inner row trait, so you don't compete with those but rather with things like the small healing or utility like prydaz shield, longstrider and such.

I haven't really tested how reliable that trait is but even a few procs should make it pretty solid. If I could pick what I wanted I would probably take one of those and one of the leg sweep slow ones as 2 of my 3 inner traits.
    Unfortunately my good primary traits don't have the best secondary ones. Stuck with crappy passive speed increase ones.

Yeah I don't have perfect setups myself either, hopefully should be a lot easier when the raid comes out and we can buy specific mythic+ pieces as that together with the extra ring should make getting the main traits you want significantly easier so you can choose more based on the middle and inner row.