1. #2521
    More news from the world of oil & gas.

    Exxon has reduced production at its second-largest refinery in the United States, Baton Rouge in Louisiana, and the number of contract workers at the plant was reduced to 1,800. This has never happened before. The one advantage that Exxon and Chevron has over other US oil companies is that during slumping price they can make up their losses through their refineries.

    Not this time.

    Gasoline (not crude) future in New York is below 50 cents per gallon. Whole sale price for gasoline in Chicago is 20 cents per gallon. If not for the gas tax, the price of gasoline at the pump in Illinois would be less than $1.

    Canada is days away from running out of storage and will have to start cutting production.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-03-24 at 05:02 AM.

  2. #2522
    Old God Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    10,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    More news from the world of oil & gas.

    Exxon has reduced production at its second-largest refinery in the United States, Baton Rouge in Louisiana, and the number of contract workers at the plant was reduced to 1,800. This has never happened before. The one advantage that Exxon and Chevron has over other US oil companies is that during slumping price they can make up their losses through their refineries.

    Not this time.

    Gasoline (not crude) future in New York is below 50 cents per gallon. Whole sale price for gasoline in Chicago is 20 cents per gallon. If not for the gas tax, the price of gasoline at the pump in Illinois would be less than $1.

    Canada is days away from running out of storage and will have to start cutting production.
    I'm not complaining about cheap gas. The upside is that the environment is probably now recovering since we're burning far less fossil fuel.

  3. #2523
    In This Thread:

    A bunch of sick fucks massively suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome openly celebrating national misfortune, because the truth is, as much as they might claim to love America, they hate Trump and Republicans infinitely more, and will gladly see the country burn to ashes if it means they can blame it on Trump.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-24 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  4. #2524
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    In This Thread:

    A bunch of sick fucks massively suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome openly celebrating national misfortune, because the truth is, as much as they might claim to love America, they hate Trump and Republicans infinitely more, and will gladly see the country burn to ashes if it means they can blame it on Trump.
    In this post: Conspiracy theory, strawman, ad homimen.

    Safe to ignore, folks.

  5. #2525
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I'm not complaining about cheap gas. The upside is that the environment is probably now recovering since we're burning far less fossil fuel.
    Twenty cents per gallon wholesale price for gasoline is not sustainable for extended period of time. The entire North America oil & gas operations may as well shut down if prices stay at that level.

  6. #2526
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    In this post: Conspiracy theory, strawman, ad homimen.

    Safe to ignore, folks.
    LOL, so true. I guess he forgot the point where my greed for my old 401k and IRA numbers "Trump" me not liking the moronic President and his party.

  7. #2527
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    In This Thread:

    A bunch of sick fucks massively suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome openly celebrating national misfortune, because the truth is, as much as they might claim to love America, they hate Trump and Republicans infinitely more, and will gladly see the country burn to ashes if it means they can blame it on Trump.
    Lol like the last time someone made the same moronic charges...where is anyone celebrating?
    It should be simple for you to show it.

    I mean are you just angry because people are telling you "we told you so"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    We might get a decent day today on the markets. The last couple days the fear and volitility index have all come down a bit so we might start to see a bottoms once we get past the shock of the first unemployment report Thursday.

    Will all come down to that and congress at this point
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  8. #2528
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Lol like the last time someone made the same moronic charges...where is anyone celebrating?
    It should be simple for you to show it.

    I mean are you just angry because people are telling you "we told you so"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    We might get a decent day today on the markets. The last couple days the fear and volitility index have all come down a bit so we might start to see a bottoms once we get past the shock of the first unemployment report Thursday.

    Will all come down to that and congress at this point
    And congress needs to put even more money to big business than it already has in the bill. Companies are already scaling back and pulling back on investments. They forsee a recession worse than 2008. If infrastructure is scaled back then money stops flowing into consumers hands which after this 2 weeks of bullshit fear the country at least in the US is going to tank. Democrats seem to care more about getting votes by calling out big business and stabilizing the economy, it is going to get people more money now but cost millions their jobs over the summer.

  9. #2529
    Scarab Lord Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    In This Thread:

    A bunch of sick fucks massively suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome openly celebrating national misfortune, because the truth is, as much as they might claim to love America, they hate Trump and Republicans infinitely more, and will gladly see the country burn to ashes if it means they can blame it on Trump.
    Pointing out that a drunken fratboy with underpants on his head is shitting on your porch is not the same as celebrating it. It is a newsworthy event, because now we have to deal with all the shit on our porch, but it doesn't mean we like it.

    Of course we have been pointing out that this particular fratboy is always drunk, and has a penchant for shitting on everything near him, which is why we don't think he should have been invited to the party in the first place. But about 40% of the people INSISTED that he be allowed to come, and when we tried to make him leave, those same people found him not guilty of making drunken phone calls to the neighbors.

    And now this idiot is getting people killed. So it really isn't a celebratory time. But of course, you are going to see what you want to see. Which is a narrative supporting your colossal victim-hood complex. In which everyone bullies poor Trump. Because you can't actually defend his actions, so you just yell about how mean people are to point out his fecal misadventures.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

  10. #2530
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And congress needs to put even more money to big business than it already has in the bill. Companies are already scaling back and pulling back on investments. They forsee a recession worse than 2008. If infrastructure is scaled back then money stops flowing into consumers hands which after this 2 weeks of bullshit fear the country at least in the US is going to tank. Democrats seem to care more about getting votes by calling out big business and stabilizing the economy, it is going to get people more money now but cost millions their jobs over the summer.
    Nah, no more corporate welfare, businesses need to bootstrap the hell out of this.

    Seriously, stop trying to spend your grandchildren's money, to pay for the shit that you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  11. #2531
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Exxon has reduced production at its second-largest refinery in the United States, Baton Rouge in Louisiana, and the number of contract workers at the plant was reduced to 1,800. This has never happened before. The one advantage that Exxon and Chevron has over other US oil companies is that during slumping price they can make up their losses through their refineries.
    Chevron has its own problems

    Chevron Corp will slash capital spending by $4 billion this year and suspend share buybacks, the latest oil company to cut costs in the face of an unprecedented slide in oil prices.

    Oil has crashed by more than 60% since January, hit by global demand destruction from the coronavirus pandemic and a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.

    The second largest U.S. oil company said it would spend $16 billion instead of a planned $20 billion, including halving spending in the Permian Basin, the top U.S. shale field that has driven the U.S. to become the world’s leading oil producer.

    It now expects to pump about 125,000 barrels of oil and gas per day in the Permian Basin by the end of this year, down 20% from earlier plans.

    Royal Dutch Shell on Monday said it would lower spending by $5 billion and suspend its $25 billion share buyback plan. Exxon Mobil, the largest U.S. oil company, has not released its new spending plan but said the cuts would be “significant,” while Norway’s Equinor has also cut its share buyback program.

    No-one is above the law.

  12. #2532
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, no more corporate welfare, businesses need to bootstrap the hell out of this.

    Seriously, stop trying to spend your grandchildren's money, to pay for the shit that you want.
    And if they decide not to? Which they totally have the ability to do by just scaling back and many lose their jobs so they struggle to even take care of their child before they even have grandkids how will you feel then? No it will not trickle down but id rather have businesses keep close to current levels of employment than receive a $2400 check. I currently make that in a week and a half and its supposed to last me at least 6 weeks, lol. The unemployment system in my state has already said at the current rate they have 2 to 3 weeks of funding left at the state level. People must all be on the take here if they would rather just bail out the consumer but screw the jobs.

  13. #2533
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And if they decide not to? Which they totally have the ability to do by just scaling back and many lose their jobs so they struggle to even take care of their child before they even have grandkids how will you feel then? No it will not trickle down but id rather have businesses keep close to current levels of employment than receive a $2400 check. I currently make that in a week and a half and its supposed to last me at least 6 weeks, lol. The unemployment system in my state has already said at the current rate they have 2 to 3 weeks of funding left at the state level. People must all be on the take here if they would rather just bail out the consumer but screw the jobs.
    If corporations decide not to, they can go under. They can fire people, they can cut costs. That's what capitalism is all about. Some will survive, some will fail, and some will flourish. Those that were properly prepared, will do just fine, and the same can be said for people, as well.

    You socialists are out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  14. #2534
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If corporations decide not to, they can go under. They can fire people, they can cut costs. That's what capitalism is all about. Some will survive, some will fail, and some will flourish. Those that were properly prepared, will do just fine, and the same can be said for people, as well.

    You socialists are out of hand.
    This is about the survival of the country as a whole not socialism. This isn't a constant thing. Its a country protecting their peoples way of life. If the status quo changes back to 1929 levels of unemployment what do you expect to happen. We didn't have a tech industry back then like we do now. We will not be at 25% we will be much higher. Innovation is not worth shit if you don't have a market to sell it to. Machismo you must be old money or you wouldn't think this way. You are basically an anarchist with these thoughts. I don't think people should get a bail out if they are already on the system. If your wages haven't changed because your on government funding why are they getting the stimulus? They didn't lose anything yet there are people who make over the numbers who are now losing money and deserve to be stabilized over someone who is already getting government money and whos situation has not changed. My wifes hours have been cut in half as she is working from home as a librarian and they aren't paying full salaries in her town. My company just cut salaries across the board by 10% as half of our construction jobs have been shutdown mid project, not by the government with a shelter in place, but by the investors.

  15. #2535
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    You are basically an anarchist with these thoughts.
    I think in America they have a different word for it, "Libertarian" which is what Machismo adheres to (at least that's the impression I'd got)...

    If I'm wrong about anarchism and libertarianism being very similar, fair cop, I'm pretty dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

  16. #2536
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This is about the survival of the country as a whole not socialism. This isn't a constant thing. Its a country protecting their peoples way of life. If the status quo changes back to 1929 levels of unemployment what do you expect to happen. We didn't have a tech industry back then like we do now. We will not be at 25% we will be much higher. Innovation is not worth shit if you don't have a market to sell it to. Machismo you must be old money or you wouldn't think this way. You are basically an anarchist with these thoughts. I don't think people should get a bail out if they are already on the system. If your wages haven't changed because your on government funding why are they getting the stimulus? They didn't lose anything yet there are people who make over the numbers who are now losing money and deserve to be stabilized over someone who is already getting government money and whos situation has not changed. My wifes hours have been cut in half as she is working from home as a librarian and they aren't paying full salaries in her town. My company just cut salaries across the board by 10% as half of our construction jobs have been shutdown mid project, not by the government with a shelter in place, but by the investors.
    If a corporation fails, and there's still a demand for their good or service, then another entity will fill that gap. That's how capitalism works. As we saw in 2008, corporations were bailed out, and people still lost jobs by the tens of thousands.

    I'm not old money, and I own my own company (which is actually doing great, by the way). I'm actually pondering quitting my day job to work on the new contracts my company just got. Ironically enough, I'm dealing with an inundation of work regarding purchasing trends over the past month.

    Your company cut salaries, because they want to survive. They may cut jobs, or cut those salaries even more. If you don't like it, then leave your company. I get that you are not a fan of capitalism, so we will never agree on such matters. I'm a small-government conservative. So, if you want to say I'm basically an anarchist, then I can say you are basically a national socialist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think in America they have a different word for it, "Libertarian" which is what Machismo adheres to (at least that's the impression I'd got)...

    If I'm wrong about anarchism and libertarianism being very similar, fair cop, I'm pretty dumb.
    Libertarianism is as close to anarchism, as socialism is as close to pure communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  17. #2537
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If a corporation fails, and there's still a demand for their good or service, then another entity will fill that gap. That's how capitalism works. As we saw in 2008, corporations were bailed out, and people still lost jobs by the tens of thousands.

    I'm not old money, and I own my own company (which is actually doing great, by the way). I'm actually pondering quitting my day job to work on the new contracts my company just got. Ironically enough, I'm dealing with an inundation of work regarding purchasing trends over the past month.

    Your company cut salaries, because they want to survive. They may cut jobs, or cut those salaries even more. If you don't like it, then leave your company. I get that you are not a fan of capitalism, so we will never agree on such matters. I'm a small-government conservative. So, if you want to say I'm basically an anarchist, then I can say you are basically a national socialist.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Libertarianism is as close to anarchism, as socialism is as close to pure communism.
    Ok now I kind of get a glimpse into how your viewing this. You have a business that's thriving. Great good for you and yes I honestly mean that. I just don't know how people don't get the fact that this type of event was not anything anyone would have prepared for. Most businesses can survive a few weeks not months like this looks like its going to be. Airlines had no way to be prepared for this, cruise lines had no way to ever think this was going to happen. How would a restaurant even ever believe they would basically be shut down for 4 to 6 weeks? This is not the banking crisis which could have been seen coming for years by all economists. This is a time where we all need help. And yes I believe big business needs help and so do the work force. The only people I believe that need no gain from this is anyone already collecting off the government whos situation has not changed. People on SSI do not deserve more as their situation has not changed. People on welfare do not deserve this money as their situation has not been effected. If your working on either then yes you do as more than likely you have been effected.

  18. #2538
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Ok now I kind of get a glimpse into how your viewing this. You have a business that's thriving. Great good for you and yes I honestly mean that. I just don't know how people don't get the fact that this type of event was not anything anyone would have prepared for. Most businesses can survive a few weeks not months like this looks like its going to be. Airlines had no way to be prepared for this, cruise lines had no way to ever think this was going to happen. How would a restaurant even ever believe they would basically be shut down for 4 to 6 weeks? This is not the banking crisis which could have been seen coming for years by all economists. This is a time where we all need help. And yes I believe big business needs help and so do the work force. The only people I believe that need no gain from this is anyone already collecting off the government whos situation has not changed. People on SSI do not deserve more as their situation has not changed. People on welfare do not deserve this money as their situation has not been effected. If your working on either then yes you do as more than likely you have been effected.
    I viewed it the same way in 2009, and I didn't have a thriving business back then.

    Yes, you can prepare for it. Save money, eliminate your debt, and have supplies at home. It's really not that fucking difficult. Living paycheck to paycheck is a foolish thing to do. Companies can do the same, they are also allowed to stash money away. Sure, that will mean slowing down production, or dipping into that liquidity, but it's more than doable. Expecting the unexpected is part of actually being prepared. If it's not a virus, it's a housing collapse. If it's not a housing collapse, it's an earthquake.

    Mind you, all of this "help" isn't coming from us, it's coming from our children and grandchildren. This is you saying you think the government should forcibly take money from people who are literally powerless to stop it, and pay for the shit you want. That is as selfish as you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  19. #2539
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Lol like the last time someone made the same moronic charges...where is anyone celebrating?
    It should be simple for you to show it.


    I mean are you just angry because people are telling you "we told you so"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    We might get a decent day today on the markets. The last couple days the fear and volitility index have all come down a bit so we might start to see a bottoms once we get past the shock of the first unemployment report Thursday.

    Will all come down to that and congress at this point
    Essentially, it comes down to this. If a subject makes Trump look bad, you must be absolutely silent about it, any talk about a subject that reflects negatively on GEOTUS is deemed patently un-American. So us, by having the gall to talk about this is construed by Redcaps as celebrating the downfall of American capitalism.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  20. #2540
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Save money, eliminate your debt, and have supplies at home. It's really not that fucking difficult. Living paycheck to paycheck is a foolish thing to do.
    I'll say it again. Libertarians have an amazing lack of empathy. Also good god man are you way out of touch with what life is like on the bottom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •