1. #2581
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansing Totem View Post
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/1242425467438858241

    It's almost like a non professional giving medical advice to a scared and desperate population will result in mistakes like his happening. It's like world leaders should be responsible or something.
    He didnt give medical advice though. He was just saying they were making good progress on this drug and it has already been used/approved for other things before so its not completely untested on a population before. They were using it in South Korea with some good success already. Cuomo was talking to Trump interested in getting it as soon as possible. Media is conflating this way iut of proportion.

  2. #2582
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He didnt give medical advice though. He was just saying they were making good progress on this drug and it has already been used/approved for other things before so its not completely untested on a population before. They were using it in South Korea with some good success already. Cuomo was talking to Trump interested in getting it as soon as possible. Media is conflating this way iut of proportion.
    Let's think about this trump said 'These drugs, together, have a real chance to be the biggest game changers in history'

    Not put yourself in the shoes of someone whose scared and desperate. You find what you think is half of the biggest game changer!!1 surely taking it will be better than taking nothing!

    These people were stupid and I'm sorry it cost one of them their life but there is some blame that can be placed on Trump. His words matter. People trust him and look to him in this time for guidance.

  3. #2583
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansing Totem View Post
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/1242425467438858241

    It's almost like a non professional giving medical advice to a scared and desperate population will result in mistakes like his happening. It's like world leaders should be responsible or something.
    Except he didn't give medical advice. He didn't encourage anyone to go out and buy it and he sure as hell didn't say you should go and take it. He gave an update on medical research and possible treatments for the virus and he made it abundantly clear that it's still in development. He gave no medical advice of any kind. You're knowingly spreading lies because you hate Trump. You're full of shit, and you know it.

  4. #2584
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Except he didn't give medical advice. He didn't encourage anyone to go out and buy it and he sure as hell didn't say you should go and take it. He gave an update on medical research and possible treatments for the virus and he made it abundantly clear that it's still in development. He gave no medical advice of any kind. You're knowingly spreading lies because you hate Trump. You're full of shit, and you know it.
    The man's wife told NBC News she watched televised briefings during which Trump talked about the possible benefits of chloroquine to help the virus.

    "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" she said, according to the broadcasting company. "We were afraid of getting sick."

    Please, do keep defending him though, just don't actually follow his advice.

  5. #2585
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Except he didn't give medical advice. He didn't encourage anyone to go out and buy it and he sure as hell didn't say you should go and take it. He gave an update on medical research and possible treatments for the virus and he made it abundantly clear that it's still in development. He gave no medical advice of any kind. You're knowingly spreading lies because you hate Trump. You're full of shit, and you know it.
    or you have such trump cognitive dissonance you can't process how much a danger he is

  6. #2586
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And congress needs to put even more money to big business than it already has in the bill. Companies are already scaling back and pulling back on investments.
    No, corporations should not get any fucking more bail outs. We have given them too many and then they go around give their executives massive bonuses, fire employees, and charge us more for doing less. Those fucking places should have saved like normal people rather than doing historic levels of stock buybacks just to make their stocks seem higher. They did this to themselves.

    Fuck them. Fuck them right in the ear.

    Democrats seem to care more about getting votes by calling out big business and stabilizing the economy, it is going to get people more money now but cost millions their jobs over the summer.
    Or it's because we shouldn't be bailing out corporations that barely pay taxes and should focus on those that need it, like families that are struggling or small businesses, and not airlines that decided to fuck themselves and not even save a dime for such an occasion.

    It is moronic to think that we should fucking bail out those fuckers once again especially when you should know by now that bailing them out does us near nothing. We get nothing back for it. If these rich people are so fucking smart they'll find a way to get their company through. Until then though those companies can burn in hell.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This is about the survival of the country as a whole not socialism. This isn't a constant thing.
    It absolutely is constant. This isn't the first time we've saved some of these fucking corporations and it won't be the last. These fuckers should have seen this coming and saved like any normal person and not done fucking buybacks when we gave them $1.5 TRILLION.

    If they want this money they should have to pay it back three to five times over. This country should be tired of bailing out these retarded assholes that pay near no taxes anyways. If not then they better get real good at bootstrap pulling.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I just don't know how people don't get the fact that this type of event was not anything anyone would have prepared for.
    Most people didn't see a global pandemic coming, but you still have to save for emergencies. Those massive corporations didn't save a thing and this is what they fucking get.

    At this point why not save the cigarette industry or the horse and buggy industry? Why aren't we saving Blockbuster, Circuit City, or Toys R Us? Sorry, but I don't have a tear to spare for every business that goes out of business, especially those fucking dumb ass airlines.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  7. #2587
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansing Totem View Post
    The man's wife told NBC News she watched televised briefings during which Trump talked about the possible benefits of chloroquine to help the virus.

    "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" she said, according to the broadcasting company. "We were afraid of getting sick."

    Please, do keep defending him though, just don't actually follow his advice.
    You either have to be as completely and utterly stupid as the woman and her husband are and were, or you're a two-faced liar to seriously try and blame Trump for what these two idiots who are too stupid to live did. She didn't listen to a fucking thing in the morning brief. The fact that you're defending someone as monumentally stupid as she and her husband speaks volumes about how far you're willing to stretch the truth to pin ANYTHING negative on Trump.

  8. #2588
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    And the media, eager as always to blame anything bad on Trump, took advantage of this woman's obvious mental illness to get her to blame Trump for she and her husband's obvious lack of any sort of ability to think.
    It's easy to blame Trump when he does a lot of stupid shit, like saying there's miracle drugs that will cure you, that he didn't accept tests from WHO, that he downplayed this shit for months, that was ill prepared from the start, that he fired the pandemic team and about a dozen other things.

    The idea that Trump isn't to blame for any part of this is the primordial ooze of stupid.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  9. #2589
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    You either have to be as completely and utterly stupid as the woman and her husband are and were, or you're a two-faced liar to seriously try and blame Trump for what these two idiots who are too stupid to live did. She didn't listen to a fucking thing in the morning brief. The fact that you're defending someone as monumentally stupid as she and her husband speaks volumes about how far you're willing to stretch the truth to pin ANYTHING negative on Trump.
    Nope, I genuinely believe they were stupid enough to listen to Trump and Fox News. They are the demographic. And they are stupid enough to be Trump supporters. But yes, after he pushed that "medication" people in Lagos, Nigeria also had a lot of Chloroquine poisoning incidents too.

  10. #2590
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He didnt give medical advice though.
    He did though, he mentioned how it would cure people, even though it hadn't been proven yet, and people went out and bought it because of what they heard. He's literally a conman selling snake oil at this point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    You either have to be as completely and utterly stupid as the woman and her husband are and were, or you're a two-faced liar to seriously try and blame Trump for what these two idiots who are too stupid to live did. She didn't listen to a fucking thing in the morning brief. The fact that you're defending someone as monumentally stupid as she and her husband speaks volumes about how far you're willing to stretch the truth to pin ANYTHING negative on Trump.
    She said it that they had heard about it, confused the name, and then took something they shouldn't. Even if they listened correctly they still shouldn't be self medicating with something that hasn't been proven to cure it, like Trump said it would. He shouldn't be fucking making medical advice up because he's fucking up at every other aspect of this virus.

    What does defending Trump do for you right now? You know he's fucking up and this is one of those times. Does make you proud to be the knight in orange armor?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  11. #2591
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, corporations should not get any fucking more bail outs. We have given them too many and then they go around give their executives massive bonuses, fire employees, and charge us more for doing less. Those fucking places should have saved like normal people rather than doing historic levels of stock buybacks just to make their stocks seem higher. They did this to themselves.

    Fuck them. Fuck them right in the ear.



    Or it's because we shouldn't be bailing out corporations that barely pay taxes and should focus on those that need it, like families that are struggling or small businesses, and not airlines that decided to fuck themselves and not even save a dime for such an occasion.

    It is moronic to think that we should fucking bail out those fuckers once again especially when you should know by now that bailing them out does us near nothing. We get nothing back for it. If these rich people are so fucking smart they'll find a way to get their company through. Until then though those companies can burn in hell.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It absolutely is constant. This isn't the first time we've saved some of these fucking corporations and it won't be the last. These fuckers should have seen this coming and saved like any normal person and not done fucking buybacks when we gave them $1.5 TRILLION.

    If they want this money they should have to pay it back three to five times over. This country should be tired of bailing out these retarded assholes that pay near no taxes anyways. If not then they better get real good at bootstrap pulling.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Most people didn't see a global pandemic coming, but you still have to save for emergencies. Those massive corporations didn't save a thing and this is what they fucking get.

    At this point why not save the cigarette industry or the horse and buggy industry? Why aren't we saving Blockbuster, Circuit City, or Toys R Us? Sorry, but I don't have a tear to spare for every business that goes out of business, especially those fucking dumb ass airlines.
    You are an idiot. Who do you think employs the vast majority of people in this nation? Corporations. Who do you think keeps the economy going? Corporations. If all corporations tomorrow did "burn in hell" like you wish, the entire country would be worse than bankrupt by tomorrow, and we'd be left with an economy in ashes. Meaning EVERYONE, but especially the "little guys" would be in poverty forever.

    You obviously know nothing about economics. I advise you take even one basic economics class before you next speak about things you know nothing about.

    [Infraction]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    He did though, he mentioned how it would cure people, even though it hadn't been proven yet, and people went out and bought it because of what they heard. He's literally a conman selling snake oil at this point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    She said it that they had heard about it, confused the name, and then took something they shouldn't. Even if they listened correctly they still shouldn't be self medicating with something that hasn't been proven to cure it, like Trump said it would. He shouldn't be fucking making medical advice up because he's fucking up at every other aspect of this virus.

    What does defending Trump do for you right now? You know he's fucking up and this is one of those times. Does make you proud to be the knight in orange armor?
    He didn't give any medical advice. I'm not defending Trump, I'm calling you out on utter bullshit. If you don't like Trump, fine, but there's plenty of legit things to criticise him about. Making shit up to try and make it seem like he's telling people to take fish tank cleaner is not one of them.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-25 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  12. #2592
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    You are an idiot. Who do you think employs the vast majority of people in this nation? Corporations. Who do you think keeps the economy going? Corporations. If all corporations tomorrow did "burn in hell" like you wish, the entire country would be worse than bankrupt by tomorrow, and we'd be left with an economy in ashes. Meaning EVERYONE, but especially the "little guys" would be in poverty forever.

    You obviously know nothing about economics. I advise you take even one basic economics class before you next speak about things you know nothing about.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He didn't give any medical advice. I'm not defending Trump, I'm calling you out on utter bullshit. If you don't like Trump, fine, but there's plenty of legit things to criticise him about. Making shit up to try and make it seem like he's telling people to take fish tank cleaner is not one of them.
    Now, a drug called chloroquine — and some people would add to it “hydroxy-.” Hydroxychloroquine. So chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine. Now, this is a common malaria drug. It is also a drug used for strong arthritis. If somebody has pretty serious arthritis, also uses this in a somewhat different form. But it is known as a malaria drug, and it’s been around for a long time and it’s very powerful. But the nice part is, it’s been around for a long time, so we know that if it — if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody.

    Those are the words from his mouth. Words from the president of the United States. His base, who is beyond hopeless at this point hears that and acted. Presidents need to be more careful with their words.

  13. #2593
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It might stabilize if a deal is signed, but, I don't think we'll climb out of the hole the size of Trump's ass anytime soon. Paying people or bailing out companies is great, but, production will still be down. Services will still be down. Travel will still be down. And oil will sill be way down.

    Maybe Jan 20, 2017 is the bottoming out point?
    Futures are down right now. I agree that the market has stabilized. As in we are not likely to see those stomach churning drops for awhile. Instead the market is in for a long gradual decline. Those unemployment numbers and April's quarterly reports, especially of the tech companies, will be the deciding factors. Why is tech so important? Because as of today, only a single sector one-year return is still in the green.


  14. #2594
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansing Totem View Post
    The man's wife told NBC News she watched televised briefings during which Trump talked about the possible benefits of chloroquine to help the virus.

    "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" she said, according to the broadcasting company. "We were afraid of getting sick."

    Please, do keep defending him though, just don't actually follow his advice.
    Trump and co should just not say anything then. Just barricade themselves inside the white house otherwise Old Man Jimmy will misinterpret a word he heard on the teli and kill himself with pool cleaner. Like seriously? He was just saying basically "hope is not all lost. We are working on a cure that has had good results already. We are hoping it will work great.".. like what is wrong with that? It's that couple's fault for not taking the advice of their doctor and ingesting fish tank cleaner that has "don't ingest" on the label.

    He didnt give any medical advice. He didnt tell anyone to take it he was just giving an update on the progress of finding a cure to reassure people a little bit. But believe what you want to believe.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-25 at 07:13 AM.

  15. #2595
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Trump and co should just not say anything then. Just barricade themselves inside the white house otherwise Old Man Jimmy will misinterpret a word he heard on the teli and kill himself with pool cleaner. Like seriously? He was just saying basically "hope is not all lost. We are working on a cure that has had good results already. We are hoping it will work great.".. like what is wrong with that? It's that couple's fault for not taking the advice of their doctor and ingesting fish tank cleaner that has "don't ingest" on the label.
    Trump should shut his mouth. At this point, the whole situation would be better if he just completely shut up.

    No information at this point would be better than the misinformation Trump is peddling because MISINFORMATION KILLS. What happened in Arizona is a stark reminder of that fact. Misinformation coupled with scared people leads to bad decisions.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  16. #2596
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump should shut his mouth. At this point, the whole situation would be better if he just completely shut up.

    No information at this point would be better than the misinformation Trump is peddling because MISINFORMATION KILLS. What happened in Arizona is a stark reminder of that fact. Misinformation coupled with scared people leads to bad decisions.
    Except what he said isn't misinformation. We are currently testing the drug and it has had success in places like South Korea. The couple were just jdiots, didnt go to the doctor, and didnt even take the medicine trump mentioned on TV anyway.

  17. #2597
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Trump and co should just not say anything then. Just barricade themselves inside the white house otherwise Old Man Jimmy will misinterpret a word he heard on the teli and kill himself with pool cleaner. Like seriously? He was just saying basically "hope is not all lost. We are working on a cure that has had good results already. We are hoping it will work great.".. like what is wrong with that? It's that couple's fault for not taking the advice of their doctor and ingesting fish tank cleaner that has "don't ingest" on the label.
    If Trump and co would step aside and let honorable decent knowledgeable people do the talking, then the US would get through this much quicker and with much less pain. Trump's dishonesty and incompetence have vaulted the US into the number 1 slot in active cases (US - 54,147) ahead of Italy (Italy - 54,030). And the US had PLENTY of warning.

    I love your idea of Trump and co just not saying anything. It's a shame he will disgrace this county, cause more people to get killed, and prolong the problems that this virus causes.

  18. #2598
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Who do you think keeps the economy going?
    The middle class. If corporations fall another takes their place or new ones kill older ones. Blockbuster failing didn't mean anything, K-Mart going down didn't mean anything, Circuit City going down didn't mean anything, a dozen airlines going down didn't mean anything, and so on.

    The idea that once a corporation goes down that nothing can ever take its place again is fucking flabbergasting. Nice insults though. Good job.

    He didn't give any medical advice. I'm not defending Trump, I'm calling you out on utter bullshit. If you don't like Trump, fine, but there's plenty of legit things to criticise him about. Making shit up to try and make it seem like he's telling people to take fish tank cleaner is not one of them.
    He mentioned that those two used together would cure it, that alone would make people believe that if they took one or both parts they would be fine. So people believed their idiot leader and then poisoned themselves.

    And you are defending Trump. He should not have even mentioned it in any way, but unfortunately he needs something now because he has fucked this up at every step and it's ruining the one thing he's hanged his hat on, the economy, and right now, because of the fucked up way he handled this, it is getting completely ass fucked. He has nothing else to be proud of here and if he loses the economy he has lost everything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Trump and co should just not say anything then.
    Or, and this might be a crazy thought so try and stay with me, he should fucking tell the god damned truth and if there is no truth then fucking YES he shouldn't say a god damned thing nor go on fucking twitter. It's not that fucking hard.

    Trump's biggest issue, besides his lack I.Q., is that he doesn't shut up. He needs to shut up about a great many things, from windmills and "technology" to trade deals and a god damned global pandemic. Now is not the time for his mouth to be running off and spouting lies.

    Why you think this is acceptable by him is astounding, to say the least.

    He was just saying basically "hope is not all lost. We are working on a cure that has had good results already. We are hoping it will work great.".. like what is wrong with that? It's that couple's fault for not taking the advice of their doctor and ingesting fish tank cleaner that has "don't ingest" on the label.
    It could be because he has no idea what he is talking or it could be because there has been no proof that the combination of those two drugs does anything. The issue is that people will hear it from the president, think it's safe, 'cause why would the president lie (this is of course those forgetting Trump lies dozens of times a day and he's not a normal president), and then they go out and take those drugs to self medicate and end up poisoning themselves, which, by the way, has happened numerous times already. All of this while actual medical professionals tell people not to and Trump fucking does it anyways.

    What's wrong with that? Fucking what's happened so far. Fuck! How do you not get that?

    He didnt give any medical advice. He didnt tell anyone to take it he was just giving an update on the progress of finding a cure to reassure people a little bit. But believe what you want to believe.
    Just because he didn't tell people to take it doesn't mean it was a smart fucking idea to talk about it to begin with. All it has done so far is lead to poisonings and someone to drink fucking aquarium cleaner.

    Literally not picking up his phone for two god damned mother fucking minutes and not tweeting like a preteen girl would have been far better for many.

    This was the fucking god damned president of the fucking United States sending out false information and you think that's okay why? Fucking why?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Except what he said isn't misinformation. We are currently testing the drug and it has had success in places like South Korea. The couple were just jdiots, didnt go to the doctor, and didnt even take the medicine trump mentioned on TV anyway.
    Yes, at the time it was. There has yet to be proof of that nor had it been fully tested. Good job though defending Trump's honor.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  19. #2599
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The middle class. If corporations fall another takes their place or new ones kill older ones. Blockbuster failing didn't mean anything, K-Mart going down didn't mean anything, Circuit City going down didn't mean anything, a dozen airlines going down didn't mean anything, and so on.

    The idea that once a corporation goes down that nothing can ever take its place again is fucking flabbergasting. Nice insults though. Good job.



    He mentioned that those two used together would cure it, that alone would make people believe that if they took one or both parts they would be fine. So people believed their idiot leader and then poisoned themselves.

    And you are defending Trump. He should not have even mentioned it in any way, but unfortunately he needs something now because he has fucked this up at every step and it's ruining the one thing he's hanged his hat on, the economy, and right now, because of the fucked up way he handled this, it is getting completely ass fucked. He has nothing else to be proud of here and if he loses the economy he has lost everything.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Or, and this might be a crazy thought so try and stay with me, he should fucking tell the god damned truth and if there is no truth then fucking YES he shouldn't say a god damned thing nor go on fucking twitter. It's not that fucking hard.

    Trump's biggest issue, besides his lack I.Q., is that he doesn't shut up. He needs to shut up about a great many things, from windmills and "technology" to trade deals and a god damned global pandemic. Now is not the time for his mouth to be running off and spouting lies.

    Why you think this is acceptable by him is astounding, to say the least.



    It could be because he has no idea what he is talking or it could be because there has been no proof that the combination of those two drugs does anything. The issue is that people will hear it from the president, think it's safe, 'cause why would the president lie (this is of course those forgetting Trump lies dozens of times a day and he's not a normal president), and then they go out and take those drugs to self medicate and end up poisoning themselves, which, by the way, has happened numerous times already. All of this while actual medical professionals tell people not to and Trump fucking does it anyways.

    What's wrong with that? Fucking what's happened so far. Fuck! How do you not get that?



    Just because he didn't tell people to take it doesn't mean it was a smart fucking idea to talk about it to begin with. All it has done so far is lead to poisonings and someone to drink fucking aquarium cleaner.

    Literally not picking up his phone for two god damned mother fucking minutes and not tweeting like a preteen girl would have been far better for many.

    This was the fucking god damned president of the fucking United States sending out false information and you think that's okay why? Fucking why?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, at the time it was. There has yet to be proof of that nor had it been fully tested. Good job though defending Trump's honor.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mala...eatment-2020-3

    You were saying? People around the world have been talking about this. Not just Trump. And look at that.

    "Early reports of Raoult's trial were positive, with Raoult saying chloroquine appeared to shorten the time that people with COVID-19 are infectious.

    When combined with the antibiotic azithromycin, it also reduced the viral load in these patients, he added. Azithromycin helps fight lung infections that can come with COVID-19 and may play a role in fighting the virus, Medscape reported.

    The French government plans to expand chloroquine testing on a larger scale. On Thursday, US Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine will be made available to patients under a compassionate-use program as more data is collected."

    "Steven Seedhouse, a biotech analyst at Raymond James, said chloroquine was just as promising as any treatment option for COVID-19. That includes remdesivir, an antiviral drug being developed by the giant biotech company Gilead Sciences that World Health Organization officials have called "the most promising candidate" for COVID-19 treatment.

    He recently analyzed the early evidence for three top drugs being tested for COVID-19 — remdesivir, chloroquine, and Kaletra, an HIV drug sold by AbbVie — and concluded that chloroquine was the most promising candidate.

    "If we had to pick one of the three at this point that actually seems most likely to have the biggest impact on treating COVID-19 in the coming months/years, it would be chloroquine," he said."

    ""There has been a number of press releases, unfortunately not yet papers, but even the local experiments are things that should be taken seriously," Savarino told Business Insider. "Chloroquine plus the HIV inhibitors has produced interesting results, at least curative results, both in China and Australia."
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-25 at 08:30 AM.

  20. #2600
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Okay, but what's the dosage? How much? For how long? How many times a day? Injection?

    See this is the issue. When all you say is go get it it's amazing people start to self medicate and it leads to poisonings, which fucking happened. Trump gave no info past "this stuff is amazing" and that's what made people think they could do it themselves, which they can't and neither can Trump when it comes to just saying shit like that. He didn't fucking say "don't take it until we know more" as a word of caution, nope, he just touts how amazing it is. He knows his words have weight as a president and he should act responsibly with what he says. What do you not get about that? This isn't Laura the cashier saying random shit to another employee this is the god damned president.

    Here's the other thing, there haven't been any papers, which means the full testing hasn't been done. Due diligence hasn't been achieved, so you can fuck off with the idea of what I said was wrong. Either fucking way Trump shouldn't be saying shit about something he has no clue about, which this is just one of many.

    Let's go further here, the article even says
    "If clinical data confirm the biological results, the novel coronavirus-associated disease will have become one of the simplest and cheapest to treat and prevent among infectious respiratory diseases,"
    See the part I bolded and enlarged? An "if" means it's not done yet. At this point Trump is advertising hope and this lead to people poisoning themselves.

    Early reports mean nothing until we know fully. An "if" doesn't give much until we know for sure.

    In the very article they talk about one of the drugs has the side effect of damaging the eyes. Oh boy, sign me up now for that. If Trump is talking about "the cure is worse than the virus" then he sure shouldn't be wanting that, and neither should you.

    Let's keep going.

    For both remdesivir and chloroquine, there is no peer-reviewed clinical data about whether they work to halt COVID-19. Seedhouse said that even in the face of a pandemic, it is essential to stick to evidence-based approaches.
    No peer reviewed clinical data. Sorry, but I don't work on hopes and dream like you do. I want hard scientific data, not the promises of a known orange conman.

    Here's the thing, if it works then great, awesome, but until it has been tested appropriately then all Trump doing is pushing misinformation. Also, if you think for one moment Trump read any of that and he said it knowing he's putting out appropriate info then you're fucking naive.

    There needs to be actual work done here and that will still take months, so currently Trump was putting out misinformation. He doesn't say what correct combination of drugs work, just that there are talks. He gave hope to the hopeless, because he himself is just as hopeless and he has nothing else to do but peddle snake oil, and those people went out and poisoned themselves as Trump gave no information past that. Sorry, that right there is misinformation.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2020-03-25 at 09:18 AM.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •