Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    If health bars are staying still and there's a warlock in the raid, I'll say "hey can I get a summon please?" Otherwise I just head over on my own.

I find it funny how many people label themselves as the "omw" folk when anyone doing raids in this game can say for sure that the majority of WoW players are not. I think a lot of people like to see themselves as the type to start heading their own their own and will conveniently remember those few times when nobody else was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Maybe this poll has woke some people to how they come off when they immediately ask for summons?
    Without ever making effort to get there and help with summons for others?
    We can only hope.
    Or or... Maybe people who visit forums are more likely to complain about stuff like this? We being complainers would explain a lot!

Honestly, if you have set up raid schedule and can’t log in till 15 till raid time you should have your toon parked at the raid. If you are logged in, you should be ready to go 10-15 minutes till raid time. If you are running a pug or about to join a pug, you should be parked at the instance.

It’s not about elitism, it’s about being courteous. Planning things beforehand is a staple in mmos. Waiting on people to get to an instance should be a nonissue at this point.

Now if you can’t make it, say something in your preferred method of chat to the guild. If the guild has already killed bosses then it’s best to say omw, at this point you should be at the start of the instance runnin to the boss.

Sayin all this as a warlock main for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.

What do you guys think?
    Am I crazy?
    Old fuddy duddy?
    Is this a generational thing?

<Poll incoming>
    Thank you so much for this. I thought it was just me!

I've always been an "omw" person, even if I'm far off. If they offer a summon I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    People who join my group and immediately go "summon plz" just get kicked. I flew and walked my ass there, you can to.
    Glad you like waiting on people.

How about the way I do it? Getting there beforehand that is, so I don't need to be on my way nor I have to be summoned there.

When I'm running a group I fill it. Ask who needs summons. Boot the people who say they do and then refill. Rinse and repeat until everyone is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Nothing make me happier then killing a world boss while people ask for a summon.
    Yeah especially on reset day you can have 3 40 man groups filling instantly on spot... I often get dropped from the queue because the group filled to 40 before I even click on it.

Dungeons, ok, you might queue for 3 different m+ and don't know which one will accept you first (still no excuse to not start flying once you get accepted and know which dungeon it is).

But world boss, you know where it is and you know the group will fill on spot, and majority of them are not hard to get to.

I tend to be omw if I'm not already there, but if they decide to summon I am grateful for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I'm at the place before I look for groups most of the times... especially because I use my warlock to do those things, so it helps me avoid those annoying ass whispers "hey, can you summon me?" or those raging-cringe-inducing "1" that are so prevalent on the realms I play.
    I HATE those people asking for summon whenever a group is forming. Just get there, fly and all that... if a warlock can take the time to do it, why can't everybody. But since people are people and most people are awful, entitled human beings, I just get there before them. But if I'm forming a group, I won't summon anybody, I expect them to get there on their own. And if my guildies are with me we actually don't summon unless it's after a boss or before a new boss during a raid.

Deleted
    While i am omw i hope to be summoned, if not then you at least know where the instance is. In the early days it was very important for the sake of corpse runs. Then you know how to get to the instance when you die.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll pretty much always be omw to the instance because I hate standing about and would help others at the stone to get this shit done faster. I don't mind people saying 'summon pls' if it's the start of the raid and it's forming, but if it's a raid that's on a boss that isn't the first, then you'd better be in the zone (or at least on the ship about to teleport there) because there's not always a lock with us and we might not run to the stone.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Summon plz?

OMW?

How about: "I'm standing outside the instance, no need to summon, I'm here."