Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    They are the reason for faction imbalance. They are might not be the only reason but it is one of the largest reasons.
    im pretty sure that racials are a bigger reason for faction imbalance, and horde having more interesting races in general

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    im pretty sure that racials are a bigger reason for faction imbalance, and horde having more interesting races in general
    It is a reason and that is why i am aginst it. It is a reason why BFA sucks. Even it is a small one, it is.

It is a reason and that is why i am aginst it. It is a reason why BFA sucks. Even it is a small one, it is.
    "HD models are the reason BfA sucks." You heared it here first folks.
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-11-21 at 01:40 PM.

Umm... Without Belves Alliance has the more attractive races.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "faction imbalance" that you're talking of is based on high end PvE and PvP. Both of which are things that were determined by RACIALS not by models.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You have no way to prove racial has a bigger impact than models themselves on how people would select races.
    2. Blizzard is a company. They will always make the best looking races to be op since nerf pretty races' racials = make a huge amount of people unhappy = they will unsub = lose profit.

I have provided examples why new models are bad idea for the game.
    Top end guilds do choose their race based on racials. Back in Throne of Thunder, people would switch to troll because the majority of the bosses there was classified as beasts, and trolls dealt +5% damage to them.
    Here's my proof. Where's yours? Saying that Blizzard will make the "best looking races" op is absurd. For starters, what is defined as beautiful? Blood elves? I find dwarven amazing and Blizzard put an immense amount of effort into updating dwarven model, maybe more than with other races. So why aren't dwarven op?
    Are trolls beautiful? They may be cool, but I can think of other races I'd be more pleased to look at. Why were they op in Throne of Thunder?

You haven't provided any examples, you are just telling what you believe to be true. I can find articles and threads about the ToT business. Can you find a reliable source to back up your claims?

Deleted
    OP is crazy. The server I play on has like 75% Alliance to 25% Horde, this has been true since Vanilla and is still true now. Models haven't changed shit.

racial was why people chose which race they get because someone is so OP on PVP example

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if OP is troll or stupid, but their post was very painful to read.

Deleted
    Alliance was more than horde in US and EU. Horde was more than Alliance in CN. After new models, horde are much more than alliance in ALL regions. Why? Because new models have ruined faction balance on retail. A lot of people have to roll blood elf due to human and night elf female models being destroyed by blizzard. I know demon hunter is a part of reason, but NEW models are larger part of reason than demon hunter. It can be easily proved by calucating the race ratios after removing the pop of demon hunters.

NO NEW MODELS.

NO CHANGES.
    Did you smoke something and panicked?

There won't be any new models in classic. And it's not like they fucked only alliance models. For example I liked the old male troll model more (the movement at least). And even the orc one, the new orc is just too fluid.

Deleted
    New models are disgusting especially human female for a lot of people, which encourages them for race/faction changes.
    Please quantify "alot of people".
    Please provide evidence for the claim that this crowd of people changed faction as a result of the new models.
    You can't deny the fact a lot of people did race/faction change due to new models.
    I will neither deny it nor confirm it. However it is your responsibility to confirm your own claim.

Just think people, OP is the average vanilla fan boy, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    OP is crazy. The server I play on has like 75% Alliance to 25% Horde, this has been true since Vanilla and is still true now. Models haven't changed shit.
    Models change everything

For reference:

No idea what OP is ranting about. NE females got one of the best model updates of the bunch.

I don't think I can name any model update that actually made the race worse off. At worst, there were some ugly races that remained ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    For reference:

No idea what OP is ranting about. NE females got one of the best model updates of the bunch.

I don't think I can name any model update that actually made the race worse off. At worst, there were some ugly races that remained ugly.
    Then many nice faces got ugly.

Then many nice faces got ugly.
    Nope, just ugly staying ugly. Mainly male human, male night elf, and that one crazy-eyed female gnome.

They worked a goddamn miracle on the female tauren, maybe that's where your horde faction bias came from. :P

Delusional lol. Sorry, it is a fact people did race/faction change because of new models.
    That is a really bold statement. Can you give any source on this fact of yours? I dont know one single person who have faction changed because of updated models.

People faction change because:
    - to join a new guild.
    - to join friends on the other faction.
    - they are tired of the race they are currently playing, and want to test out the other side.
    - famous streamers play X or Y, so people faction change to X or Y so they can dance on their stream and get a tase of fame.

Also PvPers tend to all be on the same faction, simply because it makes it easier to find a good arena team when you're over 2.5k MMR and the rooster is getting rather slim to pick from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Just think people, OP is the average vanilla fan boy, enjoy.
    Nah, he seems more like the average RP player tbh. Been playing on and off on Vanilla servers for years, and never met anyone this upset because of updated models.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just ugly staying ugly. Mainly male human, male night elf, and that one crazy-eyed female gnome.

They worked a goddamn miracle on the female tauren, maybe that's where your horde faction bias came from. :P
    Nah, I got to agree that a lot of the nelf faces still didn't fully match their original counterpars. I faceswapped a lot of them because of this.
    Gnomes however, yeah, a lot of those got better. Draenei, not too much changed.

But all in all I prefer the new models myself, mostly due to the new animations.
    I'd prefer the old models for classic though as it matches the blast from the past theme. AFAIK they are not putting in the new models anyway, so I'm not sure why OP even made this thread.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

For reference:
    <some pictures with horibble new models>

All of them was changed, that means work was done badly They weren't made according to old models, and consequences of changes are the worse part - if there would be no changes, there would be no disputes, everyone would stayed with own “old views” on each of races.

If talk about NE.fem., I would say that new ones are terrible, but I just never had any characters of this race. I can only say guaranteed that they completely don't correspond to old in each detail. Those friends who played these characters twist finger at their heads, laugh nervously and say that "world hasn't ever seen such sh*t before!" and from what I see, I can say that they aren't far from the truth. The oldest thread about them is here.

But of course, I’m most offended directly by what happened with my characters (2 M.Forsaken (rogue and mage), warrior (draenei.fem), hunter (human.fem) and I also had DK orc.m, but I didn’t really play him much, and now with jaw in form of bulldozer scoop never will already (by the way, not looking at that they gave straight back option, their posture is still inappropriately stupid, reminds original night-born elves from previous expansion and also vrykuls in some way with this foot unnecessarily put too forward, like a ballet)). They miss everything: did guess nor in proportions/body types(shapes), nor face geometry, but most of all they didn't guess in animations (well, they didn't even guess with colors). It's horrible and unbearably painful to see. And since I see what they did with my characters, I'm sure that others aren't better, because this is clearly not an accident, this is result of new “sight”.

Therefore, personal opinion of “it's become better/worse” isn't valid in framework of this discussion, "they have changed them", "new models don't correspond to old ones" - this is the only and sufficient thing that has right to be here and nothing else matters.

As for the topic in general (OP)
    , then why are you, people, continue raising it again and again? There were no new models in demo, and even if I dislike inconsistency of water type (change through the setting), which causes a slight discrepancy of screen content, but control over own characters display is with their owners (no toggles) and we have no reason to torment about this yet.

...appropriate/inappropriate...what does this have to do with balance? They aren't there and this is wonderful, that's everything you need to know

ps. Man, you're disturbing me. Don't do this.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-11-23 at 09:20 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    https://goo.gl/images/FvS1oE

That human model attracted so many players? LOL. Like a million things changed since vanilla, and you attribute all of the 50/50 population balance to this one thing?
    THAT is exactly why populism wins in politics these days.....