From a story-wise/lore perspective what Is your opinion on BFA'S current raids

battle of dazar'alor / Uldir (I don't know if battle of dazar'alor counts as current, since It's on PTR)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's an epic trainwreck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    *You hear faint "alliance fist bump" echo in the distance*

Deleted
    Story has been an absolute mess for a very long time. Now it's no different. The only interesting part is how they'll do with N'zoth. Everything else is as lame as it can get story wise. It just blows.

Uldir is good except for its non-ending. There's a lot of build up to G'huun but when released he doesn't do much. Battle for Dazar'alor on the other hand is a trainwreck. I sure am excited to mildly inconvenience Jaina.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see Jaina teleport at 5%. But hey gotta get that sweet water elemental mount.

Faction pride -1.

It would be such a shame if the Horde managed to kill a bloody Alliance leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Can't wait to see Jaina teleport at 5%. But hey gotta get that sweet water elemental mount.

Faction pride -1.

It would be such a shame if the Horde managed to kill a bloody Alliance leader.
    Did you seriously expect that Golden would allow you to kill her self insert?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well what can I say. It's not Anduin so it can be killed. For Anduin I expect him to live longer than Velen with her writing. That human potential must be improved after all.

But it's ok the Horde will kill some footmen, then go back home and start killing each other (cause rebellions are cool and #muhHonor) and go back to losing the war.
    Last edited by Dudas; 2018-11-21 at 04:52 PM.

I kinda liked the idea of Uldir and G'huun, but I think it's a shame that it suffers from "New enemy... and it's gone" syndrome that a lot of new enemies get. I used to ask "What's the relationship with G'huun and N'zoth, are the friends or rivals?" but that doesn't matter anymore because G'huun was taken out the same patch he was introduced. The ending to it, just didn't seem to exist either... like where was the conclusion to killing an Old God that was threatening the world?

Dazar'alor is a pvp raid essentially, so it's troll lore is secondary to it's alliance vs horde lore. From a troll lore view, it seems that the capital city of all trolls, is kinda weak compared to Zul'Gurub and Zul'aman, in that Alliance and Horde worked together to take those cities down, but the Zandalari get steamrolled by a weakened Alliance and can't even get a kill with the Horde aiding them. Makes you wonder if instead of Zandalari Trolls as an Allied race and instead an enemy faction, how much more powerful and cooler would they seem in the raid.
    From the faction lore, it's a huge mess. We have the Alliance attack in an attempt to drive a wedge between the Trolls and Horde, which then backfires as they kill Rastakhan(R.I.P my last living favorite troll guy) and we have cucks like Baine trying to "M'lady" Talanji and then immediately argues against avenging her father and try to "cuck it out" with the Alliance. You also have 2 major Alliance characters as raid boss, neither of which are going to be killed(something we knew before it was confirmed) while all the Horde bosses do die. :/

Hoping that 8.2's raid is much more enjoyable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Well what can I say. It's not Anduin so it can be killed. For Anduin I expect him to live longer than Velen with her writing. That human potential must be improved after all.
    It's not just Anduin that she self inserts though. And she has a circle of characters that she likes to have them interact back and forth and she would never take away any of those characters(Anduin, Jaina, Baine, Kalecgos).

Uldir from a Horde perspective makes a lot of sense, but the Alliance had nearly 0 build up if it wasn't for a few blood troll quests during the war campaign. G'huun was an interesting boss but we didn't see him do much as he was killed right after he got released. As for the Battle of Dazar'alor I'm expecting a lot of fuck ups. We lose the one good character that BFA provided and get Yrel 2.0 back in return, then we have Mekkatorque who dies.. but not really. And the Horde will have to face the worst end boss of a raid yet where she will just teleport out as if the fight was nothing, then 5 minutes later she will be fully healed back in Boralus. As a Hordie it feels like I'll be wasting my time in that raid. And what was the point of the Alliance raid if they weren't even planning to hold or at least completely destroy that place? As far as I see its just going to be Rastakhan and maybe some mobs nobody cares about that will phase away from the Horde capital.

Hoping for Azshara and N'Zoth to be a lot better than this.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2018-11-21 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well if jaina yells: "Enough" There is good chance she will die later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Uldir doesnt have a strong ties to Main story. Its sort of Harrison Jones advanture raid. Titans and its experiments. The story itself though have so many loopholes. So many characters declaring allegiance to Horde and Alliance with no real backstory other then "I had Enough Alliance/Horde must suffer for their crimes" Bullsh*T.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Uldir had great build-up for the Horde and literally less build-up than a vanilla raid for Alliance. The insides of it and the lore surrounding the place and G'huun is cool, the final fight is thematic and all, but the ending is just kind of lame. We kill him, loot him and... that's it. Again Horde gets a conclusion of sorts with the blood of an abomination being used to bless Vol'jin's glaive (still don't get that one myself) while Alliance gets, I dunno, a pat in the back from Brann and a promise to meet him the next time he wants to do some pillagin- I mean archeology.

The Battle for Dazar'alor (how do we shorten it? BDA?) is weird. Alliance gets to look competent at last during the battle itself and scores a kill, but then are told that they failed at their objective and pressing their current advantage would just be mean. Horde sees a character die, and in retaliation fights two Alliance leaders but kills neither of them, Jaina doesn't even look inconvenienced post-raid. The fight against her does look really cool, so at least there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Story has been an absolute mess for a very long time. Now it's no different. The only interesting part is how they'll do with N'zoth. Everything else is as lame as it can get story wise. It just blows.
    Except they've already contradicted themselves on Nzoth. Nzoth is a shit tier old god. I mean hell he should be on par with Vezzax at this point according to lore and Azshara is pretty much Jaina level or lower.

Deleted
    Let me just say atleast Dazar Alor looks like it's gonna have some fun, innovative boss fights.

And that's about it.

The whole switching factions just to experience a memory is kinda stupid. I play only one faction and don't care to play the other just to see story. I'll be leaving raid once and avoiding my factions side of the raid.

Pretty much everything is a sub-plot to N'zoth, including G'huun the "so not a real Old God but worshipped by dumb blood trolls as an Old God."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Uldir? Irrelevant. It was a waste of time building up to. Waste of time playing through. Should have been a self-contained story instead of the focus of Horde questing. It was impossible to give a fuck about.

Battle for Dazar’alor? Blizzard giving the Alliance another ‘fist pump’ at the cost of the Horde, who’re already demoralised as it is thanks to this whole MoP 2.0 scenario. Jaina is able to run away, so we can’t even say we at least got rid of her to make up for this mess and not even the token gnome dies.

Overall? Pretty piss poor so far. Azshara and N’zoth’s raid will likely be irrelevant to the current plot too. Neither have had enough screentime in recent events. They’re just generic ancient threats.

I mean I love old god and Titans do Uldir is a home run for me. I enjoy any expansion of sorry relating to that.

Dazar alor will be great simply because of it actually being the embodiment of the faction war story advancing

Nothing, to do with the topic of the thread but Is this how Horde players react to pretty much losing rastakan.