Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    explain how kids
    Read the OP, Watch the videos that has been posted in the thread?

Why repeat what they have already gave examples of if you can't be bothered to watch it yourself.

You can start here if you want.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Read the OP, Watch the videos that has been posted in the thread?

Why repeat what they have already gave examples of if you can't be bothered to watch it yourself.

You can start here if you want.

Care to point me to where exactly he talks about and shows all that spending was done without a credit card? Watched half of it, skimmed through in 20sec sections the last bits but couldn't find any... I find him annoying to listen to.

My guess is most of those purchases were done with Google play 1 tap pay or the apple equivalent. Which do require a credit card to be set up and saved.

Nothing in that video i found pointed to purchases being made without a credit or debit card.

EDIT: can't really get the stupid comment at the start out of my head.... "Parents shouldn't have to" what in the fuck... ofc parents should have to be responsible with giving out credit card info to their kids.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-07-19 at 11:59 AM.

How is it shifting blame when I say both is at fault?

Its Exploiting because its getting kids hooked on them because they are gambling. Its gambling in games catered towards kids and why would a parent think that a sports game rated E (for everyone) would have actual gambling in it?

Its company's exploiting ignorant and its harmful to kids.

Once again BOTH are at fault and all the company has to do is slap a 18+ rating on the box or you know....remove the fucken gambling.

Want to know how kids are being exploited, Read the OP,Watch the videos that go into detail that's been posted in the thread.
    Why? A good parent would research the game his/her kid is playing. Then he or she would not give out credit card information or any kind of payment info to be used by the kid without parent's knowledge.
    Bottom line - parents should be parents, do not give out payment information ( credit card info, etc. ) to your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Why? A good parent would research the game his/her kid is playing. Then he or she would not give out credit card information or any kind of payment info to be used by the kid without parent's knowledge.
    Bottom line - parents should be parents, do not give out payment information ( credit card info, etc. ) to your kids.
    Well said for someone who has never raised a child in their life.

So its ok for a company to exploit kids when a parent doesn't do a perfect job of raising them... What a great stance to take.

- - - Updated - - -

--snip--
    See my above reply it applies to you as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So its ok for a company to exploit kids when a parent doesn't do a perfect job of raising them... What a great stance to take.

- - - Updated - - -

See my above reply it applies to you as well.
    It doesn't give answers to what I'm talking about nor does it support your claim that they somehow emptied bank accounts and credit cards without usage of such. All you're doing is moving goalposts... a goalpost that I'm not even disputed as I mentioned in my first post.

7+ Year Old Account
    can't really get the stupid comment at the start out of my head.... "Parents shouldn't have to" what in the fuck... ofc parents should have to be responsible with giving out credit card info to their kids.
    Parents shouldn't have to worry about getting their bank accounts cleaned out because of a video game.

Of course, i do not have time for kids and it is a great responsibility, one i will not take anytime soon.
    If a parent doesn't do a perfect job of raising kids - my question is to you then: why in the hell did he or she become a parent in the first place ?
    Do not have time for kids? Not willing to sacrifice your free time for them? Do not have kids then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Parents shouldn't have to worry about getting their bank accounts cleaned out because of a video game.
    It takes a few minutes to setup a new Google or Apple account without credit card information - and your bank account is safe, while your kid is playing some games.

7+ Year Old Account
    It takes a few minutes to setup a new Google or Apple account without credit card information - and your bank account is safe, while your kid is playing some games.
    Ok so what? Again people shouldn't have to do that because of a football video game.

Then don't give out the credit cards to be used freely by your kids?
    I don't argue that the microtransactions are good or bad or anything of the sort... I'm just pointing out the fact that the parents HAVE to put in their credit cards for the kids to use and then don't teach them to use it responsible. The credit cards didn't magically appear in their game or account, the parents would have to put it there.

Any game that uses microtransactions and gambling should be labeled 18 if you ask me, but that won't stop me to blame someone for putting in their credit card and then act surprised and they had nothing to do with it when someone who doesn't understand how credit cards work.

Parents should in fact think a little bit whenever a game asks for credit cards. It's not like they ask for credits cards because of no reasons, it's probably to be able to pay for things...so, don't.

once again, no game just magically gets the credit cards, the parents MUST have put it in themselves...an action they have themselves to blame for.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-07-19 at 12:27 PM.

Ok so what? Again people shouldn't have to do that because of a football video game.
    People should research what their underage kid is playing, watching, listening to. No?
    It is common sense for any parent.

Exploiting kids? In what way? If a parent can't teach their kid to be smart and avoid such tiny problem as *lootboxes in video games*, what will happen to that kid later on? Shifting blame due to bad parenting is not a way out.
    There's no shifting involved. Parents are to blame, but ALSO companies. Even if by some magic intervention all mtx disappear, parents will be still to blame for not paying attention to their kids, independently from the activity the kids are involved.

However the problem is not only minor related, plenty of 18+ who are gullible enough to fall in the trap.

If there was no microtx involved, kids wouldn't be pushed into spending that money - that's pretty simple. It's the constant exposition that over time wears down vulnerable targets; plus ask a young player nowadays and for them microtx/p2w/p2skip systems have always existed.

For the Nth time, it's the mom fault when she's giving away the card info to her kid; however, if there's wasn't a system that pushed the kid towards buying skins/boosts/extra lives/loot boxes he wouldn't asked his mom for the card in the first place. Probably would end doing some other shitty choice but that's it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    People should research what their underage kid is playing, watching, listening to. No?
    Yes they should for a lot of things but they shouldn't have to for a fucking football video game. It's not like it's a M rated game.

The research is on the box, E for Everyone.

Clearly that isn't the case and the rating should be changed to AO for Adults Only. Why would a parent think gambling would be in a fucken E rated game?

The research is on the box, E for Everyone.

Clearly that isn't the case and the rating should be changed to AO for Adults Only. Why would a parent think gambling would be in a fucken E rated game?
    It takes literally 5-10 minutes to type any name of the game and search info about it, whatever the label says. Why wouldn't a parent do that? Lack of time?
    Or does this label give a parent *free from being responsible* ticket ? Lolz.

Any game that uses microtransactions and gambling should be labeled 18 if you ask me, but that won't stop me to blame someone for putting in their credit card and then act surprised and they had nothing to do with it when someone who doesn't understand how credit cards work.
    That would (partially) change the thing. A game is labeled clearly as 18+ due to gambling-like mechanics and/or microtx systems present. The parent buys the game to their 10yo kid and even give him the card info? That's full blame on parents, as there was everything in place for them to avoid that.

Instead, games are marketed in a sketchy way where everyone of us knows what's inside but it's actually not clear for less informed people; plus companies absolutely don't want their games marked as AO because there's an infinity of procedures and even in shops there are areas reserved for this etc, giving a lot of "negative vibes" and overall less/bad light on their products. It's literally all about marketing - the actual quality of the game is (unfortunately) not relevant at all.

We're not taking away blame from anyone; also i think that while a solution is already there (remove all of them because they don't add nothing to the videogames culture and instead are damaging it) there will be lots of talk until everything will be forgotten and left in a limbo where nothing actually changes or goes even worse.

For the joy of everyone.

Yes they should for a lot of things but they shouldn't have to for a fucking football video game. It's not like it's a M rated game.
    They shouldn't, and they will not as long as they do not give any payment info to their kids. Games aside, what if that kid decides to buy a movie or some song in Itunes? Same problem.

It takes literally 5-10 minutes to type any name of the game and search info about it, whatever the label says. Why wouldn't a parent do that? Lack of time?
    Or does this label give a parent *free from being responsible* ticket ? Lolz.
    The Rating on the Box should be all the research needed in order for a parent to buy their child a video game.

THAT IS LITERALLY THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ESRB RATING SYSTEM.

The system in place is clearly not E rated and the ESRB is clearly not doing their job, So governments are stepping in to do it for them.

They shouldn't, and they will not as long as they do not give any payment info to their kids. Games aside, what if that kid decides to buy a movie or some song in Itunes? Same problem.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me you're just straight ignoring the fact that we're NOT taking away blame from parents and looks more like you're defending the microtx systems in games like they're something positive and that should stay.

Which honestly baffles me but again, i may be wrong and not what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me you're just straight ignoring the fact that we're NOT taking away blame from parents and looks more like you're defending the microtx systems in games like they're something positive and that should stay.

Which honestly baffles me but again, i may be wrong and not what you're trying to say.
    I do not care about microtx system, it can stay or leave - do not care one bit. In my opinion the parents are to blame for any purchases made by the underage kid - coz they gave their kid such freedom through giving full payment info. So the moment they start whining about game companies - they are full of bull****.

- - - Updated - - -

The Rating on the Box should be all the research needed in order for a parent to buy their child a video game.

THAT IS LITERALLY THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ESRB RATING SYSTEM.

The system in place is clearly not E rated and the ESRB is clearly not doing their job, So governments are stepping in to do it for them.
    At least there are parents who do not trust labels and do their own research, 5-10 minutes time research.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That would (partially) change the thing. A game is labeled clearly as 18+ due to gambling-like mechanics and/or microtx systems present. The parent buys the game to their 10yo kid and even give him the card info? That's full blame on parents, as there was everything in place for them to avoid that.

Instead, games are marketed in a sketchy way where everyone of us knows what's inside but it's actually not clear for less informed people; plus companies absolutely don't want their games marked as AO because there's an infinity of procedures and even in shops there are areas reserved for this etc, giving a lot of "negative vibes" and overall less/bad light on their products. It's literally all about marketing - the actual quality of the game is (unfortunately) not relevant at all.

We're not taking away blame from anyone; also i think that while a solution is already there (remove all of them because they don't add nothing to the videogames culture and instead are damaging it) there will be lots of talk until everything will be forgotten and left in a limbo where nothing actually changes or goes even worse.

For the joy of everyone.
    The thing is that even if the labeling and marketing might be wrong and gives false impressions of what the game have as content, I can't understand what goes through some parents minds when a games ask for their credit cards and they do put it in for their kids to use it freely. Even if a game is labeled and rated 3+ the fact that it would ask me to input credit cards I would think "oh, this is for purchasing stuff" since that's the only reason to ever ask for someones credit cards. To make purchases with.

I agree that the laws around lootboxes needs to be looked at, but that doesn't mean I would put any blame on companies as why some families have their bank accounts emptied. There is no real difference than if I would give me credit cards details online for everyone to see and then act surprised and think I'm not to blame when it gets emptied. I've yet to see a game that actually tries to go the scammers route when it comes to obtaining credit card info, most games I know is pretty clear with that credit cards are used for in game purchases. Then what kind of purchases and if they are moral or ethical is kinda irrelevant... the parents still knowingly put it in for their kids to freely use it and thus they are to blame 100% for why their bank accounts got emptied.

Unless someone can show me where it's clear and evident that it was made through scamming way and lootboxes, although gambling, isn't a scam. If it's a scam or obtained through lying then yes it's on the companies 100% otherwise the parents.

All I can think about is how my mom handled it when I was too young for credit cards and wanted wow subscriptions... she didn't give me her credit card, she was the one in control and asked questions because she weren't knowledgable as why they would need monthly payment. When she learned I couldn't really abuse it or spend money without her consent it was no issue.

Whenever I have kids I would never ever set up my credit cards for any of their devices to be used freely, doesn't matter if it's a football game or a small app... every purchase have to go through me, or i give them game cards which has a set amount I think is fair amount for them to use freely.

Parents portraying themselves as victims in this is just a way for them to gain sympathy for them fucking up. As above said, any purchase made by their kids in any game is all on the parents because they made it possible by giving them access to their cards without any control.