Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    At least there are parents who do not trust labels and do their own research, 5-10 minutes time research.
    We get it the almighty faceless company's and the ESRB have no fault, Its only the parents fault they bought their child a E rated game and didn't expect adult gambling to be in it....

Or you know.... Both are at fault for different reasons...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    We get it the almighty faceless company's and the ESRB have no fault, Its only the parents fault they bought their child a E rated game and didn't expect adult gambling to be in it....

Parent's fault for giving kid's some payment info. it may be a shocker to you, but when you buy a game - you can play it without linking your credit card to it, hence making it impossible to buy anything in-game.

I agree about changing the label for such games, though to be honest it is silly to rely just on the label in my opinion. But the issue will remain - right now games, later something much expensive. Kid having your credit card info is just a ridiculuous situation no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by Popastique; 2019-07-19 at 01:03 PM.

Parent's fault for giving kid's some payment info. it may be a shocker to you, but when you buy a game - you can play it without linking your credit card to it, hence making it impossible to buy anything in-game.
    Company's fault for knowingly exploiting parents fuck up's and exploiting people with gambling addictions.

Its almost like I just say both are at fault for different reasons.

Also once again you don't need a credit card to buy loot box's and the core part of this topic is the fact that child gamblers have quadrupled.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Also once again you don't need a credit card to buy loot box's and the core part of this topic is the fact that child gamblers have quadrupled.
    You do though. Whether you have to directly link it to the game or in your Google/Apple account. It is a decision you make. And there is no evidence about game just stealing your credit card info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yes, lets play the, "YOU DON'T KNOW THE STRUGGLE" card like lazy parents always do when shirking responsibility.

Yeah, it's not your fault that your kid has your credit card. It's someone elses' fault. It's not your fault they have access to your accounts that have funding attached. That's someone elses' fault. It's not your fault that they're not monitored or controlled online. It's someone elses' fault.

Sure thing.
    You can't argue with these people. It's the only defense they have. They want everyone but themselves to be responsible for what their kids do.

You haven't explained how that is possible.... You linked to a video that didn't mentioned that purchases were made without credit cards nor explained how it could be done..

Only way for you to buy lootboxes without credit cards is to use game cards, which the parents would have to buy or give the kids access to their credit cards so they can buy enough game cards to empty their bank accounts.

You do though.
    No you don't.

Dam near every digital store front (including Amazon and Google) have currency cards you can buy at any local store including gas stations.

No you don't.

Dam near every digital store front (including Amazon and Google) have currency cards you can buy at any local store including gas stations.
    how can the kids buy those game cards and empty parents bank accounts? My guess is they would have access to their credit cards...unless ofc the parents withdrew all their money and handed it to their kids to buy game cards... but that's even more stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    how can the kids buy those game cards and empty parents bank accounts? My guess is they would have access to their credit cards...unless ofc the parents withdrew all their money and handed it to their kids to buy game cards... but that's even more stupid.
    That can be one way about it, There is many ways it can happen.

But once again why would any parent expect that their child could empty out their bank account while playing a game of FIFA that is rated E.

Why does a E rated Title have Gambling in it to begin with?

Gambling is a Adult thing and any game with it should be labeled as such.

Once again for the over 9000th time, Both are at fault for different reasons.

No you don't.

With what money? Parent's money. So it all, AGAIN, comes down to parents giving out money to kids and not controlling on how it gets spent, or educating how it must be spent. If you go by this logic though - a kid would spend money on new games as well, not just game cards.

You do though. Whether you have to directly link it to the game or in your Google/Apple account. It is a decision you make. And there is no evidence about game just stealing your credit card info.
    They like to make this argument like kids are walking to the store with thousands in cash and buying physical payment cards. Guess the parents shouldn't be expected to know about that either. All they care about is shifting blame.

With what money? Parent's money. So it all, AGAIN, comes down to parents giving out money to kids and not controlling on how it gets spent, or educating how it must be spent. If you go by this logic though - a kid would spend money on new games as well, not just game cards.
    Once again why should a parent expect gambling (A ADULT THING) in a game that is RATED E.

The only research that should be required is looking at the rating on the game and see what it details. It does NOT detail Gambling.

That can be one way about it, There is many ways it can happen.

But once again why would any parent expect that their child could empty out their bank account while playing a game of FIFA that is rated E.

Why does a E rated Title have Gambling in it to begin with?

Gambling is a Adult thing and any game with it should be labeled as such.

Once again for the over 9000th time, Both are at fault for different reasons.
    Because it asked for the credit card to make in game purchases? Its a pretty big clue that you can make Ingame purchases when you put in the details to make them possible...

I do not care about microtx system, it can stay or leave - do not care one bit. In my opinion the parents are to blame for any purchases made by the underage kid - coz they gave their kid such freedom through giving full payment info. So the moment they start whining about game companies - they are full of bull****.
    Yeah, parents trying to shift the guilt from them to "EVUL COMPANIES" are just awful. Though it's not like companies shouldn't be held responsible of trying to lure people into addictive mechanisms.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Because it asked for the credit card to make in game purchases? Its a pretty big clue that you can make Ingame purchases when you put in the details to make them possible...
    Why is it ok for company's to exploit bad parents and people with addictions then?

Why is it ok for the ESRB to not do its job?

Why is it ok for company's to exploit bad parents and people with addictions then?

Why is it ok for the ESRB to not do its job?
    Someone making idiotic choices doesn't mean they've been exploited

Also, we have plenty of cases and laws being put in place because of the ratings and the gambling part of loot boxes, so evidently its not ok. Doesn't mean it isn't 100% parents fault for giving credit card info to people who can't be responsible with them or make research as of why they would need credit card info.

Would you say that it was the stores fault if a parent gave the credit card info to some online account for a toy or candy store and then let their kid go ham on it?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-07-19 at 01:32 PM.

Someone making idiotic choices doesn't mean they've been exploited.
    Don't deflect and you didn't answer the bottom part.

Once again why is it ok for Company's to exploit bad parents and kids?

Why is it ok for the ESRB to not do its job? Don't deflect, Answer the questions outright.

Hate to break it to you but if these company's don't start doing their job, The governments will.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes. it's the parents fault for buying a E game and giving their kid full access to their funds. That second part that you keep ignoring is pretty important here.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes. it's the parents fault for buying a E game and giving their kid full access to their funds. That second part that you keep ignoring is pretty important here.
    Didn't read the bottom of that reply did you?

You know where I said both are at fault for different reasons...

Parents portraying themselves as victims in this is just a way for them to gain sympathy for them fucking up. As above said, any purchase made by their kids in any game is all on the parents because they made it possible by giving them access to their cards without any control.
    Agree. That's bullshit behaviour. Though i put the crafting and tailoring of microtx system into the same bucket with companies just denying or buying time when they're asked how much money they're getting via this sketchy systems.

To me it sounds like the good old pyramid systems, where gullible people are responsible for themselves, but in the end responsibility falls also in the hands of the ones creating and marketing them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.