Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    I remember when I was a Kid, mom would give me her credit card and say "now you can only spend this much or you can only use this one time and then give it back". So what I would do is just write down all the numbers on the card (including the 3 digit on the back) and give it back to her and say "Thanks mom , your the best". Then whenever I wanted something I would plan it out when MOM would spend money (like bills or grocery's ,something) and shuffle in something I wanted off of ebay or amazon. So when she got the bill most times it would just be over looked and if it wasn't I would say something like , those damn credit card ppl messed it up again. Then when the package arrived in the mail it was easy to make up an excuse for that, like my guild buddy's sent me something again (parents don't know). Good times, Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    If you ask me - it is for the better, i have been a fan of old AC games - my favorite one was AC Syndicate. But the whole *Assassins vs Templars* concept got boring after so many games, so if they just named the current game Odyssey and deleted all the AC connections - it still would be good.
    I'd argue it would be a better game because it wouldn't be held down by the fucking retarded "current time" plotlines, or the frankly quite boring stealth mechanics. Throw it all out and start over on a new IP, that people don't come in and expect one thing and then they get a completely other thing.

But then they wouldn't be able to rake in money on the name, so won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'd argue it would be a better game because it wouldn't be held down by the fucking retarded "current time" plotlines, or the frankly quite boring stealth mechanics. Throw it all out and start over on a new IP, that people don't come in and expect one thing and then they get a completely other thing.

But then they wouldn't be able to rake in money on the name, so won't happen.
    True - i do not give two f***s about current time plotlines, they are useless pretty much and are a negative point of Odyssey. Stealth mechanics depends on the person - i like that gameplay, someone doesn't
    And yes, a new IP would mean that old fans would be cautious, while old IP guarantees money even if the game fails at some point.
    Still - Odyssey is a great game, but not AC game. And i agree they should drop AC in the title.

Launch sales is not the same as sales. Especially when Red Dead Redemption 2 was just around the corner and probably impacted sales. What are the sales to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Launch sales is not the same as sales.
    Lol
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Well, If I had a kid he would either:
    A) Not have access to my credit card
    B) Can earn his own cash and spend it on 'lulboxes' if he so desires.
    You've sort of missed the point.

Big companies actively encouraging dangerous behavior in their customers, some of whom they know will be children, to make more money is incredibly unethical.

This isn't limited to games either. In the UK, pro-sports (especially football) has become completely entwined with the betting industry. Watching games is like being constantly assaulted by a betting companies marketing department.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I mean if I looked I could probably find another nobody stating the opposite of this guy.
    Re-quoting this, because shit ~

Former EA CEO stating the same kind of bullshit than the "literally nobody", go figure.

It's like there was actually some sort o planning behind these sort of micro-transactions as the mr nobody puts it.
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫