Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems there’s no evidence that he was actually a missionary, his social media accounts show him as a thrill seeking adventure and its only the local India media painting him as a missionary.
    They arrested the fishermen that bought this fool to the island too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Which part of your post makes celebrating and taunting the one killed the moral path? Did I quote your post in my response? Realizing truths of the situation and going "lawl, religious fool, I jerked off to his death" are two very different things. Why do we live in a post context world? Also "tried to wipe them out with disease" is this actually what you really and truly believe he was trying to do? Really, otherwise why did you lie?
    To answer both: No, of course it's not what he was trying to do, but it's a possible outcome of his actions. To wipe out a tribe that has lived there for some 60.000 years because you wanted an adventure is an unforgivable fuck-up. It's lucky that it didn't happen. With that kind of fuck-up, you can expect some harsh words in return, no matter how good a guy you were otherwise.

You should be respectful when people die, but it doesn't erase his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think we've done that to primitive societies quite enough in human history, thank you. It's the whole reason the island is protected in the first place.

Though I wouldn't be against trying to drop down educational material. Textbooks on other languages, hygiene, anything that could help nudge them in the direction of civilization to where they might build a boat and stop by to contact us. That just seems a lot nicer.
    i don't mean damage them or anything, just toss their warriors around a bit, make scary noises, and watch them flee in terror when you're basically immortal.

maybe it's just my megalomania talking, but i'd find it hilarious.

I feel like people are too sheltered nowadays, between talks of wanting to populate the earth with more large predators and deliberately pissing off native tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't mean damage them or anything, just toss their warriors around a bit, make scary noises, and watch them flee in terror when you're basically immortal.

maybe it's just my megalomania talking, but i'd find it hilarious.
    It's all fun and games until someone breaks a bone or their neck accidently snaps.

Guess he learnt the hard way that God doesn't intervene.

People have been killed on that island before. The natives are not open to contact, and there's literally no need for the outside world to lay claim to the island, so let them be.

If they start going to the mainland and kill people, then we'll have a problem.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-21 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sounds like these savages need some Freedom™.

Apparently the island is no longer ‘protected’. So it wasn’t illegal for him to travel there. Maybe that’s why he thought he’d risk it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I feel like people are too sheltered nowadays, between talks of wanting to populate the earth with more large predators and deliberately pissing off native tribes.
    I'm all for re-introducing the entire cast of Ice Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    RIP that guy. Unfortunate that he lost his life.
    He knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Apparently the island is no longer ‘protected’. So it wasn’t illegal for him to travel there. Maybe that’s why he thought he’d risk it.
    Still illegal to travel there, why those that helped him get there have been arrested for it.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

What a dumbass. Darwin Award material if you ask me.

I know i shouldnt speak ill of the dead but what a idiot!!

I know about this tribe and they will literally slit your throat the moment you set foot on there islands

Infact when rescue choppers tried to help them after the Tsunami that devastated most of south east Asia the rescue helicopter had to escape cause they was fired upon by hundreds of arrows!!

Seriously leave these people alone

You people are fucking disgusting.
    It's sad that he died, but he must have known what he was getting himself into. He broke the law, and entered a very dangerous island. At best he would get arrested and thrown in jail for his crimes.

It's abit similar to a story about the two norwegians who entered Congo seeking thrill and adventure by being mercenaries. Then they killed their driver and got themselves arrested, getting sentenced to life in prisen (which sucks a great deal in a country like Congo). After several years, one of them couldn't take it anymore, so he made his friend end his life. I don't have a grain of sympathy for people dying in a manner like that - going somewhere they shouldn't be, doing something they shouldn't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Yah. I'm also pretty sure that poster dosn't own a gundam like device in which to carry out this plan. As far as im aware gundams havnt been made available for civ use yet :P.

they have fine motor control, so you could avoid hurting people. they're also only like 8ft tall at most.

just lift them up by their spears and fling them a little ways. let them stab at you with their spears and laugh. if there's one thing that transcends the language barrier, it's the facial expression a person makes when they realize they fucked up, and it's comical every time.

They are, and they know it.

What could go wrong with letting such savage tribes exist on earth. They just kill people on sight. Wipe them out for the safety of real people.

Ya but, they are also fictional, suits of power armor that is :P
    i know, that's why i said it's always been a fun little idea. could leave them a crate of medical supplies when you're done.

it's like being in 5th grade and going over to the 1st graders to pick on them on the playground, then giving them a juice box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick someone airdrop a door over there and tell the Jehovah Witness and Mormons they need to go convert them too!

Seriously though, how ignorant do missionaries have to be? Are they that full of themselves that they think their deity will protect them from all harm, especially when committing a major crime?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    What could go wrong with letting such savage tribes exist on earth. They just kill people on sight. Wipe them out for the safety of real people.
    If only we could seclude them on a remote island and bar all attempts at communication with them, then they can just do their own thing. /s
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

For saying he was stupid? Lol?