Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Warcraft doesn't have the amount of popularity that Pokémon has. Why would they even bother trying to make an attempt? Rather try to fix the actual game instead so it doesn't feel like we are still testing a beta
    Because the mobile market is the biggest market. The revenue is the same as pc and console market together. Not making games for the mobile market is nonsensical and would be a dumb move by Blizzard.

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Tom Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Myspace.com
    Posts
    359
    Nail in the coffin.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    are the current blizzard games not making enough money for them?
    Two links for you to draw your own conclusions:

    https://gamerant.com/black-ops-4-dig...rd-activision/

    https://www.investors.com/news/techn...ion-investors/

  4. #24
    It had better be called World of Walkcraft.

  5. #25
    Damn, rather hoped the island preview would talk about the supposed loot system improvements.

  6. #26
    >Kotaku
    >Most of these highlights are unconfirmed by Blizzard.

    Enough said, take it with grain of salt.

    *rolleyes*

  7. #27
    who cares of kotaku?

    who cares of mobile phones?

    who cares of fucking mobile games?

  8. #28
    Jason "i spread lies" Schreier at it again


    i wonder how long till someone comes out and disputes these claims also

  9. #29
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Kotaku Article - Warcraft Version of Pokemon Go?
    Kotaku posted an article yesterday talking about Diablo / Blizzard's mobile plans and quoted supposedly anonymous Blizzard employees mentioning the possibility of a Warcraft version of Pokemon Go. Here are some of the highlights that the article mentions. Most of these highlights are unconfirmed by Blizzard.
    Didn't Kotaku get in trouble in the past for making up things and passing them off as 'fact', or am I thinking of someone else?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  10. #30
    Why are unconfirmed rumors from an unknown sources who is allegedly working for Blizzard in the news section? None of them are confirmed by Blizzard. I vote we keep rumors and speculation based off of unknown sources off the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I understand the big CEOs and board director wanting this. But the article says the devs themselves are excited about this. Which honestly, only make me think that maybe Blizzard started recruiting damn casuals that do not reflect at all the Blizzard playerbase.
    Honestly if I was a game dev, I wouldnt play the games I make or really any games. Because you are working on them all day.
    That would make me really out of touch with my customer.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    That's actually hilarious, I wonder if Blizzard is trying to find a way to get out of Activision. It seems like no matter what they do the board wants more.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Honestly if I was a game dev, I wouldnt play the games I make or really any games. Because you are working on them all day.
    That would make me really out of touch with my customer.
    I know a couple of game devs, they basically don't play anything seriously because they're so burned out from MAKING games, and when they do play games the definitely don't want to play what they've spent 8+ hours working. Then they go play some other devs game and they can do nothing but find issues with it lol, being a game dev is not what people think it is growing up.

  14. #34
    The perception is that Activision is starting to get more and more involved with Blizzard because 2018 had been a week year for them
    I wish mmo-c wouldn't make posts about those articles before they get confirmed or disputed by blizzard.

  15. #35
    /pours one out for DIII:X2.

  16. #36
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why are unconfirmed rumors from an unknown sources who is allegedly working for Blizzard in the news section? None of them are confirmed by Blizzard. I vote we keep rumors and speculation based off of unknown sources off the front page.
    I second this... Seems counter productive.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,282
    I believe Morhaime pushed back against ActivisionBlizzard's board for too long as was offered one of two choices:

    A) We give you a nice retirement package, you can be a consultant, but you step aside and let someone else take the reins of Blizzard for a bit.

    ~OR~

    B) We slam your ass publicly, No Lube, with Chance XL over there. You get nothing but a sore ass.

  18. #38
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,494
    They don't need to make a Warcraft version of Pokemon Go, they just need to make a mobile app that allows you to play pet battles for WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  19. #39
    One question: Is this an early April Fools joke?


    I don't even know what this would be: Pet Battles Go? Pet battles are already a very simplified version of Pokemon.

  20. #40
    Pokemon GO! destroyed the quality of pokemon main games.

    Be prepared to the worst
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •