View Poll Results: Should Holy get a rework?

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

85 29.01%
  • Yes

208 70.99%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmooch View Post
    I'm really curious to see what the do about Glimmer next expansion. I feel like it is so ingrained in how Holy Pally plays now that just straight up getting rid of it would be a huge mistake (not that they haven't done that before *see Legion artifact abilities*). Finding someway to work Glimmer into Mastery would be a start, but I think the easier solution would be to just add it as a talent moving forward. Probably in the same row as Avenging Crusader, that way you have a choice of play-styles.
    Ah yes.. having to choose between Sanctified wrath and glimmer.. I bet you work for Blizzard. Just make it baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmooch View Post
    I'm really curious to see what the do about Glimmer next expansion. I feel like it is so ingrained in how Holy Pally plays now that just straight up getting rid of it would be a huge mistake (not that they haven't done that before *see Legion artifact abilities*). Finding someway to work Glimmer into Mastery would be a start, but I think the easier solution would be to just add it as a talent moving forward. Probably in the same row as Avenging Crusader, that way you have a choice of play-styles.
    The playstyle with glimmer is basically the same as MoP paladin worked, where you tried casting single HP heals on as many people as you could to keep the shield on them. Seems to me they just need to change the mastery back to something like that.

I have an idea that may seem very radical & maybe even out of left-field, but I think this idea may work although not at first BUT, hear me out...

Ive mainly play Ret but I have dabbled in holy in every exp since Cata, I sat out most of BFA after getting my toon up to LVL 120. It seems like every iteration of holy just seems to be a recycle/rework of another class's ability. Paladins seemed to be the 'jack-of-all-trades but masters of none' in the more recent expansions & I have pushed for making Holy Paladin playstyle similar to the Discipline Priest, just melee...but that would wreak havoc on PvP, where Hpallies are already the most susceptible to CC because of their lacking mobility. What I propose is to:

COMPLETELY DROP HOLY PALADIN AS A HEALING SPEC and reintroduce Holy Paladin as the official 'Shockadin' class...a ranged caster for those paladin players that would like a change of pace from melee dps'ing. I don't think many will accept this change in the beginning, but because there are soo many other great healers to choose from that does everything a little better than a hpally can. Paladins will become similar to demon hunters in that they can only tank or dps and I, for one, would welcome that change

Yes. Bring back MOP holadin. With options to spec into "aoe" healing (more like dung grp healing), "hot" healing (perfect vs melees in arenas), strong ST healing... + more than judgement + crusader strike spam dmg. We had denounce, holy prism, REBUKE....

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    Yes please! I hate glimmer ;3
    I know it's completely off topic. But... you are BEAUTIFUL.

I don't care much for Glimmer, but I'm fine with the overall style. It feels rather unique to me. Beacon of Virtue is amaaaaazing!
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Blademaster A Princess From Norway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Yes. Bring back MOP holadin. With options to spec into "aoe" healing (more like dung grp healing), "hot" healing (perfect vs melees in arenas), strong ST healing... + more than judgement + crusader strike spam dmg. We had denounce, holy prism, REBUKE....

I know it's completely off topic. But... you are BEAUTIFUL.
    Not so sure about that but thank you sweetie lol.

I switched to holy priest so I don't have to worry about glimmer anymore btw
    Trans, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Scarlett Johansson = GOALS

a big issue with holy imo, is the lack of synergy between core spells, Holy shock, holy light and flash of light have very little interaction with each other, the only thing is infusion of light, and that has no real impact on gameplay since it's just "your next heal is more effective", getting a holy shock crit isn't that exciting because of infusion of light is so bland as an effect.

Their mastery is shit, give that a rework at the least.

Yes. Holy can be fun now but it is entirely based around Holy Shock at the time. Cool lore important abilities like Holy Light are low priority fillers now, mastery feels like a penalization for not being melee or close to other players, and Light of Martyr has no place in current setup.
    My favourite Holy design was during Warlords when managing Holy Power was a thing and players could rotate between a high mana high healing rotation (with Holy radiance and Flash of Light to build up Holy power and deliver high healing through word of glory and light of dawn quickly) or a more moderate rotation with net positive mana spend (building HP through Holy shock, judgement, and filling with Holy Light). This added a lot of choice and different ways to approach AoE healing vs Tank Healing in low vs high HPS situations.
    I also really liked the Shield mastery, I know Blizz is unlikely to go back to shields, but there could be better mastery interactions such as making dmg output heal or increase future heals. There is some of this right now with talents to make crusader strike interact with CDs of some instant heals, hopefully they will build on this idea instead of keeping mastery a 10yd buff to healing when most players don't have a way to measure yard distance and talents that buff mastery distance make that mechanic more complex rather than less.

Playing my Holy Pal every once in a while after months always reminds me how dull an boring the spec plays compared to all the other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaski View Post
    I have an idea that may seem very radical & maybe even out of left-field, but I think this idea may work although not at first BUT, hear me out...

Ive mainly play Ret but I have dabbled in holy in every exp since Cata, I sat out most of BFA after getting my toon up to LVL 120. It seems like every iteration of holy just seems to be a recycle/rework of another class's ability. Paladins seemed to be the 'jack-of-all-trades but masters of none' in the more recent expansions & I have pushed for making Holy Paladin playstyle similar to the Discipline Priest, just melee...but that would wreak havoc on PvP, where Hpallies are already the most susceptible to CC because of their lacking mobility. What I propose is to:

COMPLETELY DROP HOLY PALADIN AS A HEALING SPEC and reintroduce Holy Paladin as the official 'Shockadin' class...a ranged caster for those paladin players that would like a change of pace from melee dps'ing. I don't think many will accept this change in the beginning, but because there are soo many other great healers to choose from that does everything a little better than a hpally can. Paladins will become similar to demon hunters in that they can only tank or dps and I, for one, would welcome that change
    Holy pallys and disc priests are literally the best healers right now lol? Outside of M+ where Druid is a tier above everything largely due to battle rez.