Poll: Should Holy get a rework?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Yes. Bring back MOP holadin. With options to spec into "aoe" healing (more like dung grp healing), "hot" healing (perfect vs melees in arenas), strong ST healing... + more than judgement + crusader strike spam dmg. We had denounce, holy prism, REBUKE....

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    Yes please! I hate glimmer ;3
    I know it's completely off topic. But... you are BEAUTIFUL.

I don't care much for Glimmer, but I'm fine with the overall style. It feels rather unique to me. Beacon of Virtue is amaaaaazing!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Yes. Bring back MOP holadin. With options to spec into "aoe" healing (more like dung grp healing), "hot" healing (perfect vs melees in arenas), strong ST healing... + more than judgement + crusader strike spam dmg. We had denounce, holy prism, REBUKE....

I know it's completely off topic. But... you are BEAUTIFUL.
    Not so sure about that but thank you sweetie lol.

I switched to holy priest so I don't have to worry about glimmer anymore btw
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

10+ Year Old Account
    a big issue with holy imo, is the lack of synergy between core spells, Holy shock, holy light and flash of light have very little interaction with each other, the only thing is infusion of light, and that has no real impact on gameplay since it's just "your next heal is more effective", getting a holy shock crit isn't that exciting because of infusion of light is so bland as an effect.

Their mastery is shit, give that a rework at the least.

Yes. Holy can be fun now but it is entirely based around Holy Shock at the time. Cool lore important abilities like Holy Light are low priority fillers now, mastery feels like a penalization for not being melee or close to other players, and Light of Martyr has no place in current setup.
    My favourite Holy design was during Warlords when managing Holy Power was a thing and players could rotate between a high mana high healing rotation (with Holy radiance and Flash of Light to build up Holy power and deliver high healing through word of glory and light of dawn quickly) or a more moderate rotation with net positive mana spend (building HP through Holy shock, judgement, and filling with Holy Light). This added a lot of choice and different ways to approach AoE healing vs Tank Healing in low vs high HPS situations.
    I also really liked the Shield mastery, I know Blizz is unlikely to go back to shields, but there could be better mastery interactions such as making dmg output heal or increase future heals. There is some of this right now with talents to make crusader strike interact with CDs of some instant heals, hopefully they will build on this idea instead of keeping mastery a 10yd buff to healing when most players don't have a way to measure yard distance and talents that buff mastery distance make that mechanic more complex rather than less.

Playing my Holy Pal every once in a while after months always reminds me how dull an boring the spec plays compared to all the other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaski View Post
    I have an idea that may seem very radical & maybe even out of left-field, but I think this idea may work although not at first BUT, hear me out...

Ive mainly play Ret but I have dabbled in holy in every exp since Cata, I sat out most of BFA after getting my toon up to LVL 120. It seems like every iteration of holy just seems to be a recycle/rework of another class's ability. Paladins seemed to be the 'jack-of-all-trades but masters of none' in the more recent expansions & I have pushed for making Holy Paladin playstyle similar to the Discipline Priest, just melee...but that would wreak havoc on PvP, where Hpallies are already the most susceptible to CC because of their lacking mobility. What I propose is to:

COMPLETELY DROP HOLY PALADIN AS A HEALING SPEC and reintroduce Holy Paladin as the official 'Shockadin' class...a ranged caster for those paladin players that would like a change of pace from melee dps'ing. I don't think many will accept this change in the beginning, but because there are soo many other great healers to choose from that does everything a little better than a hpally can. Paladins will become similar to demon hunters in that they can only tank or dps and I, for one, would welcome that change
    Holy pallys and disc priests are literally the best healers right now lol? Outside of M+ where Druid is a tier above everything largely due to battle rez.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is needed to be changed.
    I see the mastery of other healing specs and envy them massively looking at how better they are than our useless shit.

What mastery would i like to see?

Keeping in mind the same melee heal philosophy, id rework Avenging Crusader into our Mastery, and to avoid making our Mastery stat mandatory maxed out one, id put it that way: 10% Mastery - smart heal 1 target with any melee attack and autoattack, 20% Mastery - smart heal 2 targets with any melee attack and autoattack (+better HPS numbers), 30% Mastery - smart heal 3 targets with any melee attack and autoattack (+better HPS numbers). Thats the soft cap. More of it will just increase HPS or add 4target heal on 50% or higher which will be no desirable in most builds.

Rule of Law talent - 2 charges - allow to smart heal up to 8 targets with any melee attack and autoattack. Our raid CD to pop up every 8-15 seconds.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-02-19 at 05:19 AM.

When melee groups are constantly being pulled around by tanks, moving everyone away from the healer, causing the healer to have to chase them down a lot to give them things like Devotion Aura or to once again be in range to use melee abilities on the boss, it can be kind of troubling when you want to use abilities like Holy Light or Flash of Light. It'd be nice if once in a while you could cast these on the move, so you could run with your party and keep providing the aura to the extent you want to. There isn't as much room to be optimal with aura placement when you don't have the mobility to do so. Now, Paladins shouldn't have a lot of movement buttons - I'm not advocating for Divine Steed charges or anything, I think plate wearers should be less mobile, but in terms of staying in melee they need to be able to do that more I think. There are other things that could help as well, like having melee abilities causing temporary beacons on nearby allies (prioritizing most injured). I think that directly healing targets causing Glimmers is great, and abilities like Beacon of Virtue should be complimented as well. It can be really cool to Holy Shock and Light of Dawn in melee while you have those beacons out. I think the beacons are pretty iconic.

Holy as it stands is fine. There could be a few changes to make it a little better.

In Shadowlands it would be nice if Glimmer of Light became a spec passive or replace the mastery which is a little dull and needs changing.
    Outside of cooldowns they are a little slow. Minor buffs to Flash of Light or Holy light would be nice. Whether that be reduced cast time or more healing.

I hate Holy being that melee heal. Never liked that.

Besides that, i think Holy could be great to play, when He have normal quick casting heal and Long Casting heal, but that only works on himself. Also he get a Instant spell to direct big amount of allies dmg to him, that He heals away on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    I hate Holy being that melee heal. Never liked that.

Besides that, i think Holy could be great to play, when He have normal quick casting heal and Long Casting heal, but that only works on himself. Also he get a Instant spell to direct big amount of allies dmg to him, that He heals away on himself.
    Paladins are a melee class though. Unless you're referring to changing their mastery?
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Paladins are a melee class though. Unless you're referring to changing their mastery?
    a) doesnt mean, it have to be that melee heal behvaiour (see older xpacs)

b) yes, includes that horrible mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sure. Pinnacle of the spec. You literally put beacon on tanks and did nothing but spam Holy Light. Literally that's it.

Like it was literally spam holy light, with right gear and trinkets you couldn't OOM spamming Holy Light(the most expensive and highest HPS spell).
    Exactly. In WoTLK all Holy Paladins did - and if people don't remember there's YouTube - was Holy Light and Flash of Light. That's it. What a monotonous rotation... people need to stop wearing their rose tinted goggles. As far as I'm concerned, two-spell rotations are not considered the "pinnacle" of a specialization...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

If Holy Paladin was changed to being a Plate-wearing, ranged-caster spec, I'd consider dropping my Demon Hunter. If the other cosmic forces have a caster spec, why can't Light? Discipline Priest doesn't count - it's still a healer!