Poll: Should Holy get a rework?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    what about Beacon of light then?
    Instead of buffing up to 4 injured targets you just buffing 3 additional targets when BoL is active.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    logged in just to vote yes, Holy has gotten boring due to the fact it feel so familiar to what we've been doing countless expansions, only difference is it's just much weaker right now in BFA. p.s. i like Eternal Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Instead of buffing up to 4 injured targets you just buffing 3 additional targets when BoL is active.
    Agreed on this. I also think that BoV should act as an addition to BoL instead of replacing it entirely. If so, it would be a great talent for raids too.

Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    Playing 3x glimmer with cm/ha/sw/dp is actually looking pretty strong if you're interested in playing a little bit like old mistweaver with rem for days, plus way more in depth than the standard. *Almost* makes me think the azerite system is working.
    So it's funny you mention that. It seems like a lot of people loved the sacred flame holy paladin we had in MoP and WoD. I for one didn't care for it, one bit. This was also another major reason I stayed with mistweaver during MoP and WoD even with my paladin hitting cap in both expansions. I refused to play holy. When it was taken out I was thankful. To me a holy paladin using HoT's is not my imagination of how I play holy paladin, this is not to say others can't have it or enjoy it.

Idk why I feel this way, because I enjoyed MW which has some hots and some direct heals. It's not to say I hate resto druid, I just...idk hots on a paladin feels so foreign to me. I think the closest I get to enjoying it is wotlk judgement of light and cataclysm I think we had some HoT on a set bonus transfer to tanks...I don't remember if this is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i never signed for being that much of a melee healer. so, yes.

and our mastery sucks as hell.
    I feel the same way.

Healing/damage patterns do not favour Holy paly. Best tool holy needs is a way to normalise and redistribute over healing (like a spirit link) to be able to cope with current raid design

Quote Originally Posted by Vynlann View Post
    So it's funny you mention that. It seems like a lot of people loved the sacred flame holy paladin we had in MoP and WoD. I for one didn't care for it, one bit. This was also another major reason I stayed with mistweaver during MoP and WoD even with my paladin hitting cap in both expansions. I refused to play holy. When it was taken out I was thankful. To me a holy paladin using HoT's is not my imagination of how I play holy paladin, this is not to say others can't have it or enjoy it.

Idk why I feel this way, because I enjoyed MW which has some hots and some direct heals. It's not to say I hate resto druid, I just...idk hots on a paladin feels so foreign to me. I think the closest I get to enjoying it is wotlk judgement of light and cataclysm I think we had some HoT on a set bonus transfer to tanks...I don't remember if this is true though.
    Personally I loved it for the mastery interaction but I could've phrased better, the trait's not an actual hot it just makes holy shock apply a buff that gets healing whenever you holy shock so like rem and uplift in one. Though a huge part of uplift was having to work with chi imo so it's kinda bootleg but still an improvement over default spec.

Hell no, why? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I love my holy paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Scrap the paladin mastery and redesign it, imo. Nothing else is urgent.

- - - Updated - - -

Monk, drood and disco are better than holy. Only Shamans and Holy priests are doing worse.
    But hey, since Blizzard hates paladins since vanilla, it could be a whole lot worse.
    A decently geared shaman rapes hpally in bod bro. That chain heal with constant aoe damage has every raid healer looking like a fucking boss in bod. Hpaldins can be better geared and still parse low because lack of raid healing utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    A decently geared shaman rapes hpally in bod bro. That chain heal with constant aoe damage has every raid healer looking like a fucking boss in bod. Hpaldins can be better geared and still parse low because lack of raid healing utility.
    Yes, this does not help either.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I currently don't know what i even am, honestly. Am i Tankheal? No. My "massive" heals are not massive and are way to cost inefficient... Am i a groupheal? Good joke. The only way i can compete is with the talents for Light of Dawn + Traits. And even then every decent Holy Priest farts his way past me because of a passive hot that lands on everything he heals and no matter how hard i try, i can't compete. It doesn't even seem to be a thing only based on me. With my motivation my parsing kind of faded from 90% to 77% or something on my ilvl... but... like... What cooldowns do i have? Lay on Hands? Cool cool. Mana-regain? Zero. The Aura is not remotely as strong as comparable raid cooldowns... Its all a bit... bad.

I mean since i mentioned Holy-Priests. The fuck is our mastery? ...increased healing depending on the distance? A nebolous bullshit concept, really. In any environment. The priests got a passive hot so strong that it is the biggest contributor to their overall healing output. Why the heck is that needed? I wish i had even remotely such an effect...

Im very unsatisfied right now.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to understand this Glimmer style of healing but I'm not very good at it. Just barely beat a resto shaman who was 20 item levels below me. It was just Raid Finder though, not the best test environment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion HPalies were the most fun to play to me. We had few powerful combinations of talents, very flexible in 15, 75level to 100level rows, only one second stat to prioritize, which made gearing easier (now we have to choose between all crit for default build or all haste for Glimmer build).
    But thats just the beginning.
    The most fun stuff was when you have 50% crit, LoD CD reduction on tier set, and Sea Star of the Depthmother trinket which gave an extremely powerful HoT after almost each LoD.
    Now, with Artifact, we could have pop up an extremely powerful AoE heals every 4 to 7 seconds. Add to that massive Aura of Sacrifice oh shit button, plus extremely powerful crits of Holy shock, no need to stand still for casts and damn, it was a blast of a play style. You just run around, swinging your 2h and popping up massive instant AoE and ST heals. Oh, and it was oddly satisfying to see how mana efficient we were back then. Other healers choke on mana, and we just bathed in it.

Im still shocked how Blizzard just took most of this Artifact/TierSets flavor from us leaving just bare bones of the spec, boring and bland, and giving nothing to compensate the loss.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2019-03-16 at 08:02 AM.

Conqueror of Orgrimmar NerfHealers's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I vote that holy goes back to using 2 handed weapons because I there better for mogs

Yes please!! In my opinion, I really don't like these melee battle healer talents. And the mastery sucks too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain Holy paladin is the only spec that needs a lot of crit in order to feel (somewhat) good to play anymore, there were fury and Fire mages back in the day too, but blizzard did solve that issue in around Legion/WoD so that people didn't have to wait a tier or two before it became viable or even just enjoyable to play, holy on the other hand got it even worse with the nerf to holy shock's crit bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Dunno about you, but I loved having to judge to maintain the buff, using divine plead, sacred shield, playing with the seals and, of course, having some useful buffs!

It wasn't just about raiding, but PvPing as well. Opinions are opinions though.
    Sacred Shield was MoP mastery

Melee and Judgment has practically always been a staple of Hpal, namely for Judgment/seal effects, as well as holy power when that's been a thing. First and foremost, we should be able to choose debuffs and beneficial effects for things such as extra holy damage or heals on attacks, and Mana/health on attacks.

IMO, the master should be taken one step further and have splash heals on damage done and remove proximity bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Sacred Shield was MoP mastery
    It was an actual spell in WoTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Melee and Judgment has practically always been a staple of Hpal, namely for Judgment/seal effects, as well as holy power when that's been a thing. First and foremost, we should be able to choose debuffs and beneficial effects for things such as extra holy damage or heals on attacks, and Mana/health on attacks.

IMO, the master should be taken one step further and have splash heals on damage done and remove proximity bonuses.
    You are kind of exchanging one gimmick for the next tho. Even with a full damage focused skill and "rotation" the healing would not be enough unless our damage was buffed. This just won't work i believe.

What we need is a proper group healing ability and a raid cooldown that is not a joke.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.