Poll: Should Holy get a rework?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I believe Holy paladins should be more like melee Discipline priests. They should be healing directly, but a substantial amount of healing should be done through the damage the paladin inflicts to the enemy. Or even damage done to him. Make that plate armour mean something! And they certainly should gain more mobility. Their mastery is all about range, but they probably are the least mobile healer in the game.

Maybe they could get Holy power like Ret paladins from their dps abilities, but their Holy power spenders would be heals instead?
    Holy did have HolyPower back in Cata and MoP. It was OK, but the need to get 3 HoPo for big heals made clutch healing harder.

I agree with the dps/healing idea. Legion was a step in the right direction, but it failed to capture the HotS-Uther playstyle. To me, Holy should be a spec that runs around swinging a hammer for 70% of the time and reads a holy book for the rest.

The "proximity = %healing" mechanic was alright, but would work better if it measured your proximity to enemies. The closer you are to mobs, the more healing you do. Holy could also have auras the heal nearby targets automatically, and the weakness/challenge of the spec would be healing the range characters while still attacking. This would mostly be done with beacons and some new mechanics. Maybe the healing cone spell could shoot backwards when pressed.

Maybe Holy Prism could be a placeable object that relays your AoE heals. The could even be a talent row that lets you augment it to follow players, or focus the bonus heals into one player at a time, or damage mobs as well.

Disc priest is my favorite to level right now. I really want an Uther playstyle, but the mechanics have to allow a melee-centric playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one don't appreciate the existing spec centered around spreading holy shock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I for one don't appreciate the existing spec centered around spreading holy shock
    GoL is basically the little downie brother of Atonement.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

The more Holy Paladins differenciate from Holy Priests -in plate..., the more I am happy

While nothing is perfect I am fine with how Holy is currently designed.
    It will change in the next xpac, but I am all for a offensive healer class fantasy design aka Holy Warrior with heals, with crusader strike, like current.

I am aware that due to balance issues then the spec won't heal as good as other healers, like current, and I am ready to pay the price : weak raid healing by design (except maybie now with a glimmer build), but still a spot in raids due to his mitigation cds...

I won't vote in the pool though - thread is a bit old.^^-Cheers

They need something more interesting than hard casts and clunky aoe heals.
    I absolutely hate the BEACON mechanic and their mastery. They are ok in dungeons.

Their mastery should be > increases healing from spells by X% and 2X% of damage done radiates healing to allies in a 15 yard radius.

If they could make Holy Paladins a little more flexible and fun, I'd make paladin my main class, as I like both Prot and Ret as they are.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2019-08-01 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I think all specs are pretty well off as of right now, I think they could be revised just a bit.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

No I don't think you should change anything.

It would never happen but I always felt Holy should heal mostly passively and be a melee class. Imagine like the old Seal/Judgment of Light where melee heals, and then things like Light of Dawn that are resource spenders for a big single target or AOE heal. Basically the Shamicar in the original RIFT: A melee class with a lot of passive healing and healing resources but not the stand back and cast healing spells type of class.

However, that doesn't fit into WoW's design style.

I hope they majorly rework holy.
    I hate this whole Glimmer idea, and the way it works.
    I stopped playing Holy because Glimmer was just "so much stronger" than traditional or any other style of healing, but its so crappy to have to watch peoples health drop whilst DPSing to get more holy shocks.

I really want to see an aggressive healer spec. I want to slice them to pieces with my blade when I am healing!

Been playing holy pally since the young days of vanilla and seen the class go through a lot of changes still raiding mythic today but I do agree its gone to shit like, melee healer was pretty cool but its soo mundane crusader strike to holy shock glimmer thats the play style, basically any holy pally from wotlk-Mop would be soo much better even Wod hpally was fun. Definitely needs a rework

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Dunno about you, but I loved having to judge to maintain the buff, using divine plead, sacred shield, playing with the seals and, of course, having some useful buffs!

It wasn't just about raiding, but PvPing as well. Opinions are opinions though.
    Somebody who wasn't a shitty Wrath Holy Paladin! Don't forget the Holy Shocks to gain the crit to Holy Light on the next cast and to snipe other healers lololololol.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes please! I hate glimmer ;3

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I never asked, for 5 expansions, to be a melee-ranged healer. Hate it.

I would really like a HoT.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d say holy is the best feeling pally spec at the moment. All I would really change is the mastery to be like avenging crusader where you could get auto healing off of attacks and Mabye another aoe heal.

I'm really curious to see what the do about Glimmer next expansion. I feel like it is so ingrained in how Holy Pally plays now that just straight up getting rid of it would be a huge mistake (not that they haven't done that before *see Legion artifact abilities*). Finding someway to work Glimmer into Mastery would be a start, but I think the easier solution would be to just add it as a talent moving forward. Probably in the same row as Avenging Crusader, that way you have a choice of play-styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmooch View Post
    I'm really curious to see what the do about Glimmer next expansion. I feel like it is so ingrained in how Holy Pally plays now that just straight up getting rid of it would be a huge mistake (not that they haven't done that before *see Legion artifact abilities*). Finding someway to work Glimmer into Mastery would be a start, but I think the easier solution would be to just add it as a talent moving forward. Probably in the same row as Avenging Crusader, that way you have a choice of play-styles.
    Ah yes.. having to choose between Sanctified wrath and glimmer.. I bet you work for Blizzard. Just make it baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmooch View Post
    The playstyle with glimmer is basically the same as MoP paladin worked, where you tried casting single HP heals on as many people as you could to keep the shield on them. Seems to me they just need to change the mastery back to something like that.

I have an idea that may seem very radical & maybe even out of left-field, but I think this idea may work although not at first BUT, hear me out...

Ive mainly play Ret but I have dabbled in holy in every exp since Cata, I sat out most of BFA after getting my toon up to LVL 120. It seems like every iteration of holy just seems to be a recycle/rework of another class's ability. Paladins seemed to be the 'jack-of-all-trades but masters of none' in the more recent expansions & I have pushed for making Holy Paladin playstyle similar to the Discipline Priest, just melee...but that would wreak havoc on PvP, where Hpallies are already the most susceptible to CC because of their lacking mobility. What I propose is to:

COMPLETELY DROP HOLY PALADIN AS A HEALING SPEC and reintroduce Holy Paladin as the official 'Shockadin' class...a ranged caster for those paladin players that would like a change of pace from melee dps'ing. I don't think many will accept this change in the beginning, but because there are soo many other great healers to choose from that does everything a little better than a hpally can. Paladins will become similar to demon hunters in that they can only tank or dps and I, for one, would welcome that change