Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    tinker class, fits nomes and goblins

Expect? Dark Ranger.

Want? Bard.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think this is more what I want than what I expect, but Tinker.

Gnomes and goblins are obvious playable races. I think dwarves (especially dark irons) could be a good fit too, since they're pretty tech friendly. Maybe human and undead, but those are a bit of a stretch. I think races like tauren or night elves wouldn't really work since they don't care as much for machinery or technology in general.

They'd pilot mechs and be kind of steampunk themed. One tank spec (lots of armor plating and maybe a shield generator), one ranged spec (stuff along the lines of machine guns and rocket launchers), one melee spec (stuff like chainsaws or maybe something similar to a power fist from Warhammer 40k), one healing spec (medic gun like in Starcraft, and maybe healing gas grenades that heal allies but damage enemies). Gnomes and goblins would be like tauren size in their mechs.

In terms of game mechanics, I don't know if that could work in a game like WoW, but I think it'd be really cool.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-12-04 at 03:24 PM.

Dont expect one at all, everything is the same now so why bother, they add another class and in order to "balance" new class they'll just take shit from other specs give it to the new class and nerf everything around it instead of actually creating something new....

I'm not sure if this was already said but I would love a Lancer/Dragoon class. A plate/mail that uses Dex with polearms. Using jump abilities and possible having a support role. They can stand further back than regular Melee but not as far as casters.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceofDarkness View Post
    I'm not sure if this was already said but I would love a Lancer/Dragoon class. A plate/mail that uses Dex with polearms. Using jump abilities and possible having a support role. They can stand further back than regular Melee but not as far as casters.
    I want to see a Warcraft take on this too, but I'm not sure how it would even fit in WoW. I have a feeling jumping high will disorient people or mess people up in any low ceiling areas, or muck up certain raid mechanics and end up blowing people in the air off ramps and such. WoW isn't really good for that kind of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyme View Post
    The one thing i want in the game that is thematically lacking is the void theme, the only spec in the game that uses the void is Shadow priest (and sub rogue to some extent i guess) but i'd like to see something like the opposite of a paladin but with the void.
    Since the story seems to be leading to a void expansion, I think a void themed class makes sense (that or void specs for everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Since the story seems to be leading to a void expansion, I think a void themed class makes sense (that or void specs for everyone).
    Not sure how they'd make Void Specs for Mages and Warlocks that are different than Shadow Priests... plus how are they going to add another void spec the priests?

A single, new void class seems easier... a void race even easier still. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    With the actual situation of personal loot, is the armor class really a thing? Does it matter? To me it seems, we could just get along without the armor classes. And creating a class based on the armor type (if we go that way) is a terrible way to start a brainstorm for a class in my opinion. I see the problem. But I think Blizz is more moving towards another way of naming armor types. They could select the classes and made them be able to use it (as was done before) instead of having an armor type, at least in my opinion.
    Considering how much gear that is traded around in the raids with PL, you don't want to be Mail atm, as the odds of you getting gear is so low compared to if you are a Leather user.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Dark Rangers? Fits with the possible Undead themed expansion. Problem is, they're gonna be Blood Elves and Night Elves again which is unlikely given that the Demon Hunters were also Elf-exclusive.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

I'd like to see a complete class redesign. Go back to more "tree" like design that let you pick and choose your class. Something like ArcheAge would be fun.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tinker makes the most sense as mechs cannot be taken over by Old Gods or Void mind control, if we get a Black Empire 2.0 or Voidlord Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Tinker makes the most sense as mechs cannot be taken over by Old Gods or Void mind control, if we get a Black Empire 2.0 or Voidlord Expansion.
    But the player in the mech can still be taken over.

Tinker is the only option that that fills a niche within the lore, and it has the added benefit of being tied to gnomes and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Dont expect one at all, everything is the same now so why bother, they add another class and in order to "balance" new class they'll just take shit from other specs give it to the new class and nerf everything around it instead of actually creating something new....
    Good point, Demon Hunter feels a lot like what Demonology Lock was, just with more melee moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Considering how much gear that is traded around in the raids with PL, you don't want to be Mail atm, as the odds of you getting gear is so low compared to if you are a Leather user.
    Help me understand this. By way of Bliss logic there are 12 specs that use leather and 6 that use mail. You feel that someone has a better chance of gear by going with leather over mail?

I imagine they will do something like allied races for specs, where each class gets a new spec that has to be unlocked via some kind of grind at max level. But, I actually think they will do something safer like dark rangers and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
    Dark Rangers? Fits with the possible Undead themed expansion. Problem is, they're gonna be Blood Elves and Night Elves again which is unlikely given that the Demon Hunters were also Elf-exclusive.
    The difference is that while Demon Hunters were restricted to Blood Elves and Night Elves because lore reasons (they're the elves trained by Illidan), there's currently nothing that prevents Dark Ranger be new recruits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Tinker is the only option that that fills a niche within the lore, and it has the added benefit of being tied to gnomes and goblins.
    Since people are hung up on Gnome and Goblin populations, you could add Orcs, Draenei, and Dwarves to a Tinker class as well.

Iron Horde, Lightforged, and Titan styled mechs and technology would be pretty cool, and take care of the "population issue" that Goblins and Gnomes supposedly would have. Blizzard would have to give each race their own unique tech though.

Tinkers make more sense if we look at the current itemization, but by the amount of times I've seen them mention Necromancy in the azerite quests from Island Expeditions I'd say the next class would be Necromancer.