Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    Even tho i dislike his persona i kinda understand it.

As someone who plays and likes quite a variety of games i have to ask: what is WoW's niche nowadays?
    What is really really awesome in WoW to play it over something else? what is unique to it?What is epic?
    The story
    The world
    The Art style
    The Gameplay (character animations, classes)
    The collections
    The raiding
    Dungeons
    My long-term Characters that carry so many memories

Now you'll need to ask the rest of the millions of people still playing and keeping the game alive.
    WoW's "niche" is what it's always been? It's an MMORPG with a cartoony art-style. It has more things to do as a non-raider these days than it did pre-MoP to boot, with a setback during WoD.

There are other MMORPGs, and surely there are people playing those that consider them the only viable choice for as many reasons as there are individual players.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-26 at 01:06 AM.

Asmon needs to seek help or stop playing wow ive seen some streams of his all he does is complain and watch YouTube videos in his stream if wow sucks so bad why stay sub and stream it. He needs to figure out another game or stfu for once we all have are options, if i think wow not great i unsub and not make a post about it or talk about a streamer if he wants to post his garbage that one thing but some dumb follower is sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The story
    The world
    The Art style
    The collections
    The raiding
    Dungeons
    My long-term Characters that carry so many memories

Now you'll need to ask the rest of the millions of people still playing and keeping the game alive.
    All other points I can understand....but story?! Holy shit.

WoW's lore and story is horrible. It's cheesy, immature and outright ridiculous for the most part.

You can't even mention Elder Scrolls Online or SWTOR in the same sentence with WoW when it comes to story. They are so much above and beyond. Even Guild Wars 2 is, even though it's quite cheesy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    The story
    The world
    The Art style
    The collections
    The raiding
    Dungeons

Raiding and dungeons, fine they are really good but not unique enough and not everyone can play that to the fullest.

Story is way better in other games for too many reasons.
    Art style is outdated, i would only say it ages better then most.
    I had to lol at gameplay, are you serious? the moment to moment gameplay of most activities is auto-win or completely boring, classes and animation are way better in other games, i would play a rts/moba/shooter/other rpgs over WoW for that any day.
    You can't be a completionist in WoW because of the many exclusives over time and you would have to pay several thousand $, really sucks imo since this could be a great thing in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

WoW's lore and story is horrible. It's cheesy, immature and outright ridiculous for the most part.
    I am aware of the pretentious crowd.

If I want something deeper, I won't even be playing a single-player RPG, I'll read a book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Come on, be fair. That's not an accurate reflection of his reality and an ugly stereotype.

It's his mother's attic.
    As much as I loathe Asmongold (and I really loathe Asmongold), I feel I must point out that while it may technically be his mother's attic, the [censored] bought the house for her, so it's not your typical failure-to-leave-the-nest thing there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Well to be fair, Blizzards story telling has always been that way. The only time their stories were interesting and slightly adult was in Diablo 1 and the first Starcraft (Maybe Diablo 2, I am torn on that). Warcraft has always relied heavily on cheesy dialogue and cliche storytelling.

But with that said, I enjoy it. It has a certain charm to it
    Last edited by mmocfb48d32508; 2018-11-26 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    17K viewers to 40K viewers? Viewers are not subscribers. Even if he has 50millions viewers, Blizzard is only interested in subscribers. The viewers watch because it is free.
    Someone doesn't understand what advertising is.

Like really, what kind of a brainlet are you to think businesses only care about their *current* customers and not *potential* customers? Why do you think any company makes and runs ads you fucking retard?

Blizzard having their games at the top of Twitch's game list is free advertising. It makes the game look popular and it makes people more likely to check it out. They don't have to pay anyone to do that, they just have to make sure the game is good enough that people stream it. Why do you think they talk about stream engagement in their investor earnings calls?
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2018-11-26 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    Raiding and dungeons, fine they are really good but not unique enough and not everyone can play that to the fullest.

Story is way better in other games for too many reasons.
    Art style is outdated, i would only say it ages better then most.
    I had to lol at gameplay, are you serious? the moment to moment gameplay of most activities is auto-win or completely boring, classes and animation are way better in other games.
    You can't be a completionist in WoW because of the many exclusives over time and you would have to play several thousand $, really sucks imo since this could be a great thing in WoW.
    The art style is not outdated if it ages better then most. That's why the art style lasts. And if you look at models/zones of today, you'll see quite the HD rendering.

Story? Subjective, YOU might like/care more about it in other games, but you don't decide over what I like/care about and seemingly, hold no sway over the millions of others neither.

You can "lol" all you like, no skin off my nose. I know why I love the game and if that one day changed, I would move on.
    There's not "many exclusives over time", you can be a completionist all you like in WoW, all comes down to what one cares about.

There is still fun in BfA the problem is that the wow secret finding discord isnt working hard enough to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The only time WoW even gets viewers is an expansion launch/lead up. All other times its in the dumpster.

Funny how Dota and League always maintain a steady viewership. Regardless of new content or not.

Regardless, what point are you trying to make? First you tried to attack him as a person. Now you're pathetically attempting to defend WoW twitch viewership numbers.
    Dota and league are pvp games are there any pve focused games that are up there?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Millions? Rofl.

The playerbase is in decline again. There wasn't this much hate and vitriol for the state of the game even in WoD and that lost 50% of the playerbase from 10 million to 5 million.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say BfA will halve the numbers again. MMOs are also in decline as a whole.

8.1 doesn't fix anything.

I give you all, a prime example of the crowd that seemingly hasn't been able to enjoy the game for oomph amount of years, yet still keep on coming back to force their ex-partner syndrome upon the rest of us.

If these people actually stayed away between all those months of "teh gaem sucks!!!", one could respect them somewhat. Alas...

The only time WoW even gets viewers is an expansion launch/lead up. All other times its in the dumpster.

Funny how Dota and League always maintain a steady viewership. Regardless of new content or not.

Regardless, what point are you trying to make? First you tried to attack him as a person. Now you're pathetically attempting to defend WoW twitch viewership numbers.
    If you had bothered to read the post you'd understand the point. And fast paced casual games get more views? There's a shocker. Got any other points of "great insight" there champ?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Millions? Rofl.

The playerbase is in decline again. There wasn't this much hate and vitriol for the state of the game even in WoD and that lost 50% of the playerbase from 10 million to 5 million.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say BfA will halve the numbers again. MMOs are also in decline as a whole.

8.1 doesn't fix anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhh okay. Now the type of game matters too.

Never mind the fact that WoW has both PvE and PvP. Let's just attempt to dissuade an argument with petty semantics.
    It does pve games are almost never in the top because there content is finite but pvp games are ongoing as long as a challenge exist.

Different genres sell more different numbers of copies and different sports have different viewership. Not at all player are just split among them because there are more options and wow isn't the overall best anymore. There were like 8 mainstream mmo when wow was at the top. Now it's in the 100's not even counting mobile mmos. Fornite also proves that a good game could potentially snatch everyone up for a while but ultimately every game has a ceiling and league hit it a couple months back. Fornite we'll eventually as well.

Wow does have pvp but blizzards never taken it seriously until bfa and it's still pretty shit honestly.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-11-26 at 01:20 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Moosensation View Post
    Asmon needs to seek help or stop playing wow ive seen some streams of his all he does is complain and watch YouTube videos in his stream if wow sucks so bad why stay sub and stream it. He needs to figure out another game or stfu for once we all have are options, if i think wow not great i unsub and not make a post about it or talk about a streamer if he wants to post his garbage that one thing but some dumb follower is sad.
    It's almost like it's his job or something.....

Also he didn't make the post about it, someone else did, why are you blaming him for something someone else did?
    Last edited by Excerion; 2018-11-26 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    It's kinda sad that the most interesting dungeon content idea Blizz has come up with in years is an April Fools joke.

Deleted
    The art style is not outdated if it ages better then most. That's why the art style lasts. And if you look at models/zones of today, you'll see quite the HD rendering.

Story? Subjective, YOU might like/care more about it in other games, but you don't decide over what I like/care about.

You can "lol" all you like, no skin off my nose. I know why I love the game and if that one day changed, I would move on.
    There's not "many exclusives over time", you can be a completionist all you like in WoW, all comes down to what one cares about.
    This kind of discussion and argumentation is completely pointless.
    Hyperbole, but someone could say they like eating sh*t every day and it's none of your business why they do

And looking at data, twitch and around me... i'd say more folks would agree with that there are better games to play.. it's cool that you have fun with that, more power to you, but a lot of players don't, and you can't always say: duuuh its burnout... they are playing the game wroooong!

Deleted

The Uldir WF race has been pretty successful from Method's stream standpoint (Sco getting almost 100k viewers tops). The MDI 1 and MDI 2 aswell. A french guild you have probably never heard about, with some popular multigaming streamers (Zerator, Sardoche, Lapi) had more than 20k viewers on average every raid.

Then maybe he needs to stop playing, because if he can't find something fun to do in a game with so many choices of fun stuff - then that's a problem with him. He has probably just played it too much.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It does pve games are almost never in the top because there content is finite but pvp games are ongoing as long as a challenge exist.

Different genres sell more different sports have different viewership. Not at all player are just split among them there are a lot more mmo than when wow was at the top. Fornite proves that a good game could potentially snatch everyone up for a while but ultimately every game has a ceiling and league hit there. Fornite we'll eventually as well.

Wow does have pvp but blizzards never taken it seriously until bfa and it's still pretty shit honestly.
    He and his ilk tend to overlook the fact that WoW even CAN be in top 3's.
    And then consider the attention (millions of views) given to new cinematics and such on Youtube. These people might be desperate for the game to be dead, but it's just humming along as per usual. It's been over 9 years now since I saw my first "this gaem is dying!"-post... I wonder how many more before they're actually allowed to finally be correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Excerion View Post
    It's almost like it's his job or something.....

Also he didn't make the post about it, someone else did, why are you blaming him for something someone else did?
    i guess you did not read all of my comment.......if he wants to post his garbage that one thing but some dumb follower is sad.