Poll: Should the players be "punished" for killing low level characters in the warmode?

Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

The warmode and the people ruining it

While in other topic people are discussing about the changes in warmode in 8.1., I made this topic,to find out what do you think about the players,who use the warmode to gank low levels for hours.

Recently I started to level my dark iron alt and decided to level him in the Duskwood. Now,before you start yelling "you have a warmode on,what did you expect?", I want to point out one important thing - It's understandable,that you will get killed in the warmode - once or twice,but when a 120 lvl is camping the area for hours,forcing people to bring their mains,gank him and in the minute they relog back,that guy is back and killing low levels,I think,that's quite pathetic. In the end,you are forced to stay online on your main to safeguard the zone instead of actually doing what you want - leveling an alt.

Eventually,it leads people to porting to Stormwind and turning the warmode off - what's the point of having the warmode enabled,if you end up at the graveyard in 10 seconds? And so,people who don't have 120 lvl characters,just port away,disable the warmode and never enable it again - which brings us to the situation,that is being discussed about the buffs for the least represented faction.

I understand,that the World PvP has never been "fair" - no and it won't, and I think,it's fine,when 120 lvl players make raids and raid zones - it's part of world PvP. But when such individuals,who got nothing to do,camp a low level zones for hours - well,that's just pathetic.

I think,that people like that druid should be "punished" - they should get debuffs or lose their honor points when they kill low level players. What do you think?
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-11-26 at 06:49 AM.

Yeah, even if you have Warmode toggled "on" it should be toggled "off" to any character 10 levels above yours...

Ganking is not PvP.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    War mode is fine, git gud. The people crying just never learned to pvp and show up for the bonus, WM is better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    War mode is fine, git gud. The people crying just never learned to pvp and show up for the bonus, WM is better off without them.
    Yea,not sure if your advice "get good" will be helpful for level 20 player who faces fully geared level 120.

If you dont like it while leveling then stop using it.

Clearly this is about someone wanting to use warmode cause of the XP bonus but doesnt want the draw backs like being ganked.

No, Blizz needs to configure server shards to optimize the situation. Level 120 chars shouldn't be coming into contact with people leveling. Either that, give everyone leveling 0-110 level 110 stats. I think if the game design were correct in the first place there's honestly no need to punish shitty behavior.

War Mode would have been the perfect opportunity to use sharding to sort through this recurring problem of lowbie ganking. No one in their right mind considers a 120 tearing through a lvl 1-110 actual PvP, or fun in any way. I'm not sure what the RP behind it is supposed to be, either, since it's independent of actual lore; it's not like there's a good reason you should be in a lvl 20 area and face a walking god 100 levels higher that can fart on lore characters and kill them. If anything, that's COUNTER to lore, and immersion-breaking.

But who knows, maybe being able to teabag some hapless nub is what keeps sub numbers going, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It's amazing how in every thread discussing issues with war mode, there are people who completely disregard them and just say "git gud". How exactly does a level 20 git gud against a 120?

War mode is not fine, there's a reason Blizzard needs to add a buff just to get people to enter it, and now the populations are so skewed theres barely any actual pvp happening in the PVP mode.

If a high level tries to kill you more than once or twice, they should be punished. It's a pvp server, it happens every now and then when high levels are passing by, but being on a pvp server isn't an excuse for griefing and specifically hunting people who have absolutely no chance of fighting back.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-11-26 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post

Clearly this is about someone wanting to use warmode cause of the XP bonus but doesnt want the draw backs like being ganked.
    Maybe he enjoys PvP against other players around his own level? Like I said before, Warmode should be auto disabled for players more than 10 levels below you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post

Getting ganked is fine and fun when you can fight back and have a chance to at least do something. Getting killed over and over by someone 6 times your level though? C'mon people. Being on a pvp shard isn't an excuse for griefing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's just as unfun and unfair when you first ding 120 and face people with 3x your health, but that's just part of the game. No point in getting too worked up about it. Even if you're getting camped, there are three zones and lots of side quests to level in, so you can just go somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree 100%. Warmode should be fun, not a constant harassment. A dude ganking a level 20 player endlessly is just ensuring that warmode is never going to be used again, nobody likes to waste time being killed repeatedly.
    The only ones that I see in favor of this terrible behaviour are usually the ones that employ it. Also lel at their posts.

Those guys: git gud, your fault that your level 20 cannot beat a 120, quit whining and be a man

Also those guys: "New thread: why world PvP is dead and why it's everyone else's fault but mine"

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    While in other topic people are discussing about the changes in warmode in 8.1., I made this topic,to find out what do you think about the players,who use the warmode to gank low levels for hours.

Recently I started to level my dark iron alt and decided to level him in the Duskwood. Now,before you start yelling "you have a warmode on,what did you expect?", I want to point out one important thing - It's understandable,that you will get killed in the warmode - once or twice,but when a 120 lvl is camping the area for hours,forcing people to bring their mains,gank him and in the minute they relog back,that guy is back and killing low levels,I think,that's quite pathetic. In the end,you are forced to stay online on your main to safeguard the zone instead of actually doing what you want - leveling an alt.

Eventually,it leads people to porting to Stormwind and turning the warmode off - what's the point of having the warmode enabled,if you end up at the graveyard in 10 seconds? And so,people who don't have 120 lvl characters,just port away,disable the warmode and never enable it again - which brings us to the situation,that is being discussed about the buffs for the least represented faction.

I understand,that the World PvP has never been "fair" - no and it won't, and I think,it's fine,when 120 lvl players make raids and raid zones - it's part of world PvP. But when such individuals,who got nothing to do,camp a low level zones for hours - well,that's just pathetic.

I think,that people like that druid should be "punished" - they should get debuffs or lose their honor points when they kill low level players. What do you think?
    i disagree - people turning on warmode should be ready for what is coming

dont like being ganked play without it.

I get it if it was like in the old days not knowing what PVP exactly entails (and getting stuck on a shitty 90-10% ratio server) but having the option to toggle off... why the crying? Disable it if you can't play like that. Its your CHOICE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I get it if it was like in the old days not knowing what PVP exactly entails (and getting stuck on a shitty 90-10% ratio server) but having the option to toggle off... why the crying? Disable it if you can't play like that. Its your CHOICE.
    Can you do anything on a level 20 while being camped by a 120? Getting killed once or twice isn't a problem, it happens, but pvp shards are no excuse for griefing, which is what the OP has an issue with.

People enjoying pvp against people enjoying the total absence of competition and risk.
    Gray killer should be the ones without warmode actually. Those are the ones who don't fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, am I the only one thinking that the OP could've just quested in another zone until the douchebag left?

No one likes griefing, but WM is a choice, and these days so is your leveling zone. Or do you mean to imply that every zone in your level range was camped?
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I don't want to disable it. I'm up for the PvP - even against the people,who are 10 levels higher than me - but shit,not against a scrub,who is too bad to fight the other 120 lvl people,so he comes to the low level zone and ganks those players,who can't do anything against them. Really makes you think,that those are the people,who are bullied in the real life,so they log in the game and try to bully the others - the only place they feel "powerful" up until the moment a proper 120 comes and sends him to the spirit healer.

Hmm, I don't think this behaviour has anything do with warmode. This happened on PvP servers long before warmode was a thing, probably since day one of WoW. It was never addressed back then (it's debatable if it should be) so don't expect it to be addressed now. The answer was don't play on a PvP server if you don't like it, so answer now will be don't turn on warmode if you don't like it.

The real issue is why are you compelled to turn it on, if you don't like the potential outcomes that choice has. Are rewards to great to ignore? I very much doubt this, pretty sure the advantage warmode gives you means fuck all. So don't turn it on if you don't want to get ganked and then camped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I mean, am I the only one thinking that the OP could've just quested in another zone until the douchebag left?

No one likes griefing, but WM is a choice, and these days so is your leveling zone. Or do you mean to imply that every zone in your level range was camped?
    Why the heck should I run and hide and give up on the quest chain I recently started only because some person is too afraid to join the actual PvP in Zuldazar or Kul Tiras? I just gave you a description of a specific situation and I bet,that there're thousands of similar situations in WoW every single day. What I described is one of the major issues why Horde players are compaining about the lack of Alliance players,who want to take part in the World PvP.