7+ Year Old Account

Cyber monday build

Hello PC enthusiasts,

Now I live in the Netherlands and the sales aren't outrageous with high discount rates but I waited just in case.
    So a little information before we start exploring our options. I'm a gamer, no video editing(yet, I'm a bit interested though) and basic college stuff. The games I play range from FPS to MMO to MOBA and I play on a 144hz 1080p monitor. I'm also that guy who likes RGB, no rainbow overload but a nice lighting profile looks sick. I use tweakers.net for easy acces to dutch retailers and prices, but for linking purposes I'll include a pcpartpicker link.

So I'm leaning towards the latest i5-9600k processor because I'm mostly just a gamer and the off chance of me getting into some serious editing isn't worth the money right now I think. I've also never used AMD so I guess I'm a bit of a intel fanboy.

Then for the graphics card I was thinking of getting a 2070, with a decent overclock it should be good for the next couple of years. The 2080 or 2080ti don't give as much bang for your buck and I don't really trust buying a second hand 1080ti. So a 2070 seems like the best option.
    Now I am leaning towards the MSI 2070 gaming z This is one of the more expensive 2070's but I always been a fan of MSI gpu's because they're fast and silent, also I want some nice rgb options within the case if possible. And I love the fact that MSI ditched the red cards and went with a more neutral look for more build color options.

For cooling I was thinking of getting either a NZXT kraken x62 or a NZXT kraken x72 The cooling seems to be very good and the block itself is gorgeous in my opinion.

For motherboards I'm all open for suggestions I was thinking of a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro It looks good( the best looking z390 bord at an affordable range in my opinion) and has a good set of features but I'm a bit iffy on the bios since I've heard it wasn't great, but if you guys have better recommendations then I'll gladly take a look.

As for the case I was thinking of a Phanteks Enthoo evolv X For me this is currently the best looking case by far and has some really nice ease of use features, although its very heavy in both price and weight.

For storage I was thinking of a Adata XPG SX8200 480GB I'm not one who uses a lot of storage space and I also have a external SSD almost always on me to go from work/college to home so stuff like games that I don't use or play at that moment I can just transfer when needed.

For ram I was thinking of getting like 16gb since that seems to be the mainstream for gaming, I love the look of G.Skill Trident Z
    but I heard the software for the RGB was weak so again I'm open for suggestions.

So I'm open for suggestions on anything, here's the partpicker link. In terms of budget I'll never go above 2k and preferably I end up a bit lower, right now its around 1700 euros without a PSU. I don't really know much about PSU's and which brands are considered good or bad, my last one I picked has worked fine and I feel it doesn't really have that much impact on the build except for of course delivering the required power.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can help me out a bit since I'm no expert, just a above average PC user.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2018-11-26 at 04:02 PM.

There isnt anything to add when you are going for looks (RGBness) and you have the money.

The things to disagree at are basically..

The 100 euro extra not needed if you arent OCing to 5.0Ghz or above because x62 is an overkill (But RGBness so acceptable?).

And going M2 for no reason, just get a 1TB 860 EVO really, fits your budget, or get both if you scrap the x62 to a non-overkill cooler.

Like..If i wasnt OCing i would simply get a decent ~50$ cooler, get a 500GB SSD which they go for 70e right now, put all that extra money and whatever left for a 2080.

The M2 for daily usage is irrelevant, its literally just bragging rights.

A x62 is complete overkill especially in a country where the ambient temperatures even at summer are low, sure instead of 60C at full load during your "summer" you will have 55C with the x62.

A 2080, even if they are overpriced (Agreed on that) they are still averagely 20% ahead of a 2070, which means higher settings for another year which is actual gaming improvement.

Then again,its my opinion for the complete benefit for the money, not how cool my tower looks :P
    Last edited by potis; 2018-11-26 at 05:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    There isnt anything to add when you are going for looks (RGBness) and you have the money.

The things to disagree at are basically..

The 100 euro extra not needed if you arent OCing to 5.0Ghz or above because x62 is an overkill (But RGBness so acceptable?).

And going M2 for no reason, just get a 1TB 860 EVO really, fits your budget, or get both if you scrap the x62 to a non-overkill cooler.

Like..If i wasnt OCing i would simply get a decent ~50$ cooler, get a 500GB SSD which they go for 70e right now, put all that extra money and whatever left for a 2080.

The M2 for daily usage is irrelevant, its literally just bragging rights.

A x62 is complete overkill especially in a country where the ambient temperatures even at summer are low, sure instead of 60C at full load during your "summer" you will have 55C with the x62.

A 2080, even if they are overpriced (Agreed on that) they are still averagely 20% ahead of a 2070, which means higher settings for another year which is actual gaming improvement.

Then again,its my opinion for the complete benefit for the money, not how cool my tower looks :P
    Yeah I'm a bit weird and like to sort off show off my build. You're probably right on the ssd part though.
    I will overclock both cpu and gpu and my pc is on the top floor and get's really hot during the summers(80-85 degrees is no abnormality.) But the case and probably most of the stuff is kind of for the aesthetics Idk I have a big open floor at the top of my house and I feel like a cool pc build ads a bit to the room. But yeah it's a bit of wasted money in terms of performance. I might buy a 2080 but that's 200-300 more.