Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Well, goodbye then. Probably a lot of other people would play PVP if it was fair. And if it even opened in low level again. Wth 12 level brackets it currently does not open anymore in the realm pool i play, and a combination of the level brackets would solve that problem.

Also, you still had rated pvp where stats would matter. Play that. If you want to dominate lowbies, either in ilvl or level, you should not call what you want to play pvp, but ganking.

And ganking should neither be honored nor be the only valid gamestyle in a MMORPG pvp gameplay.

You should get rewards for everything you do in world of warcraft, which includes gear which makes you stronger in the open world. Limiting good rewards to organized group players only is what brought us to the current state of the game.

As i said, customization still would matter outside of matchmade pvp.

There is no need for stats in matchmade pvp, it is detrimental to playing pvp with matchmade groups as it gives those with better gear an advantage. Which is unbearable in a pvp which is based on random groups, random ilevels and a range of player levels between 10 and 120.
    We tried fair pvp in legion and it was boring. Casual bgs should be casual and fun save the try hard mode for ranked play. Destiny 2 tried the same-thing and its pvp community tanked there needs to a be a fun mode.

Add a solo queue function so people who want fair and balanced pvp can spam it for rating while leaving casual bgs for fun.

I want stats to matter in casual battlegrounds as well. It does add something it's called customization also getting gear is easier than ever before. They need baseline damage reduction to shrink the gap between players than. I don't want to dominate lowbies. I've ran bgs in 60 gear at level 85-90 because I was bored. I like gear mattering because it adds fun and beating someone that outgears you is rewarding. I agree with keeping it out of ranked for sure but let random battlegrounds be fun. Implement a baseline damage reduction system to make sure the advantage does not grow to large keep it between 5%-10%. Don't pull a destiny 2 where the only mode is sweating try hard or poke meta.

I'm saying regardless of what you do the reward should be based on performance and repeatable. You can't make a game more team based than fail to change the reward system. It's one of the things that annoyed me about later season of league of legends. They kept making the game more team based and shrinking my impact but still based the game on winning. While admitting htey're actually actively trying to make my chances of win less likely. Which is what wow is currently doing.

In catacylsm I ran around in high warlord gear and killed full geared out arena players between 0-1800 for fun. It's not gear that makes it unwinnable its shit game design. Every can do or use any ability in there kit when they want and they have a panic button for every situation that's the problem. I could stay out of a warriors charge and just kite them to death on my hunter or mage while only having to trinket for fear. I could beat a hunter by standing on his face so he couldn't attack.

I could shit on a mage by fucking up all his deep freezes combos because there damage outside of it was trash. Everyone had situation where they were worthless when they played poorly stuff like that needs to comeback. Pooling resource and not doing whatever fuck you want because you hit the button needs to be a thing again.

They need to bring back snap shotting and other mechanics that put a gap between players and frontload the effects of gear onto mechanics like that.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2018-12-08 at 10:40 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

It is very simple, very few people level only nubs. Why change it up for the few new players, I haven't leveled in 8 years other than for the expansion we are in.

The Insane
    Everytime I see the thread resurface again I think "the thread title BADLY needs fixed".

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Casual bgs should be casual and fun save the try hard mode for ranked play.
    I've never seen this work ever. When you divide up an activity between casual and hard mode, it just causes more stress as people naturally want to define play on their own. Participation falls.
    Koko's D2 Normal untwinked Bowazon walkthrough (In case of D2 remaster at Blizzcon!) 22/36 mage towers: 2/3 warrior (prot, fury), 1/3 mage (fire), 2/3 priest (disc, shadow), 2/3 hunter (BM, surv), 2/3 pally (prot, ret), 2/3 shaman (enhance, ele), 2/3 druid (guardian, feral), 3/3 lock, 2/2 DH, 2/3 DK (frost, unholy), 1/3 monk (ww), 1/3 rogue (outlaw)

Id be happy if they just gave alternative xp for other things, because right now doing anything but questing is inefficent, and doing 120 levels of questing is horrendous, its nice that during bfa levlling you can do island expeditions as an alternative.

Dungeons, old raids, brawlers/magetower, professions, bgs, battlepets all should give xp rates similar to questing, tbh dungeons should give more seeing sa they require grouping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've never seen this work ever. When you divide up an activity between casual and hard mode, it just causes more stress as people naturally want to define play on their own. Participation falls.
    It worked during vanilla, tbc, wotlk though and pvp was more active. In those expansion gear mattered more but more people played pvp.

It's also currently working in destiny 2 when it was try hard mode only the game was on life support. Destiny 2 was on life support until they lowered ttk and add more customization to weapons.

League does the samething there thousand of unviable builds that people play on that game everyday. You can also choose to go the ranked route and follow the meta or do what you want.

Can you give an example of a game that died for the reason I suggested.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2018-12-08 at 11:01 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

This is exactly why I'm looking forward to Classic: the levelling experience. Sure I might get bored after one char but I can't wait. Levelling a char now is pathetic you end up doing 15 levels per zone.

We tried fair pvp in legion and it was boring.
    Actually, blizzard never tried fair pvp, not even in legion, as gear still influenced your performance. It should not in matchmade battlegrounds. I remember how ilevel 1000 boe and legendary items equipped level 101 twinkers killed everything in late matchmade battlegrounds in legion, based on the fact their ilevel catapulted them to be overpowered. Twinkers should have no place in matchmade content. And neither was legion fair, nor did gear not matter. That was just something the devs talked about to bring people back. They never really tried. They implemented the stat table system badly, to pretend it does not work at all. Thats their trick. They do same with LFR not being fun.

Casual bgs should be casual and fun save the try hard mode for ranked play. Destiny 2 tried the same-thing and its pvp community tanked there needs to a be a fun mode.
    But it is no fun for casual pvp players to get permaganked by mythic raiders or twinkers. How do you get that impression?

Add a solo queue function so people who want fair and balanced pvp can spam it for rating while leaving casual bgs for fun.
    To see random groups being permaganked by organized pvp guilds? No, not really. Thats the same failed design philosophy as we see in World pvp.

I want stats to matter in casual battlegrounds as well. It does add something it's called customization also getting gear is easier than ever before. They need baseline damage reduction to shrink the gap between players than. I don't want to dominate lowbies. I've ran bgs in 60 gear at level 85-90 because I was bored. I like gear mattering because it adds fun and beating someone that outgears you is rewarding. I agree with keeping it out of ranked for sure but let random battlegrounds be fun.
    But the truth is that better geared just gank worse geared, and worse geared have no chance. And yes, you obviously want to gank players. Am i right if i asume you played pvp twinks in the past?

Implement a baseline damage reduction system to make sure the advantage does not grow to large keep it between 5%-10%. Don't pull a destiny 2 where the only mode is sweating try hard or poke meta.
    Absolutely the contrary: Make a system which does not include bonuses from gear stats at all to make the gameplay fair. Then, and only then, you will adress casual gamers to play matchmade or even rated PVP.

I'm saying regardless of what you do the reward should be based on performance and repeatable. You can't make a game more team based than fail to change the reward system.
    Oh, you can. And Blizzard should. They should give the best gear to people who play most, and not to those who play best only. And you should get gear from time gated reward schedules. While all three should have the same result.. Happy players being geared with great rewards.

It's one of the things that annoyed me about later season of league of legends. They kept making the game more team based and shrinking my impact but still based the game on winning. While admitting htey're actually actively trying to make my chances of win less likely. Which is what wow is currently doing.
    You also had the chance to win in a fair pvp system. And if you want all those super gear bonuses having effect, find a pvp guild to do rated pvp.

In catacylsm I ran around in high warlord gear and killed full geared out arena players between 0-1800 for fun. It's not gear that makes it unwinnable its shit game design. Every can do or use any ability in there kit when they want and they have a panic button for every situation that's the problem. I could stay out of a warriors charge and just kite them to death on my hunter or mage while only having to trinket for fear. I could beat a hunter by standing on his face so he couldn't attack.
    Only if the hunter used no traps, but that just as a side note. There were good hunters and bad hunters. Hunters not using Wingclip or traps always died.

They need to bring back snap shotting and other mechanics that put a gap between players and frontload the effects of gear onto mechanics like that.
    They just need to seperate what competetive players want from what casual players want. Competetive players want gear mattering. So add that to rated battlegrounds. Casual gamers want fair pvp where your gear ilevel does not matter. So make that true for matchmade battlegrounds. It just needs different mechanics for different folks.

Same goes for raids. LFR should be completely different than organized raids, based on the complete different group composition tools and settings.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2018-12-08 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Actually, blizzard never tried fair pvp, not even in legion, as gear still influenced your performance. It should not in matchmade battlegrounds. I remember how ilevel 1000 boe and legendary items equipped level 101 twinkers killed everything in late matchmade battlegrounds in legion, based on the fact their ilevel catapulted them to be overpowered. Twinkers should have no place in matchmade content. And neither was legion fair, nor did gear not matter. That was just something the devs talked about to bring people back. They never really tried. They implemented the stat table system badly, to pretend it does not work at all. Thats their trick. They do same with LFR not being fun.

But it is no fun for casual pvp players to get permaganked by mythic raiders or twinkers. How do you get that impression?

To see random groups being permaganked by organized pvp guilds? No, not really. Thats the same failed design philosophy as we see in World pvp.

But the truth is that better geared just gank worse geared, and worse geared have no chance. And yes, you obviously want to gank players. Am i right if i asume you played pvp twinks in the past?

Absolutely the contrary: Make a system which does not include bonuses from gear stats at all to make the gameplay fair. Then, and only then, you will adress casual gamers to play matchmade or even rated PVP.

Oh, you can. And Blizzard should. They should give the best gear to people who play most, and not to those who play best only. And you should get gear from time gated reward schedules. While all three should have the same result.. Happy players being geared with great rewards.

You also had the chance to win in a fair pvp system. And if you want all those super gear bonuses having effect, find a pvp guild to do rated pvp.

Only if the hunter used no traps, but that just as a side note. There were good hunters and bad hunters. Hunters not using Wingclip or traps always died.

They just need to seperate what competetive players want from what casual players want. Competetive players want gear mattering. So add that to rated battlegrounds. Casual gamers want fair pvp where your gear ilevel does not matter. So make that true for matchmade battlegrounds. It just needs different mechanics for different folks.

Same goes for raids. LFR should be completely different than organized raids, based on the complete different group composition tools and settings.
    By allowing a massive skill difference between players again.

Not really there was a 5% difference between people with gear but the gutted everything else that separate players like snapshotting. If gear and customization don't exist then you create a world where the better team wins but when people are queued randomly that's not fair either. Twinker should as long as what they do has counterplay. It honestly didn't by very much at all. Once again good players could hit 2200 than and now with pretty bad gear.

There are solo queues currently that hit 2200 in rated battlegrounds...

If you remove customization, gear, and skill than the better team wins but even that passed out randomly. Which we'll push people away from the game. 10 minutes queues combined with a lack of indivisual impact is a great way to keep your game gaining players just ask riot recently after the changes they made. When a ton of pros and players exited the game. Why spend 20 minutes playing Russian roulette on wow when pubg and fortnite exist and can be played solo.

They should reward gear based on skill with a plateau of course you don't deserve good gear just for playing. You can spell reflect traps and wing clip was only 50 percent just like hamstring. Cone of cold and chain of ice were 70% slows, I can also dispel master call and deep free than frost bolt to stop it. There were a ton of counters to trap.

Rogues could vanish, cloak of shadow, or vanish disarm trap. In wotlk they could vanish traps with good timing.

Warriors could spell reflect traps or fear the hunter if he had trinket.

Mages can Iceblock it or use there pet to eat it.

Hunters can have there pets eat it. Balance druids can have treants eat the traps.

Shaman pets can eat the trap, or use grounding totem.

I don't need to explain the rest of the classe the have literal immunites.

I want gear stats mattering in casual pvp but I want item level to matter the least. They don't destiny 2 is a great example gear matters now and pvp is thiriving back when it mattered less the game was dead. Same for league they went full esport mode and ignored solo queue than starting losing players for the first time. When you remove those things the only thing that matters is team work but thats randomize or it requires you to play with friends which mean queue less.

I don't twink to lazy but I enjoy beating people with better gear than me. I smurf but don't twink if that makes sense because I've pvped to level alts.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2018-12-08 at 12:17 PM.

So, to summarize, the majority of the original game is skipped which is a real shame
    Nothing beats the thrill and immersion of having to kill 8 birds and collect 20 feathers for some NPC for the 5th time. We need this experience to be enhanced and enforced across the entirety of the leveling process.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I finally stopped leveling around 25th alts to 120. It was pure brutal and not fun but i finished my goals where i want it to be.
    I hope you multibox.

I plan to have 24 level 120 characters by the end of BfA, aka all 12 different classes in each faction. I would never achieve this if i didnt multibox. My sanity wouldnt allow it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Okay, quickly:

1) The number of levels DOES matter, and I explain why. Multiple times.

2) Timewalking isn't a good idea, in my view, because that limits when players can access old content such as Wrath or Mists - that's not what anyone wants.

3) Read why it's a problem, and try to understand it. Compared to professions that had specializations until Wrath (where it was heavily deadened), it's absolutely miles behind; even the Legion upgrades have been binned in this daft expansion.

4) The idea is to make the heirlooms roughly the same, but reducing the numbers is purely to appreciate the lower number of levels.

5) It really isn't. It does practically nothing meaningful, particularly if your upgrade is one of your heirloom pieces.

The advantages in 6) and 7) are explained, obvious, and stop anyone from losing anything. They're easy wins. NOT doing them is because you imagine yourself as a designer who couldn't be arsed doing a really small job.
    1) No, levels don't matter. Total exp (really, total time to level) is what matters. If it takes you 32 hours to go from 1 to 60 or 1 to 120 or 1 to 180, the number of levels don't matter, it's still 32 hours of leveling. The extra levels along the way don't hinder your progress.

2) It's fine, really, because you can do the old versions any time and just get scaled down when it's the flavor of the week.

3) The only problem is the reduced investment in professions will encourage rapid switching in future expansions but that's something Blizzard needs to concern themselves with.

4) Really, I don't think you understand the idea of experience vs levels. Right now with 50% more exp from heirlooms (instead of 10%) you gain 1.5x the amount of experience and level 1.5x faster. If you reduce that to 10%, you level 1.1x faster. Comparatively, it requires 67% of the total experience for 1-110 vs 91% of the total experience with your change. Since heirlooms aren't gated behind anything but gold (for most) I'd consider that a negative change to leveling overall unless experience was nerfed even more. Again, this has to do with your inability to comprehend the difference between total experience and total levels.

5) It actually can be and I've had it be useful in more than one occasion rather than getting the same old green item.

6) If anything, make the BGs that don't have a rep contribute to all PvP reps on a win or loss. (More on a win, obviously.)

7) Achievements are optional, there's no reason to change them.

I want stats to matter in casual battlegrounds as well. It does add something it's called customization also getting gear is easier than ever before.
    Have you ever played GW2s rated PVP? Everyone has access to the same level of gear. What gear does instead of letting players overpower through raw stats, it adds customization to playstyle. You can go with a heavy direct damage build, or a DoT build. You can choose defense over offense and vice-a-versa. You can customize your build to buff and support, or to be a striker.

But no one will ever be stronger than you simply because you have worse gear. EVERYONE has access to the exact same gear. It's very similar to how Blizzard runs tournament realms, although much better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Have you ever played GW2s rated PVP? Everyone has access to the same level of gear. What gear does instead of letting players overpower through raw stats, it adds customization to playstyle. You can go with a heavy direct damage build, or a DoT build. You can choose defense over offense and vice-a-versa. You can customize your build to buff and support, or to be a striker.

But no one will ever be stronger than you simply because you have worse gear. EVERYONE has access to the exact same gear. It's very similar to how Blizzard runs tournament realms, although much better, IMO.
    Its not overpowering, I want item level not to matter but secondary stats to matter. Item level is whats cancer not secondary stats.I want to be able to pick my trinkets andd secondary stats for customization reason. I want item level and character level to matter less. I still want low level pvp though its fun. It was fun I use to run around in greys and beat twinks for fun back in earlier expansion but the games been so dumbed down, I just can't anymore.

Its not overpowering, I want item level not to matter but secondary stats to matter. Item level is whats cancer not secondary stats.I want to be able to pick my trinkets andd secondary stats for customization reason. I want item level and character level to matter less. I still want low level pvp though its fun. It was fun I use to run around in greys and beat twinks for fun back in earlier expansion but the games been so dumbed down, I just can't anymore.
    I guess my point was sort of what you're describing: Gear should be a tool to customize your playstyle, not a vehicle to overwhelm your opponents with raw stats.

And that should apply no matter what level of the game you're playing at. Whether level 20 or 120.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I guess my point was sort of what you're describing: Gear should be a tool to customize your playstyle, not a vehicle to overwhelm your opponents with raw stats.

And that should apply no matter what level of the game you're playing at. Whether level 20 or 120.
    I know I just want my customization. I also don't mind a gear advantage as long as skill matters more which it did in prievious expansion. It stopped in warlords. I've beaten gladiator mages as a hunter at 85 while they were level 90.

I still want low level pvp though because its fun from time to time.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2018-12-10 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I hope you multibox.

I plan to have 24 level 120 characters by the end of BfA, aka all 12 different classes in each faction. I would never achieve this if i didnt multibox. My sanity wouldnt allow it lol
    I didn't muitibox, i have zero knowledge of doing that. Haha, Yeah i'm taking a break till 8.1 patch and maybe resurface to see what's up and process to unsubbed. Honestly, i do not like where bfa is going... Though i am enjoying different game atm than bfa.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2018-12-10 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    No one is reading that wall of text. Find a way to express yourself succinctly or keep pretending to be surprised, whichever you prefer.
    Those who won't read it, shouldn't comment on it. You're simply showing an utter lack of experience when you make that choice, and you calmly earn the ignorance you earn as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    They should fix current max level content before they touch the leveling experience. :P
    I suspect the two are more linled then most think.

I for one feel like they need to add MORE to leveling. Bring back old skills and some new ones, bring back talent points even if just for stuff like maybe extra run speed or higher chance of finding items.. even if not pure power it would give us something to look forward too.

I also feel like they need to consider an AA system akin to diablo 3 or ESOs that can apply as account wide to alts as well..hell maybe replace the heirloom xp bonus with qn xp bonus trait in the new systems

This would also offer new skills and ways to customize at level cap