Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    You just hit whichever button is glowing
    Frost dk in one sentence.

It is pretty dull and Breath of Sindragosa is annoying to play

Would be less boring if using a 2H was an actual option. At least I'd look like a Death Knight

I also would have no problem playing DK as frost if 2H was still in the game. I love DK but I just don't feel 2x 1H is the way to go for them. And UH is just.. not for me.

It's not the most exciting, but it used to be more boring.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

5+ Year Old Account
    BfA Frost feels like all the bits I hated about the BoS build in Nighthold without any of the toolkit or functionality to make it work like it did in Nighthold.

It's rare I accuse Blizzard of outright incompetence, but how in the hell they thought putting back together the build they purposely broke in Tomb without any of the underlying framework that MADE it work and shipping it to live is absolutely beyond me. Doesn't help that Frost really feels that GCD change.

I'm going Shadow in Dazar'alor. I've done that before, but I've always keep my DK geared when that happens, or vice versa when I'm maining my DK. This will be the first time I've ever straight up shelved him, and I really hate that.

I shelved my DK main of 8 years for BfA. With no blood DPS, no 2h frost, and a BoS-only game play without the talents that made BoS in Nighthold tolerable, there is nothing redeeming left about DK's.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM Hunters exist. Arcane Mage exists. Ret Pala exists. Just saying.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

It's kinda fun in M+ with big pack pulls but its on a 3 minute window. With Frozen tempest and frostwhelp traits and stacking mastery it can destroy trash packs but it can be pretty dull outside of the breath and frostwyrm's fury windows.

Obliterate/Glacial Advance is also a fun build but I feel like I'm drowning in resources trying to weave in KM frostscythe, glacial advance and rime procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axial View Post
    I also would have no problem playing DK as frost if 2H was still in the game. I love DK but I just don't feel 2x 1H is the way to go for them. And UH is just.. not for me.
    What difference would it make really other than looks? They could allow 2H frost right now and make it still play the exact same. Granted I prefer the 2H look myself, it's still the gameplay that ultimately bugs me.

Chains of Ice is fine, BoS is annoying and Frostwyrms fury is not my preference over GS.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Frost was a thinking man's spec back in wrath and has been a face roll spec since mid cata.
    Good times. When 2h frost in PvP was fun and dual wield frost was fine. When you could tank as dual wielding frost. So many options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    BM Hunters exist. Arcane Mage exists. Ret Pala exists. Just saying.
    BM hunter is way better than it was in Legion,but yes,it's not the most challenging spec and has never been one.

Have you played ret paladin? It's never been the most exciting but the BFA class design is bonkers boring. I've mained a paladin since Vanilla, and mained ret since the Burning Crusade pre-patch, and I've never been so bored out of my mind.

I've been playing a few of the specs in BFA and quite frankly I'm more curious who are the exciting DPS specs?

One could argue Frost is bottom of the barrel, but it's not by much...

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What difference would it make really other than looks? They could allow 2H frost right now and make it still play the exact same. Granted I prefer the 2H look myself, it's still the gameplay that ultimately bugs me.

Chains of Ice is fine, BoS is annoying and Frostwyrms fury is not my preference over GS.
    Looks mean... well quite a lot. It's one of the reasons I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluvium View Post
    This is how I'm starting to feel with my Shaman.
    The thing is, keeping good/perfect uptime on the Fire and Ice debuffs _should_ be rewarding, but just IS NOT. Makes almost no difference that I can see. Also the SS cleave damage is noodle-ish.

So Enhance isn't boring per se, but it is very unrewarding (IMO, ofcourse).

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    BM has it beat imo
    Really tired of seeing this. I tried BM for the first time in BFA and tbh its harder to effectively maximize your DPS with than most of the other specs (I have 9 120's that I have put effort into learning the ins and outs of each spec on, for reference)

Having several buffs with finite means of keeping them up along with being gcd locked, having to balance maintenance spells -mend pet, bestial wrath which now eats a gcd, aspect of the wild eats a gcd, barbed shot which requires 3 stacks of at all times for max dps 9 second buff 10 second cooldown- and damage output- kill command, cobra shot to do damage and get kill command back, chimera shot for split target damage and focus regen, multi shot for damage and keeping beast cleave up which is a 4 second window, increases dps immensely but only when properly stacked with all the other buffs- its actually one of the most frenetic and fun specs to play right now.

Yes, if you want to be a middle of the road BM hunter, you dont have to do that much. Hit barbed shot on CD or when it glows, kill command on CD, bestial wrath on CD.

However if you want to be a top tier BM hunter it takes all the usual tricks along with a complex plate spinning, ability-proccing and cooldown reduction based rotation that is really quite engaging.

Easy to learn hard to master, which is why its one of my favorite specs in the game right now, one of the few that doesnt feel 100% gutted by BFA overhaul and GCD changes(though it would be a good bit of an easier spec if some things were off gcd, admittedly.) The talents are good, abilities have great interplay, good utility, and very fast paced, gcd locked spec. I know this will probably get some shitty responses, but I encourage you to at least give the spec another go before blasting it all the time. Arcane mage, frost dk, moonkin and others are all significantly easier right now.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 2019-01-25 at 07:56 PM.

DK is in the worst state since it was released and thats so sad because i think the devs have no idea what to change or how to change the class.

I have an equally geared rogue and when i switch between the chars i feel like im perma slowed on my DK, rotation wise and movement wise. Im even pulling more dmg on my rogue which have lower neck ilvl and 1 370 dagger.

And the worst part is that i doubt they will change anything until the next expansion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh been playing Frost since WotLK (had a DW frost tank) and I miss having the option to go 2h frost but I've found a way to have fun with the spec this xpac. I've just been using Obliteration instead of BoS. Need to mess with me spec a bit though now that I think about it... Anyhow I'm not doing anything serious so it's not a huge concern that I do a bit less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Axial View Post
    Looks mean... well quite a lot. It's one of the reasons I play.
    Hmm ok. Looks have a factor but I don't look at my character often enough during a raid encounter. Unless it changes how the spec is played, would still be the same rotation and numbers regardless of what I'm wielding.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    DK is in the worst state since it was released and thats so sad because i think the devs have no idea what to change or how to change the class.
    I think they absolutely do have a lot of ideas on what to change, but they have no allocated budget for class changes. So all anyone gets is number tweaks. Someone up the chain of command decided that class design wasn't worth spending development resources on.

If I had to guess - the engineers required to change or create new abilities, have been allocated to different projects - possibly Classic which is going to require a ton of class ability work.

I quit Legion due to DKs class design being bad, and if I hadn't quit BfA due to the abominable state of the expansion as a whole (story, content, features, boring itemization, very slow update schedule, etc.) I would have quit due to class design once again.

It's a travesty that they can get away with simply abandoning any meaningful changes to class mechanics.