Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Entire raids of purple+ are perfectly acceptable, and more than doing their jobs. Not every guild is top tier, constantly pushing orange/gold parses.

The point of the comment was that saying their ret is close or topping meters while also showing the rest of their guild isn't full of bad players.

Also, I don't get where all this downtime people complaining about is. I get it every so often, but constantly? Nope.

Use Inquisition to tighten the gaps if your haste is that low that you're constantly having massive downtime.

Honestly, in terms of buffs, they need to buff aoe a bit more. The DS buff is nice, but it's not enough. Make WoA baseline and add another aoe talent to that row, so that we can actually choose something else in that row.
    You do know that inquisition and or haste does not do anything about your downtime right? Because where your abilities get a lower CD your GCD will go down as well. Even with inquisition and ~1700 haste in Uldir you still have 3-4 second gaps in your rotation
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yep. Blizzard did a bad job there. Monks need a nerf.

If you want to consistently be in the top part of the dps meters throughout every tier of every expansion then Rogue, Mage, Warlock and Hunter are there for you.
    Let's not pretend that's for any more reason than they have 3 DPS specs so chances are high that one wouldn't be trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Honestly, in terms of buffs, they need to buff aoe a bit more. The DS buff is nice, but it's not enough. Make WoA baseline and add another aoe talent to that row, so that we can actually choose something else in that row.
    Would it kill them to allow the Judgement debuff to splash to nearby targets for even like, 50% of the effect

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Let's not pretend that's for any more reason than they have 3 DPS specs so chances are high that one wouldn't be trash.t
    Of course that is the reason. Classes with 3 dps specs usually have at least one spec in the top, which makes perfect sense. Classes like Paladin then have the advantage of covering multiple roles so they can skip queues. But if you consistently want to play a top dps spec then choose a class with multiple dps specs.

Also, remember that the performance of dps specs is always relative. There will by nature always be a “bottom” spec unless Blizzard can make sure all specs achieve exactly the same number.

Of course that is the reason. Classes with 3 dps specs usually have at least one spec in the top, which makes perfect sense. Classes like Paladin then have the advantage of covering multiple roles so they can skip queues. But if you consistently want to play a top dps spec then choose a class with multiple dps specs.

Also, remember that the performance of dps specs is always relative. There will by nature always be a “bottom” spec unless Blizzard can make sure all specs achieve exactly the same number.
    Exactly thats also a reason to make sure that classes with 1 dps spec does not suck for lack of options = 1. And if they do suck/are mediocre that they actually bring RAID UTILITY that has relevant value for being considered = 2 (no wisdom is NOT it). Stuff like 10% ap 5% phys/magic dmg debuff taken by targets IS it.

If you want to be on top of the dps meters then choose a dps class.

Paladins are the jack of all traits but king of none. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    This thought process hardly applies to Blizzards design. DKs are pulling great numbers but can also tank, in legion Priest where amazing for 2 raid tiers, a class that has 2 healing specs. Hybrid tax doesn't matter to blizz, not that I'm against it so long as the hyrbids provide some raid utility outside of raw damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    Funny ppl still say ret pallies re 3 buttons only, that bullshitting there it shows how noobs can ppl be in this game.
    It's an easy spec to play. I somewhat enjoy it, but's its easy. 3 generaters with 1 spender is just a handful of buttons.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Why on earth would ret need any buffs? DPS isnt in the shitter, it brings a lot of utility and has access to immunity.

0 buffs needed.

I main Ret and I don't (hardly ever) get out DPS'd, but I don't Mythic Raid. Only Heroic Raiding/Mythic dungeons (and I guess first couple Uldir bosses on Mythic). Now don't get me wrong, though, if you get Blizzard to buff Ret, I'll be one OP happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    This thought process hardly applies to Blizzards design. DKs are pulling great numbers but can also tank, in legion Priest where amazing for 2 raid tiers, a class that has 2 healing specs. Hybrid tax doesn't matter to blizz, not that I'm against it so long as the hyrbids provide some raid utility outside of raw damage.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an easy spec to play. I somewhat enjoy it, but's its easy. 3 generaters with 1 spender is just a handful of buttons.
    All specs are eazy, hard part is to play it well. take an example of LoL with pantheon, that is an eazy champ to play, but you don't see shitton of them in challenger, but there you have keegun #1 pantheon in the world with 3 accounts only with pantheon in the challenger tier. Same goes for ret paladin eazy to play hard to perform fcking good.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Yeah it definitely varies a lot. But the point is that by having 3 dps specs, the chance of one being top dog is much higher. Classes like Priest, Paladin, Monk etc. can have a top dps spec once in a while, but it is not something which can be expected each tier. The chances of Rogues, Mages, Warlocks and Hunters are much better, and it is only natural for it to be this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Exactly thats also a reason to make sure that classes with 1 dps spec does not suck for lack of options = 1. And if they do suck/are mediocre that they actually bring RAID UTILITY that has relevant value for being considered = 2 (no wisdom is NOT it). Stuff like 10% ap 5% phys/magic dmg debuff taken by targets IS it.
    I don't agree with this. Having just one dps spec should not make you entitled to receiving extra care from Blizzard. Choosing a Class with only one dps spec is your own decision and you know there is a risk of this spec being under-performing relatively to other specs. On the other hand classes like Paladin then have other advantageous of performing multiple roles (tank and healer) and therefore being very versatile.

If you only want to dps and you only want to play one class (having no alts) then you probably should pick a class with more dps options. Choosing a Paladin if you have no interest in tanking or healing is a risk.

Well thats like saying that having an active sub in WoW is a risk. Been playing ret since sunwell tbc and tbh the only time it was as bad (because of the current state of the game) was during early broken hand of light cataclysm and maybe throne of thunder if you raided 10man version. And back at those bad times we actually had real utility to back up lack of output and such.

"Choosing a Paladin if you have no interest in tanking or healing is a risk." I thought this idiocy was in the past when people in charge of the game clearly stated it was. Which was years ago.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2018-11-29 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    They already faceroll steamroll or whatever everyone in world pvp, arena, bgs.

Buff them more? Pls do.
    Ladder says otherwise

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...aderboards/3v3

Deleted
    Honestly, just find something you enjoy playing. At the current junction, specs are missing depth and I have been struggling to find some I can stick to.

Prot is one of them. I enjoy how sturdy I feel and the amount of tools and choices I have. I definitely enjoy it more than Ret ATM.

Nope, seems that being in the bottom of performance is right in dev's eyes.
    Working as intended
    Last edited by rubenmsalles; 2018-11-30 at 02:55 PM.
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Deleted
    Ret needs a significant buff to either cleave or AoE.

Blizzard seem pretty set that we aren't going to be getting decent (or any) cleave, so our AoE needs to be improved.

Ret is currently higher end of the mid pack for ST. Has terrible AoE and no cleave outside of one 45 second cooldown. Weak AoE, weak cleave and weak mobility are too many weaknesses for a class that doesn't excel at anything.

My entire satisfaction atm with ret is being top healer by far after tanks and healers on fights like vectis. But even at 380 ilvl, my dps just isnt going up like everyone else's dps.
    It's kinda stupid tho when casting flash heal (with or without the 4 stacks for insta heal) feels more natural in the rotation then not doing anything.
    Switching to either mage or rogue for next tier... probably switch back 8.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You think Shaman are getting buffs

That's cute.

You also think Ret is getting buffs too.

That's also cute.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify:

Enhance Shaman are getting a slight numbers adjustment, something Blizzard could do in a Hotfix. They are nerfing two of their PVP talents by merging them into one, nerfing a few talents and "Buffing" the lesser performing talents that no shaman ever takes. They are doing nothing to address the CORE problems with Enhance, or Elemental for that matter.

Right Now SimCraft (lol sims) shows Ret and Enhance about 2k DPS off of the top 3 (Survival Arc and WW) but still above the bottom 3 (UHDK Arms Balance) by about 1k. Granted, this is in full 385 BIS with 10/10 RA, and in Patchwerk Perfect Storm Korean Level of Playing... but still.
    Pretty much, it seems like their response these days to their promises of fixes are a some number adjustments and then they're done...they're doing that with multiple specs in 8.1 and it's really annoying.

"We hear you and promise to fix you since we don't have time in beta! *7 months later* We still hear there are problems with your spec...so here...bigger numbers all around...all better now!"

Done it with Shadow and Shaman...why not Pally too?

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Disc is getting destroyed in 8.1.
    No it isn’t. The nerfs bring them down definitely but they aren’t destroyed. They’ll still be near the top and very competitive.

Do people even read patchnotes, I posted several times about the Ret buffs/changes coming in 8.1 and people are still complaining nothing is changing
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    No it isn’t. The nerfs bring them down definitely but they aren’t destroyed. They’ll still be near the top and very competitive.
    Yeah, no, the patch notes are clear. Solid 10-15% nerf on every skill, atonement, mitigation, main CD duration and mana costs of shields. Cumulate everything and it's down to the ground. Hydra is shelving it fyi.
    But whatever, it's not the priest forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Bad argument with no real explanation.

WW monks, arms warriors, shadow priests, havoc DHs are all hybrids. Some of them are performing better than non hybrid classes.
    I understand your concern. Let me elaborate. The point is that if you choose a class with 3 dps specs (like Rogue, Mage, Warlock or Hunter) you will have a higher chance of having a top tier dps spec. Classes with 1 dps spec will also occasionally be top tier (like DH right now) but you also risk being “under-performing” sometimes. So my recommendation to people who want to be dps-top-dog at all time, is to pick a class with multiple dps specs.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-12-01 at 12:15 AM.