Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Any Word on Ret Buffs coming?

I have a 350 Shaman and with the horrid specs they had I thought I would switch to my paladin and tank. I'm getting very tired of the lack of DPS ret has....

With Shaman getting buffs in Dec do we know anything about bringing some Paladin love into the mix...\\

I'd hate to switch back again but this is kinda brutal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud View Post
    I have a 350 Shaman and with the horrid specs they had I thought I would switch to my paladin and tank. I'm getting very tired of the lack of DPS ret has....

With Shaman getting buffs in Dec do we know anything about bringing some Paladin love into the mix...\\

I'd hate to switch back again but this is kinda brutal.
    No idea, but im really tired of my paladin and began leveling a warlock as replacement of this slow 3 button spec that does nothing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a slight buff to Divine storm in 8.1 (if i remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Friendslayer View Post
    No idea, but im really tired of my paladin and began leveling a warlock as replacement of this slow 3 button spec that does nothing for me.
    The down time is mind numbing - 1 more button or 2 charges on judgement would be a good send and would speed up HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Only a slight buff to Divine storm in 8.1 (if i remember correctly)
    Hmmm, IDK if that is good enough.

We get some new traits which will help a bit on top of the DS buff
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

That will roll out at least a small change in the positive direction are very small, patch 8.1 soon, no changes will be.
    Even Cyrus Smith lost hope
    They think that the ret is fine, but it seems to me that they are just being bullied, they cannot be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think Shaman are getting buffs

That's cute.

You also think Ret is getting buffs too.

That's also cute.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify:

Enhance Shaman are getting a slight numbers adjustment, something Blizzard could do in a Hotfix. They are nerfing two of their PVP talents by merging them into one, nerfing a few talents and "Buffing" the lesser performing talents that no shaman ever takes. They are doing nothing to address the CORE problems with Enhance, or Elemental for that matter.

Right Now SimCraft (lol sims) shows Ret and Enhance about 2k DPS off of the top 3 (Survival Arc and WW) but still above the bottom 3 (UHDK Arms Balance) by about 1k. Granted, this is in full 385 BIS with 10/10 RA, and in Patchwerk Perfect Storm Korean Level of Playing... but still.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and in Patchwerk Perfect Storm Korean Level of Playing... but still.
    Which is why sims don't matter, Ret suffers HARD if fights have any mechanics that require us to move more than once every 45 seconds, which most do, and even when we get to sit on the boss the whole time and be the "juggernaut" that Blizzard claims we are, we still only do middle of the pack damage at best, and we have awful AoE and no 2 target cleave on top of that.

All that piled together? That's called a design flaw, a massive one that needs to be fixed immediately... We don't even do the one thing well that Blizzard claims we are supposed to excel at (ST damage).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-11-28 at 08:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    With no new build today the hope for any changes has died. It's two weeks til 8.1 release, there won't be any substantial changes now, because there is no more time left for testing. The change to DS may be nice, but it's far too less.
    I remember them saying (at blizzcon maybe?) that movement abilities on the gcd don't feel good and are going to be taken off the gcd...where is this change?
    Anyways, sub is cancelled, perhaps they get it right for 8.2.
    Here are all the changes for ret:

TL;DR of ret's changes in 8.1

- 20% buff to Divine Storm - this will allow you to cast DS on 2 targets unless using RV
    - Small Wisdom and Kings changes, nothing to worry about
    - Divine purpose bug fixed, proc bonus damage reduced to 20% - essentially neutral change
    - Small consecration buff
    - Two new azerite traits, replacing Divine Right and Zealotry
    - Empyrean Power - chance to proc a free Divine Storm which does additional damage
    - Light's Decree - wings gains 5 seconds duration and holy power spenders do extra aoe damage in wings (duration does not stack)
    - Both traits looking pretty strong, we'll probably want 1 of each
    - Crusade will improve with Light's Decree, currently unsure how strong it'll be exactly

If you want to be on top of the dps meters then choose a dps class.

Paladins are the jack of all traits but king of none. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you want to be on top of the dps meters then choose a dps class.

Paladins are the jack of all traits but king of none. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    and yet WW who is also a JOAT/MON are #3 DPS, top tank, and top heals possibly behind Priest.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Divine Storm is getting a buff but still no cleave and still no real AE compared to everyone else. Still take it though.

Couple of the new traits pointed out there are very good and there's an extra row. Yeah everyone gets those and yeah a lot of other specs' ones are good as well but not getting fucked as Ret is like a buff at this point.

Other changes are pretty irrelevant. New animations are fucking awesome though and that's like a buff.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The 3-button slow gameplay is the real problem.

and yet WW who is also a JOAT/MON are #3 DPS, top tank, and top heals possibly behind Priest.
    Disc is getting destroyed in 8.1.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They already faceroll steamroll or whatever everyone in world pvp, arena, bgs.

Buff them more? Pls do.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Yep. Blizzard did a bad job there. Monks need a nerf.

If you want to consistently be in the top part of the dps meters throughout every tier of every expansion then Rogue, Mage, Warlock and Hunter are there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    The 3-button slow gameplay is the real problem.
    Funny ppl still say ret pallies re 3 buttons only, that bullshitting there it shows how noobs can ppl be in this game.

why? our ret tops our meters relatively often and we have all purple or better parsers on the top end.

niche is here to stay. just like titanforging. oh and random loot is fun! (cause papa blizz says so!)

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    why? our ret tops our meters relatively often and we have all purple or better parsers on the top end.

niche is here to stay. just like titanforging. oh and random loot is fun! (cause papa blizz says so!)
    cause your 1 raid is an accurate representation of the state of class balance right. Also, purple parses, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    cause your 1 raid is an accurate representation of the state of class balance right. Also, purple parses, lol.
    Entire raids of purple+ are perfectly acceptable, and more than doing their jobs. Not every guild is top tier, constantly pushing orange/gold parses.

The point of the comment was that saying their ret is close or topping meters while also showing the rest of their guild isn't full of bad players.

Also, I don't get where all this downtime people complaining about is. I get it every so often, but constantly? Nope.

Use Inquisition to tighten the gaps if your haste is that low that you're constantly having massive downtime.

Honestly, in terms of buffs, they need to buff aoe a bit more. The DS buff is nice, but it's not enough. Make WoA baseline and add another aoe talent to that row, so that we can actually choose something else in that row.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk