Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MDI West Summer Cup

I’m really proud with Naguura's progress.Her commenting improved a lot from the last MDI.She doesn’t intertwine her words anymore.She doesn’t stutter and her pronunciation is so clear.I actually really enjoy listening her now.Thumbs up to her for trying and actually improving!!It took her 3 MDIs. I will give credit when it is due and earned.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why only 20k are watching it.That is such low number.

- - - Updated - - -

NA vs Depleto Squad double Havoc!!!
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Because it's the same shit maybe?

There's no right or wrong way to do the MDI, everyone has different opinions so the community will always be divided on this but i find it too boring.

Personally
    i wish they gave the competitors less control, Give them a choice of maps and a choice of classes/specs they can use, make a comp out of the choices and proceed for that round or whatever.

Either do something preventing the comps becoming stale or take away the speed run part and focus on highest key possible to complete, but this would make it unpredictable on how long a dungeon would actually take.

"Do you know how much hard work goes into preping for mdi..." Something a guildie said to me once and I agree but an Esports success comes from how viewers find it, it's boring to see the same comps because people copy each other and have no variety.

What are the rewards for 1st,2nd & 3rd place?

I hope AbraKeyDabra wins this time for a change.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-08-24 at 06:44 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    News sites not reporting about it surely is a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

SSDD, and people would rather watch Asmongold.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

The real reason people don't watch MDI is because

1) they have no interest in the dungeons anymore themselves
    2) there's absolutely nothing happening 80% of the time in a 25 min match

I only watch it when it's not a boring 3 melee dungeon, they are all the same strat with tiny variations.

No girls allowed & 3 DH

10+ Year Old Account
    People dont watch because it goes on too long and its the same old classes warrior,druid x 3 rogue or a monk x 2 rogue I think all classes should have a role in these tournaments 1 team has a protection pally and a hunter, i think Fly Me Out was just fucking around tbh and knew they wouldn't advance far in the tournament so chose different classes instead of the usual cookie cutter classes.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

MDI always felt like trying to make something that isn't inherently an eSport into an eSport. I don't mind it, the production value is decent and the casting isn't terrible, it just doesn't really feel quite as interesting as other eSports. The fact that the "meta" pretty much forces all teams to run identical set ups makes it less interesting.

Today was a bit more diverse: fewer rogues, DK for big aoe, JB healed on a monk, a tank monk, triple DH etc.

Would be nice to see a range class for once though.

It was more fun to watch in legion when teams actually wiped and it was often a back and forth like team a wiped, but then team b wiped so team a caught up, etc.

They seriously need to change the format, or shake it up a bit.

Some form of bans, or not being able to repeat comps, something to force variety.

It's just boring as f*** to watch the same comps every time... rarely something exciting happens (a insane route or a weird comp) which draws viewers away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It was more fun to watch in legion when teams actually wiped and it was often a back and forth like team a wiped, but then team b wiped so team a caught up, etc.
    I think the teams have gotten better.In legion MDI was new and the participants didn't know it so well.So they wiped a lot more.

yea I genereally love dungeon content but the mdi is just always the same dude

they really need to give it some fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    yea I genereally love dungeon content but the mdi is just always the same dude

they really need to give it some fresh air
    By far the easiest way to shake things up would be to increase key values. MDI runs on +17 when there are timed +22 done at same gear or lower. While +22 would very likely to become a wipefest, something like +19/20 may cause some well needed upsets if underdog team gets a perfect run against big cats.

It may be just me, but looking at method eu, +17 seems too easy for them at this gear bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise377 View Post
    By far the easiest way to shake things up would be to increase key values. MDI runs on +17 when there are timed +22 done at same gear or lower. While +22 would very likely to become a wipefest, something like +19/20 may cause some well needed upsets if underdog team gets a perfect run against big cats.

It may be just me, but looking at method eu, +17 seems too easy for them at this gear bracket.
    MDI ran on +18 yesterday if I remember well.

We had the previous MDI cups at +17/+18 in season 2 while people completed +25/+26 in time on live servers. A +17 was a no brainer for them. Now the key levels come close to what people do on live (+20/+21) so it becomes more difficult. Room for error has become smaller. And Beguiling makes pulls considerably harder than Reaping. Many teams struggled yesterday on Waycrest Manor. Method EU had far from perfect runs yesterday. The only impressive team with immaculate runs remains Method NA.

And considering how some underdogs played yesterday on +18 (Fourty K, Depleto Squad, No Girls Allowed) with horrible runs, I do not think they would be able to cause upsets at +19/+20 keys.

I like watching M+and some M+ streamers (Zmok, Drjay) but it's not incredibly interesting to see one dungeon run for the Xth time, and we already know the finalists (Method EU and Method NA).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-25 at 01:19 PM.

Key level really doesn't matter that much. The groups will always have to play on their limit to win. In a +17/+18 it will mean they'll do huge and bold pulls with a high risk-reward ratio. In a +20 it'd just mean they have to do pulls that everyone sees in their weekly chest +10 runs. Do you guys want to see that?

First cups were +17, now they are at +18, and it shows, as groups are struggling more (going from +17 to +18 is an additional 41 percent points on the scaling, from 318% to 359%). Bumping the key up until the best team struggles regularly is a bad idea, since it'll also affect the weaker teams, obviously.

Also think of the east, even cup #1 with the +17 was mostly a clown fiesta, I'm curious how they'll fare on the +18 next week. In fact their time trials run list is very bare, with only like a day to go.

Abrakyedabra brought a monk healer ha.I didn't imagine this will happen lol.
    I'm starting to like them more and more.Now they have a paladin healer.

I'm curious about something.If shroud is so strong.Why not buff the invisible potions?Like removing them from the other potion and not sharing cd or what ever the thing they share so dmg potions and invisibility can be used?So you don't have to choose one or the other.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-08-25 at 03:37 PM.

Tbh I wouldn't mind class or spec bans per match.

Also enable engi rez or re-enable Legion pylons. So we see more options than "druid stealth and cr". Also at some point they "buffed" invis pots that basically did nothing because they still didn't reduce their cd, just made combat pots usable a bit faster than 10 mins (but much longer than 1-2 min cd, I think it's 5?). It's still vastly inferior to rogue / double rogue / triple rogue shroud. There should be only small downside, akin to how drums are only a small downgrade from real bloodlust, so nobody ever considers shaman / mage mandatory, because drums.

And linear dungeons where main route through is over 100% trash will always promote skips. Especially when 2/3 emissaries from beguiling add to trash count. Some dungeons like Temple or King's Rest I think it's impossible to not overcap trash if you don't skip.