Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You still got lucky. By the time Legion ended I was running 8 characters a day, and in the entire xpac I got ONE mount.
    I was running 12 for over a year, so while luck factors in, a little brute force helped as well.

If they're hoping this will work they need to increase the rep rewards for the various factions to sync up to the pace you got the reps in Legion. You could get strong rep boosts from the mission table in Legion - today the rep rewards fall quite a bit short comparatively. You also had one wildcard faction that gave strong boosts. BfA has nothing of the kind. Those paragon reps will be a rougher grind this go-round.

https://i.redd.it/47b7l9z3io321.jpg

From the PTR, but if this doesn't change, that's a lot of stuff for a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    https://i.redd.it/47b7l9z3io321.jpg

From the PTR, but if this doesn't change, that's a lot of stuff for a box.
    Opened an Honorbound box and it had all that stuff but less gold (3600).

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Opened an Honorbound box and it had all that stuff but less gold (3600).
    Same but got 4100 gold

Deleted
    Can mounts drop from new paragon chests or only toys and pets?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Only one transformation toy and it's for the one favorite faction
    Fixed it for you.

But they could have given a toy for alliance that transform you into a plain horse. That would actually have been a good joke on Bli$$ side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightswifty View Post

Whether or not you are a collector, how do you feel about the Paragon Toys? Will you be grinding reputations? Why/Why not?
    But there are also 4 new pets...

- Cobalt Raven
    - Violet Abyssal
    - Crimson Bat Pup
    - Albatross Hatchling

So, I'm glad for you but, as a Pet's Collector, I have to grind reputations (from both Horde and Alliance) for that 4 new pets! And, if in the process I can gain even some toys, will be nice, because the achivement about Collecting 400 toys, will give a pet as reward.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    So, I'm glad for you but, as a Pet's Collector, I have to grind reputations (from both Horde and Alliance) for that 4 new pets!
    You don't "have to" though, because these pets are cageable. They also made all island pets cageable. So the only thing you have to do as a pet collector, is the Gnomeregan pet battle dungeon, as these rewards are non-tradable afaik, but that content should hopefully appeal to pet collectors in the first place.

Pets being cageable is a massive boon over collecting mounts / toys that are mostly bop and non-tradable. Even if you farm pets because you enjoy it, you have blp in a way of cage excess duplicate pets, sell, make gold, buy the missing ones.

Deleted
    Just opened my first paragon chest. Got [Rallying War Banner] toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You don't "have to" though, because these pets are cageable. They also made all island pets cageable. So the only thing you have to do as a pet collector, is the Gnomeregan pet battle dungeon, as these rewards are non-tradable afaik, but that content should hopefully appeal to pet collectors in the first place.

Pets being cageable is a massive boon over collecting mounts / toys that are mostly bop and non-tradable. Even if you farm pets because you enjoy it, you have blp in a way of cage excess duplicate pets, sell, make gold, buy the missing ones.
    A point is that why buy pets if you are going to have to do the content anyway for mounts or toys (when you have all the BoP stuff then I could see buying BoE). Pets being cageable means you can get them quicker but my experience is that there's nothing more guaranteed to drop than a pet you just bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    A point is that why buy pets if you are going to have to do the content anyway for mounts or toys (when you have all the BoP stuff then I could see buying BoE). Pets being cageable means you can get them quicker but my experience is that there's nothing more guaranteed to drop than a pet you just bought.
    You can just buy "that one that never drops", and if it drops to you after, you can sell it back. You can do the content if you like it, or you can buy the pets if you hate rep grinding. It gives you choice, and that's good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

As a pet collector I wanna "collect" pet... dont buy it at AH!

Buying pets at AH is for the weak!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    As a pet collector I wanna "collect" pet... dont buy it at AH!

Buying pets at AH is for the weak!
    I think there are a lot of collectors were actually getting the item yourself has meaning rather than buying the item.

I still can't believe these things rewarded mounts in Legion. I had to have got a TON of these, and I don't have a single mount. I never knew they awarded mounts.

1st paragon chest today had 5400g and a bunch of other stuff @_o

I guess it's nice they give a little bit of gold, but 5k gold for 10k rep is really, really weak. It takes 7 emissaries per paragon, you get 7 emissaries per week. Back in Legion I averaged 3800 gold per day for each max-level character on class hall gold missions. And I had 12 of them. 5k is barely enough money for me to bother picking it up off the floor, and certainly not enough to incentivize me to care about paragon reps.

Of course players who didn't take advantage of gold missions in WoD and Legion need some way to pay their bills. But it should be more money, because it requires actual effort to complete a paragon cache, you need to go out into the world and do 25 or so WQs spread out over several weeks.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-12-17 at 05:23 PM.

I don't get why people complain about mounts in the paragon box, it's RNG, it's really not that big of a deal. I wish they would have kept them in, it's a nice little bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    it's RNG, it's really not that big of a deal.
    RNG is the least thing this game needs more of.

Sooo... I might be a bit late to the party but...

How come there's twice as many toys for the Horde as there is for the Alliance?

I just did a count in the in-game Toybox.
    There's four neutral toys (one from Champions, one from 7th Legion/Honorbound, and two from Tortollan).
    Four Horde toys (two from Vol'dun, one from Talanji, one from Zandalari Empire).
    And two Alliance toys. Only fucking two. One from Proudmoore Admiralty, and one from Order of Embers.

What gives?

Sure the Alliance gets more pets, but the only half-decent pet is on the Horde side. And it doesn't even matter; since they can all be caged and put on the AH.