10+ Year Old Account

BfA Coins of Air

Is there anything similar to Coins of Air in BfA or is pickpocket a waste of time?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

you get around 30 silver per pocket picked. Nothing special, no quests, no Griftah.
    It's not a waste of time exactly,as long as you simply pick anything when it's convenient, but anything noteworthy about it is gone.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I believe there was mention of Pick Pocket "things" being added "later"

Could be mistaken though

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I believe there was mention of Pick Pocket "things" being added "later"

Could be mistaken though
    Crossing my fingers...!

Download "quick loot" addon. Enable auto-loot in options. Macro pickpocket. Profit.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Is there anything similar to Coins of Air in BfA or is pickpocket a waste of time?
    Coins of Air was only introduced in 7.2.5 so could be that they will implement something similar later on during BfA

Doubt it, but on a side note - was the 10k weekly stealth nerfed this week? Only got 1,232g instead of 2.5k

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Doubt it, but on a side note - was the 10k weekly stealth nerfed this week? Only got 1,232g instead of 2.5k
    Yep, nerfed again. Only 1232g now, so it's hardly even worth it anymore.
    Its not too hard to get 100k coins in about 15-20 minutes, but still.

this is an example of cool things that keeps getting removed from the game.
    for rogues there is little incentive to pickpocket anymore, and i can't remember seeing a single lockbox in bfa either.
    combined with the ongoing homogenization and pruning, while rogues offer some great dps, they offer very little that is unique in the game anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    this is an example of cool things that keeps getting removed from the game.
    for rogues there is little incentive to pickpocket anymore, and i can't remember seeing a single lockbox in bfa either.
    combined with the ongoing homogenization and pruning, while rogues offer some great dps, they offer very little that is unique in the game anymore.
    This. I'd love more class-unique things in the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    you get around 30 silver per pocket picked. Nothing special, no quests, no Griftah.
    It's not a waste of time exactly,as long as you simply pick anything when it's convenient, but anything noteworthy about it is gone.
    Been a while since I've done rogue, but iirc pickpocketting was not on the gcd. So couldn't you make a macro such as...

#showtooltip opener
    /cast pick pocket
    /cast opener
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Necro-ing old thread for Shadowlands update.

Looks like these Pickpocketing weekly quests rewards are scaling up now, at least on PTR.
    At level 12 (since you can start Legion @ 10 now), the Coins of Air weekly was rewarding only 100g, but on my 50 rogue (copied over), it was up to 1.6k, from the current 1.2k on Live.
    The WoD version (Da Big Score) is up to 275g at level 50, instead of 250g on Live.

Anyone with Beta know if it's upped even more at 60?

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Necro-ing old thread for Shadowlands update.

Looks like these Pickpocketing weekly quests rewards are scaling up now, at least on PTR.
    At level 12 (since you can start Legion @ 10 now), the Coins of Air weekly was rewarding only 100g, but on my 50 rogue (copied over), it was up to 1.6k, from the current 1.2k on Live.
    The WoD version (Da Big Score) is up to 275g at level 50, instead of 250g on Live.

Anyone with Beta know if it's upped even more at 60?
    Interesting. May be worth doing them again, especially since with level/ilvl squish all the things you used to sell to farm gold are now worth shit.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I think that soon every user will be able to get enough Pick Pocket