Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zul Mythic in 8.1

Hey guys do you have any idea how the fight will be shaped when 8.1 hits? Is the rogue strat going to still work effectively or after the nerf it's not worth going out of your way to do and should just go with a default setup/strat?

zerg strat should still work with higher ilvl all around in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    We barely managed to kill it yesterday. I can't imagine killing it now. We won't reset the raid until 8.2, obviously. Very stupid move if you ask me. Why buff the fight so much? Wait until 8.1.5 and do anything you want, when the progression is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    We barely managed to kill it yesterday. I can't imagine killing it now. We won't reset the raid until 8.2, obviously. Very stupid move if you ask me. Why buff the fight so much? Wait until 8.1.5 and do anything you want, when the progression is over.
    Well.... the fight wasn't buffed, rogues where changed.
    The 8.0 strategy was pretty much cheesing the fight by stacking rogues to bruteforce P2. With 8.1 the fight is actually how it was intended to be played. I

-> I make this comment without speaking out the wrongs or rights with this change.

If you are progressing the fight then it may be more difficult. If you are farming the fight then I doubt it will make much difference at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Well.... the fight wasn't buffed, rogues where changed.
    The 8.0 strategy was pretty much cheesing the fight by stacking rogues to bruteforce P2. With 8.1 the fight is actually how it was intended to be played. I

-> I make this comment without speaking out the wrongs or rights with this change.
    AFAIK almost everyone stacked rogues. That's how fight was done. If they would want to buff it, they should have done it before, not now. It's like buffing Cenarius a month before EN release, just because someone thinks that zerg strat is not how it was intented to be played. If Blizzard failed to properly balance encounter in a reasonable time frame, they should keep it as it is, until it's not relevant at all. I could imagine thousands of guilds to keep their instance lockout because they've got better things to do rather than progress on already killed boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    If you are progressing the fight then it may be more difficult. If you are farming the fight then I doubt it will make much difference at all.
    Progressing. Only reached him yesterday and did like 10 pulls with 4 rogues (only 1 is actually a main) to get a feel of the fight and now we're trying to figure out if we should keep doing the cheese strat or just go default setup.

This change really needed to happen week 1.

If you need rogues to kill Zul you dont deserve to get acces to Mythrax / Ghuun.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If you need rogues to kill Zul you dont deserve to get acces to Mythrax / Ghuun.
    tell that to top 20 guilds who stacked 5 rogues

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    tell that to top 20 guilds who stacked 5 rogues
    Mythic Zul has received some nerfs over the course when the top 0.00001% killed it.

Gotta actually do the fight now

Not a bad change imo,if anything it's just very late,it's sad to see a boss that was meant to be such a tactical and management oriented fight turn into a DPS burn boss

Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post
    Mythic Zul has received some nerfs over the course when the top 0.00001% killed it.
    There have been ZERO Zul nerfs since launch.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...vember-27-2018

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Gotta actually do the fight now
    I don't see what's '' about it. There's one month until the raid becomes completely irrelevant. Everyone zerged the boss without dealing with multiple Crushers, rogues or not. It's a horribly designed fight and if it was supposed to be handled differently, it should have been changes months ago. They did that with EN, making it impossible to 1 phase Il'gynoth... except that boss was actually functional and not a horrible mess like Zul.

It's completely pointless to make it harder at this point. They should just hotfix his hitpoints to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    AFAIK almost everyone stacked rogues. That's how fight was done. If they would want to buff it, they should have done it before, not now. It's like buffing Cenarius a month before EN release, just because someone thinks that zerg strat is not how it was intented to be played. If Blizzard failed to properly balance encounter in a reasonable time frame, they should keep it as it is, until it's not relevant at all. I could imagine thousands of guilds to keep their instance lockout because they've got better things to do rather than progress on already killed boss.
    Once again, the fights not buffed, rogues were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Except guilds do rogue stacking even after they outgear the fight, simply due to the DPS check in it. If you add into account the fact that some raid comps may not have the ability to have classes that have really good ST, then there's a good chance you won't make the DPS check.

Not every Mythic guild has a sitting roster to just pull in whatever they need at any point because they designed bosses badly, like Zul, Fetid, G'huun, and Mythrax pre-nerf.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    Just make it 3 heal or 2 tanks and still bruteforce it.

Deleted
    God forbid actually doing the boss the intended way?

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    God forbid actually doing the boss the intended way?
    I don't mind doing it the right way, but it shouldn't have been done this late in the tier. I've already killed g'huun so I don't really care, but they should have at least waited a bit longer or combined it with zul nerfs in general.

IMO I think they will nerf Zul, probably not today but tomorrow after they see a night of guilds attempting it.