Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I recall in a blue post they explained it.
    ML allows for gear funnel and allocation, meaning gear wont be wasted. But the downside is people participating the raid do not feel directly rewarded, they are playing to gear for them and other players, following an artifical rule set my the leader. By using personal loot, there is little allocation within the raid, so less politics problems. Any player in the raid can get upgrade for their main/off spec easily just by playing the game, none will take the loot away if the person likes; no favourism at all. This has problem as well, as some items get wasted. The solution is simply boosting the drop rate to compensate.
    So the ML problem was solved by PL, and the PL problem was solved by increasing the drop rate. In other word, Blizzard has won

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They'll probably bring it back in an expansion or two and announce it as a revolutionary change.
    This. 100%

Wow classic is coming for the elitiest guilds that want ml back.

I still think it was a stupid change but I stopped caring because I got bored and quit raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Another wrong assumption that this loot belongs to you. Foes are defeated as a group, not as an individual. If you want that loot is just for you, play solo or a single player game.
    Who put you in charge of dictating what's right or wrong? Blizz sure as hell didn't, because they're handling it the exact opposite way by enforcing PL. They say foes are defeated by a bunch of individuals that all deserve their chance at loot equally, not at the mercy of masterlooters. If you want that, play other MMO's.

It's dead, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by fandrolin View Post
    Wow classic is coming for the elitiest guilds that want ml back.
    tbh cant wait . it will be so entertaining when all toxicity and gear extortion will be back with full swing with people ofc going "loot councils rules " and funneling gear only to the "core" 10 people while everyone else will be just warm bodies used to generate gear to buddies of GMs

people have no idea how cancerous classic raiding will be because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tbh cant wait . it will be so entertaining when all toxicity and gear extortion will be back with full swing with people ofc going "loot councils rules " and funneling gear only to the "core" 10 people while everyone else will be just warm bodies used to generate gear to buddies of GMs

people have no idea how cancerous classic raiding will be because of this.
    Nobody will raid in classic anyway so who cares.