Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unholy DK in RBG

Heyo. I haven't played RBG since Cataclysm, and I'm starting once again as an unholy dk (yeah yeah, unholy lul). What is the unholy DK's job in RBG's in today's meta? Spam virulent plague on everything and spam epidemic while sitting on the kill target to debuff him (decomp/necro aura)?

What do I do? What is the current spec in the meta? Are unholy DK's even wanted for RBGs?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Gonna be top dps after paladin pure hearth nerf

Deleted
    Grip FC in flag BGs, spread AoE damage with the plague, the slow is good when the dot fades as well. Spam necrostrike on priority targets, asphyxiate for cross cc, cross interrupt with dark transformation, knockback setup on Eye of the cyclone with the death grip. Unholy DK are very wanted in RBGs with their toolkit (they are the only class who can "counter" VDH by gripping them midjump or stunning them midjump to annoy them)

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Grip FC in flag BGs, spread AoE damage with the plague, the slow is good when the dot fades as well. Spam necrostrike on priority targets, asphyxiate for cross cc, cross interrupt with dark transformation, knockback setup on Eye of the cyclone with the death grip. Unholy DK are very wanted in RBGs with their toolkit (they are the only class who can "counter" VDH by gripping them midjump or stunning them midjump to annoy them)
    Excuse my noobness, what is "cross crowd control"? And what do you mean by knockback setup on Eye of the Storm? We don't knockback O.o
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Excuse my noobness, what is "cross crowd control"? And what do you mean by knockback setup on Eye of the Storm? We don't knockback O.o
    Cross cc just means cc multiple targets, preferably healers. Knockback set up means death grip targets to the sides of your holy priests/ele shamans so they can instantly knock them off mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Cross cc just means cc multiple targets, preferably healers. Knockback set up means death grip targets to the sides of your holy priests/ele shamans so they can instantly knock them off mid.
    Alright, thanks, sounds good!

As for talents, both pvp and pve, what should I run with?

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, what's the meta nowadays, with these new talents that came out today? What to spec?

BTW, what's the meta nowadays, with these new talents that came out today? What to spec?
    The changes while annoying to some specs (disc's 15% increase in damage from melee + still having gcd on rapture basically means without peels a disc will just die to any decent melee) have not really changed the cookie cutter RBG format, 2x Boomkins, 2x Rogues, 1x Mage, 1x DH (that can tank/dps), 1x SP, 3x Healers (take your pick, just don't stack them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    The changes while annoying to some specs (disc's 15% increase in damage from melee + still having gcd on rapture basically means without peels a disc will just die to any decent melee) have not really changed the cookie cutter RBG format, 2x Boomkins, 2x Rogues, 1x Mage, 1x DH (that can tank/dps), 1x SP, 3x Healers (take your pick, just don't stack them)
    Okay, and what about the DK spec?

Okay, and what about the DK spec?
    Fair point, miss-understood the question I can't say I have played with dk's much so can't answer that sadly beyond unholy