Thread: Affliction Nerf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Rather see DB nerfed over DG atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In PvE? It is borderline OP, I think Aff is extremely lucky and Blizz is uncharacteristically lenient with it. It could have got the BM treatment where various abilities got nerfed and then it got another 5% hammer dropped on top of it, instead Blizz keeps being super careful with tiny nerfs to it that keep it right there at the top dog block.

In my opinion, when it comes to nerfs or supposed unfair treatment in PvE - Aff and Destruction have nothing to complain about. Demo I could say has an axe to grind there with spectacular Beta nerf which overshot quite a lot, but Destruction and especially Aff? There are legit no complaints there, because all the nerfs ended up being super precise and right on spot there seeing from statistics.

As for PvP, that's a whole other can of worms, one I don't touch. I tend to not speak about stuff I don't have experience with, unless totally forced to.
    I can link cause I dont writte a lot here but in the log afliction is like 20? in the top..... the nerf hit hard ( pet, UA and ID), dont know if in the new raid we will outscale, who knows maybe you are right, but TODAY you are not right and afliction is thrash.
    In M+ Aflicction was middle of the pack, now.....

seed of corruption is now a dead spell

So.. I've read through a few "undocumented" notes, but haven't found anything about SoC officially.

In 8.0 I could cast SoC, then Haunt and it exploded the moment Haunt landed.
    In 8.1, I need to get a full set of dots on a target AFTER Haunt for Seed to explode. Why is this change? SoC doesn't even spread dots for Inevitable Demise anymore, so what's the point?

@Orwell7 Haven't tested this but if intentional then my guess would be, to nerf aff.

Aff has spent more time than it hasn't with almost completely unusable aoe. People just got used to last xpac's shenanigans.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Orwell7 Haven't tested this but if intentional then my guess would be, to nerf aff.

Aff has spent more time than it hasn't with almost completely unusable aoe. People just got used to last xpac's shenanigans.
    It used to be far more ergonomically friendly though. Affliction has historically been a bit of a dumpster class in dungeons, but it didn't used to feel as bad. I really wish the 0.5s GCD would return to dot application for affliction, it makes the spec feel so much nicer to play - I'd happily take damage reductions or dot ramp time to have it feel less like treacle to dot things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Affliction has historically been a bit of a dumpster class in dungeons, but it didn't used to feel as bad.
    Well yeah it won't feel as bad in an area of the game if you simply don't use it in that area cause you can freely swap to a spec that'll dominate in that area.

The spec fantasy thing they started in legion has been atrocious for the game.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"