How to fix console couch co-op

I've put in so many 100s of hours playing D3 on PS4, couch co-op style with my roommate. The number 1 issue with this game will always rear it's ugly head playing this way: The damn inventory system.

Every single time we get back to town after a rift, we have to take turns going through inventory and all the town jazz. It's a snorefest. And holy crap, have any of you ever done 4 player couch co-op? I tried this ONCE, it was HELL. We couldn't keep the other 2 guys interested, because we ended up spending more time having players look at inventory then playing the damn game.

The solution is simple, and I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. In co-op mode, when you get back to town, instead of having one player monopolize the screen, why isn't that stuff pushed off to a smart phone? Manage your inventory on your smart phone. Visit the gem guy, transmog your gear ... whatever.

It seems like such an obvious answer, I wonder why it hasn't been done in any console ARPG?
    Last edited by solinari6; 2018-12-02 at 03:54 PM.

diablo players dont have phones

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I've put in so many 100s of hours playing D3 on PS4, couch co-op style with my roommate. The number 1 issue with this game will always rear it's ugly head playing this way: The damn inventory system.

Every single time we get back to town after a rift, we have to take turns going through inventory and all the town jazz. It's a snorefest. And holy crap, have any of you ever done 4 player couch co-op? I tried this ONCE, it was HELL. We couldn't keep the other 2 guys interested, because we ended up spending more time having players look at inventory then playing the damn game.

The solution is simple, and I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. In co-op mode, when you get back to town, instead of having one player monopolize the screen, why isn't that stuff pushed off to a smart phone? Manage your inventory on your smart phone. Visit the gem guy, transmog your gear ... whatever.

It seems like such an obvious answer, I wonder why it hasn't been done in any console ARPG?
    Good idea, but sadly maintenance mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had any issues with it, but then again I don't have ADD. My friends and I would sit around pushing out rifts and stuff (this was on PS3, so no grifts), and eventually someone would get full. We'd go back to town, and while one or more people were vendoring, we'd get up, take a leak, stretch legs, get a drink, etc. It's called taking a break. Most games have tooltips telling you to do so.

And never once in the hours upon hours that I played with more than 2 people did we ever get full at the same time, so we didn't just sit around for 20 minutes waiting on everybody. It was one or two, or maybe someone would do so just so they didn't have to later, but it's not like we were spending a lot of time looking at every single item for minute upgrades. Especially with 4 people, there's no need to min-max unless you're pushing higher Torment levels.

In other words, I think it's just you, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.