Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

Bellular is wrong and his kind of mentality is what is wrong with WoW

Talking about the most recent video of Bellulargaming titled "The WoW PROBLEM That Blizzard Doesn’t Understand: Why WoW Rewards Feel BORING!"
    Basically he claims "rewards" are the problem with WoW. They feel boring.

Stuff be said, like this:
    "they need to start innovating in the visual and cosmetic direction if they want people to feel their characters progress"

And ths kind of mentality is what is wrong with World of Warcraft (IMO)
    WoW players are addicted to rewards and Blizzard trained people to be addicted to them.
    Useless to say this is a short term thing and, to my knowledge, is not "rewards" that make people play the game on the long run.

Why this is a flawed design? (a design focused on rewards)
    -What happens when Blizzard creates the "ultimate cosmetic of mass destruction everyone wants"? What happens to the rewards after that?
    Its impossible to keep making a reward better than the previous one. And if they made the "ultimate" one, everything after that would feel boring...
    -Whats the point in having mount number #324 or transmog #222 i ask you.
    What are you supposed to do when you get the transmog you want? Stop?

------

My opinion:
    Gameplay & Community > Everything else

Like @Slowpoke is a Gamer told me, what WoW needs is "fun repeatable content"
    And i would add on top of that, create a design structure of gameplay that promotes the community helping eachother out.
    Basically we need gameplay that will unite us.
    This is mostly a product of playing in a "harsh environment" where people need the help of others. Be it information or actual help.

IMO what keeps people playing on the long term is Fame, Power, love for the gameplay and above all else, the relationships made ingame.

------

Do you agree with Bellular? This guy is a game designer...but to me he is failing when he says the problem is with the "rewards"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-03 at 06:11 AM.

Bellular is not a game designer, he just asks for money and gets other people to work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Exactly. I just remember what my class used to be and then I just feel like shit when I am pressing my few buttons I have left that have little to no interaction between each other. Holy paladin is a shell of its former self. This expansion is Legion 0.5. 7.0 already pruned every class to make room for the artifacts and then they stripped away the artifacts leaving us with nothing. And now 8.1 will barely make any changes at all.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-12-03 at 06:22 AM.

Asmongold,bellular....guys with zero knowledge for the game,with standpoints of 12yr olds.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Class design is what's wrong with the game.

I could careless if we had 0 content or a garbage loot system.

The vehicle I ride in has to be enjoyable and functional, the view or the environment come last.

I disagree. Community and Social aspects of games cannot save or compensate for broken, unbalanced, lazy iterations of repeatable content with non-unique, uninteresting rewards.

No matter the social queue; uninteresting, broken content will still be uninteresting, broken content. Only the bad aspects of those issues will circulate faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Asmongold,bellular....guys with zero knowledge for the game,with standpoints of 12yr olds.
    Asmongold.. guy with 99% of achievements in game and can name nearly any piece of armor in the game and where it came from = zero knowledge of game.. yeh okay random poster on the internet with 145 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Bellular is not a game designer, he just asks for money and gets other people to work for him.
    Actually he is, he is currently building a side scroller game with developers. He talks about it on his youtube a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Asmongold.. guy with 99% of achievements in game and can name nearly any piece of armor in the game and where it came from = zero knowledge of game.. yeh okay random poster on the internet with 145 posts.
    Considerin we had mythic raiders, the supposedly epitome of best player, yell during the big bot-banwave that they cant raid anymore without a rotation bot just shows that your achivements mean nothing about knowledge.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

you sound like a RP Player OP, dont take this the wrong way

to me his not wrong, his actualy completely right

In other words: We need side-content that doesn't exist (yet) in BFA like it did in Legion. Stuff that you do without feeling forced (unlike "that one hc per day", "emissary cache") and at any time in the week. Hope we get a new mage-tower version/concept any time soon. Or something like Chromie or even better the Throves of the Thunderking scenario. Wrote him about this argument on twitter and in the comments. But I guess it wasn't worth a like because it didn't confirm his views.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2018-12-03 at 06:40 AM.

Class Design is not the problem ... everyone claims it is but remember "the good old days" where classes where so much better? But in fact they were the same garbage and 2 years ago everyone was shitting around about classes the same way they do now.

The problem is that you all grew old and didn't realise. The gameplay was old when the game came out and there was always a class design to shit about but you had enough time to hang around with your friends and do alot of stuff. Now there is no time left -> no real time to hang around with your buddies -> suddenly the game sucks and it's the class design that's the root of all evil.

No it's not. some classes are bad, some are good, most are playable just like it has always been. Stop this "game only sucks because class design is shit". The game sucks because you're not enjoying it. Period.

It's not neccessarily class design, most caster specs are just slow and feel dull because of the lack of baseline haste (less 2ndary stats) and nobody like cast times beyond 2 seconds, maybe even 1.7. Encounters demand more flexibility, long casts work against that. Not talking about spamming instants again or 90% cast on move specs.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2018-12-03 at 04:43 PM.

he's not wrong, and you mistaken the single topic of a single video as the "only" problem he see's with wow, he has gone over the watered down class problem many times over.

Homogenization of the characters is a huge problem. Little to no difference between class mechanics, just spell effects and character animations. Legion was at least engaging for me because of all of the unique class stories throughout the expansion. BfA is fucking boring right now, i hope they amp it up with the next patch and onward.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    first post best post

But i agree with Bellular too. I absolutely don't give a crap about the 867th toy, 651th mount and 50gold world quests. Meanwhile the gear design hit rock bottom. Just look at the Uldir raid gear. Ugliest basic general shit ever
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2018-12-03 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My opinion:
    Gameplay & Community > Everything else

Like @Slowpoke is a Gamer told me, what WoW needs is "fun repeatable content"
    And i would add on top of that, create a design structure of gameplay that promotes the community helping each other out.
    Basically we need gameplay that will unite us.
    Couldn't agree more with this. Rewards are transitory and help provide justifications for engaging in content, but fun trumps all. If it's fun, crappy or sparse rewards are easily forgiven (see the original release of the game for evidence). Great rewards are meaningless if you didn't have fun getting them and won't have fun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think the main reason that people are bored is because they don't want to push their limits in PVP or PVE. They basically stay in their tracks waiting for loot to come to them.
    10/10 would agree. I had a friend who started in legion. He wanted to have the m+15 artifact skin achv. We started doing m+ to achieve this goal. At one point (above +10 where things got a bit tricky) he simply went "i hate this fucking shit game i don't even udnerstand why i'm always dying...my dmg is also bad...fuck this shit im outa here". He wanted to quit. I told him he has to read a guide, watch a video. We could practice on the dummies and that i would teach him. "nah i don'T want to read a stupid guide or go full pro mode like you do. i don't enjoy that hardcore playstyle"

And now he clears the wq everytime they appear.

I absolutely don't understand it. I hope blizz finds a solution to encourage people to improve while playing the game so that they have fun doing harder things so that we all get a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Ya Asmon, zero knowledge of the game. Do you even think about the words you type out before you hit send?