Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Battle.Net Avatars, Blue Posts, War on Lordaeron Fan Film, DLC #657

HearthPwn Card Design Competition Season 8 Finale

December 2nd Teaser

Battle.Net - New Avatars Added
    Battle.Net added some new avatar options for players recently.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Azerite system totally encourages that, though. Unless you are a player that does not care about the traits other than the ones you have on it is in your best interest to hold on to gear with different traits, especially when balance changes happen.
    I care about the traits but if a hotfix makes what I have worse and something I tossed better AND it’s not just a tiny difference then I’ll just restore that item. This has only happened a couple of times over many years of playing. I also have bank space and often pile up things I feel are important until I sort through them and then do a mass bank-space-cleansing.

A lot of changes just come with patches though and that likely means new gear, new sources, and higher level stuff so unless it’s a huge deal I’ll just get the new stuff.

I can see what you are saying that you feel there is more pressure to keep the gear but I don’t feel it’s too different from the past. If I was aiming to min-max in all situations then I’d expect to be hanging on to more gear but as I mentioned earlier if there is only a small to tiny percentage difference then I stick with one and clear up the space. Do you keep gear even if it’s a .1% difference? Where is the breaking point for your play style? With the current 30 slot bags that are available, how much empty space do you tend to have?

And something that isn’t directed at you Xoja but some others seem to just be asking for why we are okay with needing multiple pieces per slot at all and creating ‘clutter’. This is my personal stance, but I’d say it feels like just a part of an MMO in that some items are better than others. If we were to simplify it we could just remove stats and have items that are ‘average’, ‘good’, or ‘best’. If the item is ‘best’ it’s the best, period. Then that item can degrade to ‘good’ when a new ‘best’ is available from new content. This would cover the bag clutter and simplify things but I don’t think it’d feel fun.

It’s ok to have some items to be better than others, but it’s not ok to bind item to specific spec, especially when those slots were usable for all specs for many years before BFA. This is the problem Blizzard refuses to accept and fix.
    How would you treat a piece of gear that has like heavy crit and is far and away the best for one spec and definitely the worst for another?

It still gives you some benefit, even if it’s smaller, unlike many azerite traits that only work for one spec, and give nothing to other. If traits were switching with spec, that would be non issue…
    Azerite gear still comes some benefit even if 1 trait isn’t active.

Juggling three secondary stats is way different than juggling dozens of azerite traits.
    So at a base level you feel the system is just too complicated and it would better to simplify it?

Anyone would, because the reforge cost really is outrageous. My question is more: Why do you have a reforge system you don’t want people to use?
    Sometimes you make a mistake. Sometimes a piece drops that is great for one spec and you can respec something you have to work for another. Have you run into these situations at all? Or something else?

I’m allowed to wonder why the reforge cost is so high, though.
    It does get high if you are changing a lot for sure. The highest amount I ever paid was like 20 gold I think? Usually it’s at the 5g amount though. Does that feel high or am I missing something here?

The fact that you have to go to third party sites or use simc to figure out what trait is better isn’t complex enough for you?
    I feel like that’s going off the path a bit. I have been doing that for a long time due to trinkets, comparing set bonuses to item level, and deciding the value of secondary stats for each spec. How is this different for you now? (Source)

No Shared Rewards Across Classic and Retail WoW
    Mounts and companions you get in classic SHOULD NOT be usable across multiple characters on the same classic account, however, you should be able to have these rewards in retail. This will increase the longevity of classic.
    Like it was stated at BlizzCon there will be no crossover in rewards between Retail WoW and Classic WoW. I don’t think there is any need to change that stance but I appreciate the post OP.

I think its fair to ask for an opportunity to earn those rewards again however I don’t think it should come at the cost of diminishing the rewards that players earned years ago and cherish. I think the opportunity to earn and have them exclusively on Classic is fair because its staying on Classic itself. I think any more crossover than that could be damaging and lessen the value or prestige of those rewards.

It’s a pretty solid philosophy at the moment that there will be zero crossover of rewards. (Source)

Warcraft - War on Lordaeron
    Fans are creating a short film set when Lordaeron was still a living kingdom and the Horde first arrived.

Dark Legacy Comics #657
    DLC #657 has been released.

There's to much gold in gamers pocket and blizz want suck it all. Every service in wow have price raised (reroll coin, cost of repair and now new reforge system)

New Heroes portraits! I'll take it.

Man, the blue is coming off as a arrogant prick.

New Avatars - still no Pepe. Where is my bird!?

That trailer looks better than the official Warcraft film Hollywood made with Blizzard's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    There's to much gold in gamers pocket and blizz want suck it all. Every service in wow have price raised (reroll coin, cost of repair and now new reforge system)
    Doesn't really seem fair, though, since it's a big "fuck you" to anyone who didn't play in Legion and take advantage of something that should never have been.

But that's okay, though, since if you have a life I'm sure you can afford to toss Blizz some real money for a token to sell, to get yourself some in-game gold.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

That blue seems like a proper cunt lol.

Ythisens is my new favorite community manager.

"It’s a pretty solid philosophy at the moment that there will be zero crossover of rewards." is the perfect answer to the question. Straight and to the point. No more questions necessary.

They just don't get it.....

This is the massive contradiction:

Blizzard fantasy land: We don't want you to have to sim all the time.
    Reality: traits are stupidly ambiguous so simming only real way to know what is an actual upgrade/better

Blizzard fantasy land: gold cost justified in reforging so you're not doing it all the time and traits feel semi-permanent for specs
    Reality: traits are stupidly ambiguous so simming only real way to avoid spending thousands and thousands of gold in testing traits in game

They just don't get it

"I’m allowed to wonder why the reforge cost is so high, though.
    It does get high if you are changing a lot for sure. The highest amount I ever paid was like 20 gold I think? Usually it’s at the 5g amount though. Does that feel high or am I missing something here?"

What a shit response to give. I play once a week and almost never have to change my gear around so is 5g a lot of money? What a way to show how much value you put in your player base when you respond to them with such underhanded comments. The system punishes experimentation, punishes players wanting to play multiple specs in a pve and pvp environments. To think that players would only ever pick one set of traits for all content and maybe reforge once in a blue moon is ridiculous and is completely counter intuitive to having spec specific traits, aoe vs single target traits, raid vs mythic+ traits, PvP vs PvE traits. There is so much variety in content and players will always look to experiment with and find ways to perform the best they can in each of those situations, and as a result they have to change traits around but are punished for doing so. It doesn't take a lot to see that, but it really demonstrates how out of touch these devs are with players.

Cue all the experts saying this fan made trailer looks better than Legendary Pictures' Warcraft, that is until they see the Orcs are people in rubber masks.

I love how unflinching they are to admit even the smallest flaw in their terrible azerite system. "Azerite gear still comes some benefit even if 1 trait isn’t active." Please. As if that's actually true. You know it is super detrimental to be missing out on a trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Let me know when I can choose my very own avatar. Thank you.

Warcraft - War on Lordaeron video - wow, how embarrassing.

I usually always try to see both sides of an arguement, but I have to agree that the blue responding to this came off as a huge jerk. For new(ish) players, they simply won’t have the gold required to maintain things in this game as a serious raider if their guild doesn’t provide multiple things. Add on that some specs to really min/max will swap azerite traits around depending on if they do m+ and/or raid. The alternative is to have multiple azerite pieces of equal level with the traits for each.
    Also, for new players, and even players that just don’t spam gold acquiring content, not everyone can afford 30 slot bags for every slot.
    The blue just came off as someone who thinks the entire playerbase plays to a specific standard and all are on equal footing.

> How would you treat a piece of gear that has like heavy crit and is far and away the best for one spec and definitely the worst for another?

Not everyone cares about minmaxing. I just want the same gear for every spec, I don't give a rats ass if that means I'm not doing top dps.

It's so infuriating seeing blues respond like this.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Cue all the experts saying this fan made trailer looks better than Legendary Pictures' Warcraft, that is until they see the Orcs are people in rubber masks.
    Yeaaah, lol. I have to admit though, the parts with the footmen and people armoring up looked quite good. I also quite liked the Kings + Lothar.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    That blue seems like a proper cunt lol.
    All he did was point out how the complaints made no sense if he wasnt complaining about the same things for years. If you think it's being a cunt pointing out flaws in someone's whining then you need to toughen up.