Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Water Strider is wildly overrated. Especially since you have to dismount and remount to walk on water if a mob has hit you at any point while you were on it. Personally I ride Invincible around on most toons, except my herbalists of course. I do agree though that it would be cool to give more mounts unique abilities. Allow some to glide over water, or just glide in general like an engineering glider, make more that can herb, make some that can mine, etc.
    Yyou dont have to mount and dismount, it is enough to jump on the surface and turn the camara angle.

As herbalist I really feel fuked up by Sky Golem. So many cool mounts and Im stuck at the 1 mount for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It feels very strange to me that mounts in their current form are still used as incentive / reward for many aspects of the game despite the fact that the average player uses only 4/5 (out of 7) mounts in general:

- Long boy
    - Traveler Yak
    - Water Strider
    - Engineer Flying Herbalism Machine
    - Heart of the Nightwing / X53 Rocket / Sandstone Drake

I know that there are some cool looking mounts, but why but why would I use another ground mount than the Strider or the Engineer Herb Machine? Same goes for flying, why use something that is not the herb mount (except for when you want to fly with 2 persons of course)?

I think before adding new mounts the current system should be enhanced and there should be ways (through long questlines and can also include a large gold component) to get an item that permanently modifies a mount of your choice and adds either permanent water walking or harblism or mining or skinning abilities to it (granted, skinning might be a bit useless, but why not?)
    How it works? Freaking magic man, if we already have the items that can do it (but are to bothersome to deal with), so no real reason to be bothered by it.

I know there are some more in-depth ideas about how to improve the mount system out there and I am all up for it. But I really think that if mounts are planned as incentives in the future something has to change to make them more relevant again.
    i think more mounts with their own little effects could combat this.
    kinda like the meat grinder you know or a mount that the fire breath does dmg or something fun...they really have lost all creativeness
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Back in the day when having a 310% mount was a big deal Blizzard changed it so it was tied to your riding skill rather than your gladiator mount. This made it so if you had a ton of mounts you didn't feel "obligated" to use only the same one. I loved the change at the time and wish they did the same for things like the waterstrider. "Omg, a horse running across water looks dumb!" Yeah, well. This is the game where you can soar through the sky with a flying moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yyou dont have to mount and dismount, it is enough to jump on the surface and turn the camara angle.
    Nope, if you have taken damage from a mob it loses the ability to water walk until you remount.

Ultimately the fair answer is to either remove extra effects from mounts or give all mounts an effect (or ability to grant them an effect that makes sense).

However, the Mount system needs to be revamped before Blizzard can properly balance Mounts around utility.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I have 9 that I use most of the time.

Flying
    Any of the Netherlord's Steeds (Depends on my current Mog)
    Astral Cloud Sepent
    Feldrake
    Infinite Timereaver

Repairs+Mog
    Grand Expedition Yak

Ground near water
    Azure Water Strider

Ground
    Lucid Nightmare
    Spectral Tiger

Two Seater
    Stormwind Skychaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Makes sense, gotta show off that big dick of yours.
    i usually do that with titles, but the mount works too.
    If you see this message then I'm probably already banned or getting an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Water Strider is wildly overrated. Especially since you have to dismount and remount to walk on water if a mob has hit you at any point while you were on it. Personally I ride Invincible around on most toons, except my herbalists of course. I do agree though that it would be cool to give more mounts unique abilities. Allow some to glide over water, or just glide in general like an engineering glider, make more that can herb, make some that can mine, etc.
    Eh? The sheer amount of time it saves in anyplace short of Voldun, simply by walking around the mobs/outrunning before they can tag you... and even Voldun by walking along the coast to avoid a bunch of crap ice bolting you. Guessing your either DK or don't actually have one.

... And let's not forget certain instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Ultimately the fair answer is to either remove extra effects from mounts or give all mounts an effect (or ability to grant them an effect that makes sense).
    Yes, and remember they tried to do that-- the original plan was that water striders wouldn't work in Legion. Players got understandably upset at this and the devs relented. The devs show here that they fully understand the problem. They just don't plan to fix it in a way that most players want.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ork-in-legion/

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    I won the only Ji-kun mount that dropped while it was current for our guild, i told the GM at that time i would use it until i stop wow. It's still the mount i use to this day!

Yes, im the oddball.
    Man I got that mount last year and I can't change it no matter what either!

I use yak to transmog or Spectral tiger only

I usually use mounts that fit to the race/class fantasy and of course the transmog my char wears.
    Although I like the sky golem for my goblin engineer I can't stand the way how it flys for long.
    I only farm herbs and minerals with one druid.

Don't like the water strider very much but with enough water around convenience wins over appearance.
    Don't ride the yak although I transmog right after equipping new armor. I wouldn't even use it if I could
    summon a transmogger, a trader/repairmen without cooldown.

On a closer look the whole system of abilitys to move is somewhat fucked up.
    Look at your chars. You're able to walk slow and fast and although Blizzard calls it running you can't really run.
    Swimming either with or without a mount is a shitshow too. With every camera move you drop under the surface,
    the different speeds between diving, swimming, with or without mounts / underwater mounts are hardly noticeable.

I still remeber when they took away waterwalking from the warlock classmount because it didn't fit with class fantasy
    and they wanted the playes to use more diverse mounts....
    Sure the water strider corresponds to that completely, lol

Armored razzarari raptor and onyxia drake

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Eh? The sheer amount of time it saves in anyplace short of Voldun, simply by walking around the mobs/outrunning before they can tag you... and even Voldun by walking along the coast to avoid a bunch of crap ice bolting you. Guessing your either DK or don't actually have one.

... And let's not forget certain instances.
    I'm a Warrior. I have the blue and red ones. The only place I find it truly useful in BFA is Tiragarde.