Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    So I was just checking some azerite gear from Dazar raid and this came out with this combo:

3x Brace for Impact
    1x Iron Fortress or Callous Reprisal
    1x Deafening Crash
    1x Bloodsport or Bonded Souls

I must say HOLY JUMPING JESUS

Just the 3x Brace for Impact will give me obscene amounts of block and my god the Shield Slams will be hitting like Tsar Bomba...

There's another relatively big buff people are forgetting which is intervene coming off of the GCD as well. It is back to being a rage generator whenever we don't need the extra mobility. Make a nice macro to target the nearest friendly and then target back and it's a button to give extra rage on demand.

Finally 120 and yeah, I'm enjoying prot. Gotten extremely lucky with loot, must be a sign that I need to main this class hahaha. 120 for less than 2hours and I'm 349 ilvl, no raid or m+ done yet.

Warrior still struggling in M+.Not having any form of self sustain is such a pain, specially when you have to deal with any kind of dots, bleeds and magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Warrior still struggling in M+.Not having any form of self sustain is such a pain, specially when you have to deal with any kind of dots, bleeds and magic damage.
    Not having any self sustain isn’t the best thing in the world, but I still find that I need to kite the least on my warrior out of all my tanks in 15’s, you’ve got at least 1 major cooldown for basically every big pull (usually every 2 minutes with DPS CD’s)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    dont worry, thats no warrior specific issue. with my brewmaster my only selfheal are azerite traits anyone can pick and when the healer is not around i die a slow but inevitable death, even when facing weak stuff. On my protpaladin it feels even worse, since he was on the pinnacle of selfsustainment in legion. still having a selfheal may sound nice, until you realise how little a medium gcd locked heal on a 15s cooldown actually contributes to your gameplay.

self-sustainment of tanks is no longer the concept of this game. I think we got spoiled to much in legion, where tanks where total machines that felt like steering a raidboss - aswell as DK somehow slipping through, still beeing on the "fine without a healer" level.

Quote Originally Posted by Katamere View Post
    dont worry, thats no warrior specific issue. with my brewmaster my only selfheal are azerite traits anyone can pick and when the healer is not around i die a slow but inevitable death, even when facing weak stuff. On my protpaladin it feels even worse, since he was on the pinnacle of selfsustainment in legion. still having a selfheal may sound nice, until you realise how little a medium gcd locked heal on a 15s cooldown actually contributes to your gameplay.

self-sustainment of tanks is no longer the concept of this game. I think we got spoiled to much in legion, where tanks where total machines that felt like steering a raidboss - aswell as DK somehow slipping through, still beeing on the "fine without a healer" level.
    This .. so much this self sustain was a bonus in legion healers will have to compemsate dh and dk mitigation is mainly based on selfsustain and grated it makes them strong its not necessary to do well

Deleted
    Regardless of buffs/nerfs, I highly doubt we'll see a shift in the meta. It'll stay as it is, time will tell but I'm certain it'll be primarily DKs/Monks in the next MDI as well (whenever that may happen). Let's face it, prot warriors aren't meant for high keys, they don't have the right utility. We only provide insane DPS and are very good vs mobs that we can block.

Deleted
    Man Prot War is so fun, just been doing keys this week and dmg taken seems smooth if using CDs correctly, but its just always taking dmg and I find if a healer is not paying attention you just go splat.

Don't have that bit of leeway you get with BDK/Monk/DH

Raid I don't find a problem because you use CDs when tanking and they recharge when your not tanking, but m+ feel like we miss something. Just before 2nd boss in TD I got fking hammered. Might be the salt blasts and the fire debuff

Pretty sure it's mandtory to go for Vampiric Speed/Impassive Visage for m+ if you ain't too confident. We should wait for 5th ring of traits too, as it opens up a lot of space for "only 1 of" kind of traits, def.crash/bastion of might.

Prob first time when i stick to a warrior rather than mage in like 8 years. Boy oh boy am i happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    Regardless of buffs/nerfs, I highly doubt we'll see a shift in the meta. It'll stay as it is, time will tell but I'm certain it'll be primarily DKs/Monks in the next MDI as well (whenever that may happen). Let's face it, prot warriors aren't meant for high keys, they don't have the right utility. We only provide insane DPS and are very good vs mobs that we can block.
    Normally I'd agree, because dk is just the safe option. BUT.

MDI is not top level keys. They're typically lower, and designed around speed running, and come down to who makes a mistake first. It's not out of the question entirely that prot could fulfill that role.

Deleted
    Well turns out that the buffs were great and shoot us to #3 tank for m+, soon to attack #2 and maybe even #1 spot for the best tank

King's Rest, Underrot and Waycrest Manor have all #1 world rank held by Prot Warrior

and trust me, with 2nd ring of traits, we're going to shoot up even more

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Well turns out that the buffs were great and shoot us to #3 tank for m+, soon to attack #2 and maybe even #1 spot for the best tank

King's Rest, Underrot and Waycrest Manor have all #1 world rank held by Prot Warrior

arent likle yto pass DKs just because there are so many of them. feel free to pass monks though, always good to stay off the radar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    arent likle yto pass DKs just because there are so many of them. feel free to pass monks though, always good to stay off the radar
    with participation maybe not but with ranks, it might happen

Deleted
    does anyone know the block rating to get to 85% crit block?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    does anyone know the block rating to get to 85% crit block?
    Depends on content since the scaling is different between difficulties of raid, M+, and raid tiers. It's static in M+ between levels of keys, whereas norm/heroic/mythic raid have different scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

While infested is still a thing, prot will not take the #1 or #2 spot. That said, it will take it for specific dungeons. Specifically, tyrannical. Underrot, Waycrest, and Shrine are all good for prot, thanks to the balanced power of spell reflect (See, ghuun before the fix) And KR, ML, and FH are all good on fortified. Atal is a possibility, but with a very specific group comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    While infested is still a thing, prot will not take the #1 or #2 spot. That said, it will take it for specific dungeons. Specifically, tyrannical. Underrot, Waycrest, and Shrine are all good for prot, thanks to the balanced power of spell reflect (See, ghuun before the fix) And KR, ML, and FH are all good on fortified. Atal is a possibility, but with a very specific group comp.
    Infested is going away in 2 weeks and the new affix will be strongly AoE oriented and that's the biggest Prot Warrior strenght

With 3x BoM trait, our dps will skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by mmocf7cd8b7ceb View Post
    Infested is going away in 2 weeks and the new affix will be strongly AoE oriented and that's the biggest Prot Warrior strenght

With 3x BoM trait, our dps will skyrocket
    Indeed, and initial testing has prot doing very well. Dps are sustaining ~40-50k dps in motherload reaping, and the add waves are relatively easy to handle with kicks. I don't know how meta prot will be, but it's definitely going to be even more powerful than current. And it's already pretty damn good.