Deleted

Arms warrior sound design

Recently jumped on board of the warrior-train and while it's been fun I gotta ask...

WTF happened to Overpowers spell sound? It sounds like I am straight up whipping the enemy. WHILE HOLDING A GIANT A** SWORD FFS. It's the reason I can't play arms because every time I heard that sounds, it makes me feel like I'm playing with an action figure, supplying my own sound effects.
    I suppose they didn't care enough to change the sound effect when they changed the animation.

Is there any way to change the sound file on your own?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Recently jumped on board of the warrior-train and while it's been fun I gotta ask...

WTF happened to Overpowers spell sound? It sounds like I am straight up whipping the enemy. WHILE HOLDING A GIANT A** SWORD FFS. It's the reason I can't play arms because every time I heard that sounds, it makes me feel like I'm playing with an action figure, supplying my own sound effects.
    I suppose they didn't care enough to change the sound effect when they changed the animation.

Is there any way to change the sound file on your own?
    I'm not sure how you would change it pal but i do agree with you on this, i also wish they kept some of the normal animations for attacking as well.

Deleted
    It's also missing that deep wounds "splurt" sound, fury has it and it sounds pretty satisfying.

While we're at it, change the animation of slam to something else other than the god forbidden swinging the bat motion.

I legit have to use an old toy so I can avoid seeing that animation, huge turn off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    It's also missing that deep wounds "splurt" sound, fury has it and it sounds pretty satisfying.
    Overpower is exempt from the mastery, so it wouldn't make sense to add that. (despite it sounding satisfying!)

I did not like the old animation to be honest. It's replacement isn't much of an improvement, though, and it would be much appreciated if they overhauled the entire thing once more. Sound effect and all. They're constantly adding new casting animations, so why not?
    (That being said, the new animation is still leagues better than the vanilla one :'D)

Deleted
    Overpower is exempt from the mastery, so it wouldn't make sense to add that. (despite it sounding satisfying!)
    On fury it procs on crits i think, it doesn't need to be tied to deep wounds, the sound itself is called "rendtarget.ogg".

For the other guy that asked, you could always customise your sounds through an add-on such as MikScrollingBattleText, i've done it to get the old execute sound back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    On fury it procs on crits i think, it doesn't need to be tied to deep wounds, the sound itself is called "rendtarget.ogg".

For the other guy that asked, you could always customise your sounds through an add-on such as MikScrollingBattleText, i've done it to get the old execute sound back.
    The other guy was me, too.
    Does that addon overwrite the current sound effect or does it just play it on top of it?

Deleted
    It reminds of hunters having to put up with the very un-gun-ly stapler sound ever since WoD or something.

Luckily, I found out in-game sound effects are very easily modded, so long you have a model viewer or such, so that you know exactly what the sound file is called.

And then in the World of Warcraft folder I just made a Sound/Spells/[whatever the file path of that particular sound effect is]

In my case, i put the old WoW gun sound files, with the same name as the current WoW gun sound files, and blunderbusses no longer sound retarded! ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    It reminds of hunters having to put up with the very un-gun-ly stapler sound ever since WoD or something.

Luckily, I found out in-game sound effects are very easily modded, so long you have a model viewer or such, so that you know exactly what the sound file is called.

And then in the World of Warcraft folder I just made a Sound/Spells/[whatever the file path of that particular sound effect is]

In my case, i put the old WoW gun sound files, with the same name as the current WoW gun sound files, and blunderbusses no longer sound retarded! ^_^
    Oh that sounds cool! How does one do that? I can't seem to find the appropriate folders and also don't understand what you mean by using a model viewer. Can you walk me through it?

Deleted
    You 'crudely' overwrite the old sound file, basically.

Your end-goal is to have the new sound effect of your choosing replace the old one.
    To do that, you'll give the new sound the same name as the old one, and put it on exactly the same file-path as the old one. Quite the disguise, if you will! Some spells use multiple sound effects, in which case, you must rename all of them that way!

So first step would be to know the exact name of the sound you want replaced. And then, in World of Warcraft/Sounds/Spells, (if Sounds and Spells folders aren't there, you create them), you put in ANY replacement sound that you like and rename it to have exactly the same name as the old one.

Now when your WoW client looks for the sound to play, it will use the sound you provided.

Personally, I used WoWModelViewer to find the sound files, at the bottom of the list of models there's a dropdown, where instead of 'models' you'd choose 'OGG' and absolutely all the sound effects are there. If you're curious how one of them sounds, to know if it's the sound you're looking for, you save it and play it.

And before you know it, your game ends up sounding something like this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1I9lgd7YuQ
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2018-12-05 at 02:00 PM. Reason: More clarity!

Deleted
    You 'crudely' overwrite the old sound file, basically.

So first step would be to know the exact name of the sound you want replaced. And then, in World of Warcraft/Sounds/Spells, (if Sounds and Spells folders aren't there, you create them), you put in ANY replacement sound that you like and rename it to have exactly the same name as the old one.

Now when your WoW client looks for the sound to play, it will use the sound you provided.

Personally, I used WoWModelViewer to find the sound files, at the bottom of the list of models there's a dropdown, where instead of 'models' you'd choose 'OGG' and absolutely all the sound effects are there. If you're curious how one of them sounds, to know if it's the sound you're looking for, you save it and play it.

And before you know it, your game ends up sounding something like this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1I9lgd7YuQ
    Thanks mate! Especially for the link.
    The only problem that remains is that I don't know Overpower's sound file name. I looked for it with the wowhead sound library, but any search with 'overpower', 'strike', 'slash', 'smash' and even 'warrior' yields nothing. The old Overpower sound effects are filed there but the current one has so far eluded me.

Over the years many styles sound/sounded like smashing a pillow or sneezing.

Deleted
    Thanks mate! Especially for the link.
    The only problem that remains is that I don't know Overpower's sound file name. I looked for it with the wowhead sound library, but any search with 'overpower', 'strike', 'slash', 'smash' and even 'warrior' yields nothing. The old Overpower sound effects are filed there but the current one has so far eluded me.
    Yeah, I'm not sure which sound it is either. My best guess, personally, is that it's the same sound as Revenge, chances are, it might use the same sound.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm not sure which sound it is either. My best guess, personally, is that it's the same sound as Revenge, chances are, it might use the same sound.
    I think I've got it figured out. Pummel sounds exactly like Overpower, without the swooosh from the swing, that is. Now either I am doing something wrong, or it is not the same sound after all. Are the sounds from the wowhead library already in the .ogg format?

Deleted
    If you think you got the file's name right, you should be fine. I'm not sure if it absolutely has to be ogg, or if you can have your replacement be wav or mp3 and the likes too.

In your World of Warcraft folder, Create a Sound, and then a Spells inside Sound. and inside Spells put your replacement sound, rename it into exactly the same name as whatever sound file Pummel uses, and you're set! You then check in WoW what spells were affected.

If the name is not exactly the same, nothing will happen.

And if anything sounds broken, it's easily fixed by removing what you put into Sounds/Spells.

Also, the weapon swoosh, as far as I remember, is its own separate sound, I randomly bumped into that once. ^_^

For reference, changing gun sounds looked like this
    https://imgur.com/a/TxzMTRl
    they were .ogg's because funny enough, the old gun sounds were never removed from the game, so I just ripped them from WoW and renamed them to replace the new ones!
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2018-12-07 at 11:50 AM.