1. #1

    Timewalking Arms

    Hey I'm trying to see what everyone is finding best for timewalking. Mostly looking for info to blow up the timewalking raid. Looking at legion Leggos, traits, and any past gear that might be extra good, i.e. shadows edge/shadowmourn.

    I've been using the heroic leap pants paired with test of might trait for a huge uptime on both colossus smash and the ToM buff. I've been thinking about using the 2 extra leap shoulders or the mortal strike gloves.

    I've also been wanting to mess around with going sudden death+ execute ring. Also using the talent ring to have anger management and Dreadnought. Use executioners precision traits on top.

    What's everyone finding works best?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Hey I'm trying to see what everyone is finding best for timewalking. Mostly looking for info to blow up the timewalking raid. Looking at legion Leggos, traits, and any past gear that might be extra good, i.e. shadows edge/shadowmourn.

    I've been using the heroic leap pants paired with test of might trait for a huge uptime on both colossus smash and the ToM buff. I've been thinking about using the 2 extra leap shoulders or the mortal strike gloves.

    I've also been wanting to mess around with going sudden death+ execute ring. Also using the talent ring to have anger management and Dreadnought. Use executioners precision traits on top.

    What's everyone finding works best?
    There's no reason to run timewalking stuff. Stop wasting your time.
    LPT: If you plan on farming timewalking dungeons for days to get a mount you will never use, you better use this time to discuss with a therapist.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    There's no reason to run timewalking stuff. Stop wasting your time.
    LPT: If you plan on farming timewalking dungeons for days to get a mount you will never use, you better use this time to discuss with a therapist.
    Woah... dude the point of the game isn't to be rewarded, it's to have fun. Maybe you should see a therapist...

    I find timewalking to be extremely fun due to the pleathura of options available as well as it making old gear viable again! So I legitimately have fun doing huge numbers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    There's no reason to run timewalking stuff. Stop wasting your time.
    LPT: If you plan on farming timewalking dungeons for days to get a mount you will never use, you better use this time to discuss with a therapist.
    Wow. Killjoy much?

    Funny thing, if just a few more of the playerbase would do some timewalking sets then timewalking in general would go a lot faster and be more fun for everyone.

    OP, I'd look into getting a two set legion or WoD bonus (cape/gloves, gloves/pants) but keep your Azerite pieces as the bonuses from them aren't all that bad.

    For everything else get stuff with sockets - so mostly MoP gear. For your weapon if you don't have a shadowmourne I'd suggest the two-hander off Deathwing for trash. For single target I'm not sure it's all that great. Also I'd enchant your weapon with a BfA enchant.

    If you have the MoP cape use that. The WoD ring, I think the class ring lego from Legion (but can't remember what it gives for arms). Trinket I'd say the cleave one from HFC is excellent, but you can also stack the timeless hourglass as well as the one that lowers the CD of your DPS CDs from SoO.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Wow. Killjoy much?

    Funny thing, if just a few more of the playerbase would do some timewalking sets then timewalking in general would go a lot faster and be more fun for everyone.

    OP, I'd look into getting a two set legion or WoD bonus (cape/gloves, gloves/pants) but keep your Azerite pieces as the bonuses from them aren't all that bad.

    For everything else get stuff with sockets - so mostly MoP gear. For your weapon if you don't have a shadowmourne I'd suggest the two-hander off Deathwing for trash. For single target I'm not sure it's all that great. Also I'd enchant your weapon with a BfA enchant.

    If you have the MoP cape use that. The WoD ring, I think the class ring lego from Legion (but can't remember what it gives for arms). Trinket I'd say the cleave one from HFC is excellent, but you can also stack the timeless hourglass as well as the one that lowers the CD of your DPS CDs from SoO.
    I have what I consider full "bis" for timewalking. Sockets in every slot etc and shadowmourn. I was using the 2 set from legion that gives a 10% chance to reset CS but it procs so rarely it's not worth it. The 2 set that gives 7% increased crit is alright.

    I dont think timeless hourglass works for arms anymore since we dont have recklessness, it it reduces CS on the other hand then that's another story.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    I have what I consider full "bis" for timewalking. Sockets in every slot etc and shadowmourn. I was using the 2 set from legion that gives a 10% chance to reset CS but it procs so rarely it's not worth it. The 2 set that gives 7% increased crit is alright.

    I dont think timeless hourglass works for arms anymore since we dont have recklessness, it it reduces CS on the other hand then that's another story.
    Hello there. I have also tested out the proc rate from this set, and my only explanation for it is that it got mixed in with the stat squish and that the proc rate got squished to absurdedly low. I have contacted a GM about this and it's best to report it as a bug and hope Blizzard will fix it before BfA ends and the set bonus becomes inactive.

    I have found so far that Azerite armor pieces are ALWAYS better. Since their strength and stamina is for some reason doubled (I think the reason why is Blizzard doesn't want you to fool around with those set bonus from Legion and socketed gear that much!)

    That being said, I'm still experimenting with the enchants. As they too, get squished that higher enchantments are actually worse than the enchantments for the designed TW level.

    As for trinkets, I have Deathbringers will equipped for TW to WotLK. The trinket from Galakras could work with Avatar and Colossus smash, but I don't know about that last one for sure. For my 2nd trinket, I'm using Khazgoroths courage. Because I haven't really found a 2nd trinket. Although the trinket from the last boss in the ruby sanctum was BiS back in it's time, it had different effects back then, and it is possible that it is not that strong nowadays. Death's choice could be the 2nd best trinket slot for WotLK TW, but I wasn't lucky this week and did not get it.

    If WoWhead would actually be so kind and allow us to see scaled enchants and gems, that would have been a lot more helpful to the least.

    Legendaries, I use the gloves that reduce mortal strike by 8 rage to help with rage starvation and it's a lot more smoother if you have EPx2. For legs, I use the one with heroic leap giving the landed targets a colossus smash buff. Also it is best to equip the ring from exalted with the ICC faction, that one has a proc rate to increase your attack power and it has a gem, and BiS stats, which is so good. The other ring is actually the purple WoD legendary, since the legendary is STILL bugged, or Blizzard just reduced it because it's too powerful.

    Weapons, Shadowmourne is ideal. But you also have the Sha-infused Weapon from MoP if you have the Gem for it too, which is pretty darn powerful if you go along with fury. The MoP cloak is also insane. That being said, I haven't been able to get my hands on any good helm that is BiS (has crit/haste and 2 sockets). There is a MoP gem for a helm aswel, which increases your critical strike for like 341, which is insane. I don't know how it stats are if its scaled towards WotLK dungeons.

    For the Azerite gear... meh. It's possible to outgem it's stats with a normal chest piece. For some reason azerite gear has around 44 strength, while a normal one sits near 26.

    If you don't posess any legendaries like Shadowmourne, or the MoP cloak. Just find a cloak with a gem slot in it. For weapon, use Glorenzelg, it has 3 SOCKETS, and it's not unique equipped, so you can equip two of them.

    I hope this post can help you around a bit, please note that there are maybe better sets out there, although no one tries anymore since they have made TW so redundant with inactive bonus sets, alongside the stat squish turning everything into a clusterfuck.
    Last edited by Asjon; 2018-12-08 at 12:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    There's no reason to run timewalking stuff. Stop wasting your time.
    LPT: If you plan on farming timewalking dungeons for days to get a mount you will never use, you better use this time to discuss with a therapist.
    We will talk to our therapists and he will promise to take his antidepressant

    Some people...
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    [...] Being forced to skulk around under an illusion just doesn't play to my DK's class fantasy. [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Specc blood, destroy the whole city quarter. Class fanatsy over the top.

  8. #8
    Maybe I'm missing something, but timewalking as a dps spec will just result in 20 minute long queue times. If you're going for collectibles/mounts/badges it would be better to go as protection probably.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but timewalking as a dps spec will just result in 20 minute long queue times. If you're going for collectibles/mounts/badges it would be better to go as protection probably.
    Quite often in timewalking people just want to get it done fast. So if you make the run smooth and enjoyable for others then they'll be more inclined to want to queue up for another one with you.

    Also there are more than a few guilds out there that are normal only or purely social where you might have a small group of folks that do stuff like timewalking together. If three of you rock with a good strong set of gear it will make the dungeon more enjoyable.

    Also let's face it, sometimes it's just fun to whip out a big old dick and start swinging.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but timewalking as a dps spec will just result in 20 minute long queue times. If you're going for collectibles/mounts/badges it would be better to go as protection probably.
    Like I said in the OP it is mostly to help blow up TW raids. When TBC TW was out I was doing nearly 20% of a 15 man raid group... trying to push further... PLUS ULTRA!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •