10+ Year Old Account

Spoiler Cinematics

So MMO Champion is now auto playing ingame cinematics from 8.0 and 8.1
    Granted most Ive seen already, but if this is a continuing thing, its going to just force this on people

Add an opt-out option or somthing

10+ Year Old Account
    don't they typically have a "spoiler" thing you and I can click on that pops it up?

OHHHHH i see what you mean now. Yeah that's.... odd.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2018-12-05 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    weird part, cant close it, I try to click on the X and it goes through to the ad behind it (currently an ad for the PS4 version of PUBG)

Yeah can we have an option to turn these off? the banners and header ads i get but i dont need pages to load slower because they are trying to rerun a WoW cutscene on every single new page the site loads.

I'll see if this can be adjusted. New cinematics won't be added to the list until well into the patch they are relevant for.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    weird part, cant close it, I try to click on the X and it goes through to the ad behind it (currently an ad for the PS4 version of PUBG)
    Can you screenshot the ad and provide information on what browser you are using? This isn't intended.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be an ad for DistroScale, no idea what that is, and it won't stay paused unless you pause it during an ad.

It is SOO goddamn annoying having these cinematics popup like an add on every goddamn page. Jesus christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

if I use Chrome, while I can click the X to close it, it still reopens anytime I change page

if I use Chrome, while I can click the X to close it, it still reopens anytime I change page
    I'm having this exact same problem. And given the location of the computer I'm currently on I can't add script blockers or ad blockers to get rid of that nonsense.

Okay, I'll try and get these issues fixed. Thanks for the reports!

So MMO Champion is now auto playing ingame cinematics from 8.0 and 8.1
    Granted most Ive seen already, but if this is a continuing thing, its going to just force this on people

Add an opt-out option or somthing
    Autoplay videos in general is fucking retarded. It's the first thing I disable when setting up a PC. I am starting to miss the days when bandwidth wasn't so cheap and no web developer in their right mind would do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. No autoplay here unless it is due to AdBlocker?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Autoplay videos in general is fucking retarded. It's the first thing I disable when setting up a PC. I am starting to miss the days when bandwidth wasn't so cheap and no web developer in their right mind would do this.
    No web developer in their right mind would do it still. It's mostly the higher-ups who say it has to be done to bloat their viewership numbers for advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It doesn't make sense. The people who saw it saw it already, the people who havent dont want it spoiled or dont care. Who is this for?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It doesn't make sense. The people who saw it saw it already, the people who havent dont want it spoiled or dont care. Who is this for?
    Seconding this - I don't understand who this feature is meant to benefit, especially since there's no way to actually engage with the cinematics in question (e.g. comments). Even with it only popping up on the main news page now, it's super irritating to have to close the popup every single time that I visit the site or navigate back to the news page from the forums. I frequently browse MMO-C from connections with slower download speeds, and these cinematics just impede the page load obnoxiously.

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but I was about to make a duplicate topic and I figured this was the lesser of two forum etiquette evils.

WOWhead does this too it seems, even through adblock XP

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Seconding this - I don't understand who this feature is meant to benefit, especially since there's no way to actually engage with the cinematics in question (e.g. comments). Even with it only popping up on the main news page now, it's super irritating to have to close the popup every single time that I visit the site or navigate back to the news page from the forums. I frequently browse MMO-C from connections with slower download speeds, and these cinematics just impede the page load obnoxiously.

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but I was about to make a duplicate topic and I figured this was the lesser of two forum etiquette evils.
    Are you seeing it more than a couple times per day?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Are you seeing it more than a couple times per day?
    Oh, definitely. As far as I've been keeping track, the popup loads in every single time that I open the main page (https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/). And it loads ads (thankfully muted) in between the cinematics. There's a "Cinematics" segment nested randomly in between the news posts on the front page, and the popup opens in the corner any time the segment in question is offscreen.

Here's a link to a couple screen captures of what I'm talking about specifically: https://imgur.com/a/PZmH9DE