Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've had fun in Classic just because of the community not being shit to each other 24/7, and people actually communicating in the open world, regularly.

That said, the mechanics are dated and there are a lot of issues I can't stand, like the atrocious class balance. It's a fun experiment and I love the community, but I never planned on staying in the longterm. I'll still dabble, at least, though, and it was more fun than I expected it would be. I vastly underestimated the impact it would have on the community... hell, I think we all did.

Quote Originally Posted by Oomkinboomkin View Post
    Imagine being this wrong

hahaha, reading this forum is such a comedy gold mine
    Well they ain’t wrong. AFAIK, retail is still more popular and Shadowlands does look mediocre to me so far.

trying it out and getting tired of it sounds like half of the retail xpacs for me anyway, including bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Aelwe View Post
    I mean about the whole "You think you do, but you don't" thing.

Let me explain, I think everyone is missing the point with Classic, not just Blizz but also the community:

Going back to the vanilla experience, while it may be fun for a while, it's a stupid move, Blizzard probably has dedicated a lot of money (maybe not "new expansion" kind of money, but still it must have costed quite a bit) to recreate something that most people will abandon after a short time. Then they'll be able to say "See? We told you" and everyone will forget about it, when they could've easily done the right move.

People don't miss the actual vanilla game, they miss the experience: the slower leveling and gameplay, the harder difficulty, the sense of actually achieving things, the progression, etc.
    But these are things that can be easily done or replicated in the current WoW, with some adjustements.

But going back to the full, brutal, boring vanilla experience? It's just crazy. I agree that a lot QOL improvements done over the years have taken away from the game, but a lot of them make a lot of sense and actually turn the game into a more enjoyable experience.
    You can have a new expansions that shifts the gameplay more towards the classic experience but keeping improvements done over time when they make sense. They can even do this in a "Cataclysm" style xpac that changes the entire game, so the leveling experience is consistent with the top level content.

Instead they wasted resources on an experiment that will most likely fail and they just move on to give us another mediocre and bland xpac, no one will benefit.

Oh, and I'm sure that there will be some people perfectly happy with Classic, but quite honestly, they'll probably be a small minority of the playerbase.
    Not sure if it's the minority enjoying Classic or not, who is minority is certainly the posters here as most people who play games dont even go to the forums, let alone MMO-Champion. That said, I do not even care if I was the minority, as I am enjoying Classic immensely, it's the best game I have played for 14 years.

As for the things that could be replicated in retail from vanilla/Classic, I have long lost hope in that. Every expansion has just been getting worse, from implementing flying, to Dungeon Finder, to LFR, to hopping portals etc. Retail is just a bloated hollow husk of a game for me, with million things to do and million things to collect, but at the same time empty, where you never say a word to anyone.

Imagine being this wrong

Well, it still has to be proven wrong. We are couple months into and all servers are down to one layer and some have ques, while before servers had layers and longer ques. A drop off is a big one, Not that it was not known, but the actual longevity of the game will only be seen after the Naxx is out and being farmed, at that point only true vanilla players will be left there not some rushing content consumers.

I enjoyed my time in Classic far more than any other time spent in WOW since Wrath ended. But I have since moved back to Ark, I think I am just over wow after 15 years, I don't even care to log into retail for the anniversary stuff. I think I am just done.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, it still has to be proven wrong. We are couple months into and all servers are down to one layer and some have ques, while before servers had layers and longer ques. A drop off is a big one, Not that it was not known, but the actual longevity of the game will only be seen after the Naxx is out and being farmed, at that point only true vanilla players will be left there not some rushing content consumers.
    I'm on one of the bigger servers that still had layers and queues and when they removed the last layer there was no increase in the queue times at all which seems to show that the decreasing of the layers was not linked to the number of players on our server.

Now with only 1 layer it means the major cities are lag filled and nearly crashing before raids and especially waiting for onyxia buff.

Overall our queue has been fairly consistent over the months showing our population staying pretty much steady throughout and even seeing surges when Dire Maul was released and when the honor system launched.

Let me explain, I think everyone is missing the point with Classic, not just Blizz but also the community:

Going back to the vanilla experience, while it may be fun for a while, it's a stupid move, Blizzard probably has dedicated a lot of money (maybe not "new expansion" kind of money, but still it must have costed quite a bit) to recreate something that most people will abandon after a short time. Then they'll be able to say "See? We told you" and everyone will forget about it, when they could've easily done the right move.

People don't miss the actual vanilla game, they miss the experience: the slower leveling and gameplay, the harder difficulty, the sense of actually achieving things, the progression, etc.
    But these are things that can be easily done or replicated in the current WoW, with some adjustements.

But going back to the full, brutal, boring vanilla experience? It's just crazy. I agree that a lot QOL improvements done over the years have taken away from the game, but a lot of them make a lot of sense and actually turn the game into a more enjoyable experience.
    You can have a new expansions that shifts the gameplay more towards the classic experience but keeping improvements done over time when they make sense. They can even do this in a "Cataclysm" style xpac that changes the entire game, so the leveling experience is consistent with the top level content.

Instead they wasted resources on an experiment that will most likely fail and they just move on to give us another mediocre and bland xpac, no one will benefit.

Oh, and I'm sure that there will be some people perfectly happy with Classic, but quite honestly, they'll probably be a small minority of the playerbase.
    It's so subjective... every person will respond differently to his point.

However, there is wisdom in the fact that we were 15 years younger and therefore how we experience classic will never be what it was back then.

Bis lists, pvp stockpiling, knowing upcoming phases... really changes how you play the game.

I like how he said Blizzard and the community missed it..Op are you that narcissistic to have the rest of us believe that everyone else is wrong and you are right. I stopped reading after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I didn't say you insulted me, I said you had attitude, for no reason.

Learn to read.
    Classic /3more

Imagine being this wrong

Prove me wrong then. We're barely three months in and the popularity of classic is already WAY down from its launch. Most of the servers have no queues (a couple still do) most servers have no layers. This isn't WoD levels of popularity burst/bad retention but it's getting close. And this is barely 3 months in. Imagine what its going to look like in a year.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

if he was right then why did millions of players return and why is there a queue on servers each night?

stupid trol post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    if he was right then why did millions of players return and why is there a queue on servers each night?

stupid trol post
    The queue is due to the servers not even being near the same as retail - though, not queues every night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markco23 View Post
    It's so subjective... every person will respond differently to his point.

However, there is wisdom in the fact that we were 15 years younger and therefore how we experience classic will never be what it was back then.

Bis lists, pvp stockpiling, knowing upcoming phases... really changes how you play the game.
    Oh indeed.

Rewind 15 years and Classic would be kicking but for everyone. Now, the 'hard' part of that you have to be patient while you know every damn step you can do. Of course, it is all subjective.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The queue is due to the servers not even being near the same as retail - though, not queues every night.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh indeed.

Rewind 15 years and Classic would be kicking but for everyone. Now, the 'hard' part of that you have to be patient while you know every damn step you can do. Of course, it is all subjective.
    Gehco how can u spread misinformation every single day on classic wow when u don't know anything about it?

SERVERS are way bigger on classic and they still have queues, look how many high/full realms on classic.

And if u show a picture of retail servers remember they count population differently its COMPARED to each realm which means retail could have 1k players and still have more high realms than classic.

But do you see queues on 50% of retail servers like 50% of classic? Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just sad to me that I got a way better experience on pvt servers. The batching really kills any sort of fun for me raidwise, horribly laggy

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    The goalposts will be continually moved, eventually they will claim it will die when naxx is on farm for the majority of the population.
    I mean, the goals are when they stop adding in the content. Once the final patch for Vanilla comes out, we'll see how many people stay once they've finished. I mean, as you stated, Naxx was the final addition before TBC right? Once people complete that and there's nothing new to be done, how many people will stay. That's always been my argument is that there's a definitive stopping point. Do you think people would continue playing in retail if it just ended in 8.3 after they completed Ny'alotha?

I think the main people that will be left are the PvPers because they make their own "content" with each match being different. Tactics change/evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I mean, as you stated, Naxx was the final addition before TBC right? Once people complete that and there's nothing new to be done, how many people will stay.
    Do you know how fking hard Naxx is?

The average player is not going to kill kel'thuzad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Do you know how fking hard Naxx is?

The average player is not going to kill kel'thuzad.
    The average player back then that in no way had any of the resources or knowledge they have now, ways to easily see/learn the mechanics, and are now used to raids with many more/more challenging mechanics. But the average player now, probably.

I mean, let's not forget, and yes we can partially blame the difference in the patch being played on, but that still wouldn't make up the total about 140+ day difference between Vanilla Molten Core being beaten and Classic Molten Core.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-11-25 at 02:32 AM.

For me personally, Blizzard would have never gotten a single dollar from me again if it weren't for WoW Classic. I hate retail, it's not the same game I once started with back in 2004 and I don't like what it has become - even a little bit.

I assume many people are in my camp too and all came back to the game. If Blizzard stops releasing phases early, they can drag this whole experiment out for a year/year and a half, which, assuming everyone will get bored and quit after they've "beaten" the game, would mean everyone pays at least two years of subs to Blizzard. (assuming of course it takes 6mo to "beat/get bored of" Naxx once it is released).

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post

stupid trol post
    Because as opposed to 3 months ago when there were 2-3 layers, there are none now, which basically means there is now 1/2, 1/3 of initial population left compared to launch weeks. Also most servers don't know what a queue is.