Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.1 - Spells Being Taken off the Global Cooldown

Patch 8.1 - Spells Being Taken off the Global Cooldown
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    I believe it was Ion that said in a dev chat movement abilities were coming back off the GCD. So is this actually happening?
    This is something that is still happening. Here is the list I have so far of abilities that are for sure coming off the GCD:
    • Havoc - Vengeful Retreat
    • All Druids - Wild Charge
    • Arms - Charge
    • Fury - Charge
    • Protection Warrior - Ignore Pain
    • Protection Warrior – Intercept
    • Protection Warrior (PvP) – Dragon Charge
    • Survival – Harpoon (Source)

Well that’s nice I guess, what about all the other categories?
    This is just what we have confirmed so far. There could potentially be more added to the list, but I personally just don’t know of any others yet.

We’d love to hear from you guys on more examples of abilities that you feel should be off the GCD and why. (Source)

They'll never admit they were wrong, but.... they were wrong lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even notice that Charge was on the GCD as I usually charge at max-range and the GCD would've been off once I reached the target.

But.. nice, I guess. :P

Feral Lunge? Further proof they just forget about shamans.

Those that don't know, Feral Lunge is a charge type spell. As it looks like all the charge type spells are coming of GCD why is shaman forgotten about?

for the love of god deathgrip please

We’d love to hear from you guys on more examples of abilities that you feel should be off the GCD and why.
    Any def CD. Such like rallying cry and etc. My teammates losing their lives when im disarming DPS and can't scream rallying cry instantly after...
    Actually it was out GCD before. Same as sweeping strikes. It is stupid that im losing 1.5 second of sweeping strikes after using this ability...
    Last edited by pupko; 2018-12-06 at 07:05 AM.

Yes I'd rather all defensive cds be off gcd. I just don't get how they thought it was a good idea. Feels awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    We’d love to hear from you guys on more examples of abilities that you feel should be off the GCD and why.
    You mean like people have been doing for ALL OF BFA'S EXISTENCE which has been openly ignored on many occasions? Yikes.

They're just going to end up reverting the entire GCD change next expansion anyway, they might as well get it over with now and take everything off.

Probable 8.3 patchnotes: 'We are taking remaining skills from GCD since we think they are no longer fit this patch pace.'

They will never admit they did ANYTHING wrong.

What!!? Wtf
    MM was so fun and good in legion. And now ist a fucking rigid concept with zero fun. Well done blizzard, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They'll never admit they were wrong, but.... they were wrong lol
    Companies can never directly admit they're wrong.

Surely you know that?

It'd cause insane backlash and have future repercussions. Same with Bethesda and Fallout 76.

All a company can do is tell people they're "working to resolve reported issues and balancing the game," and that's that. They cannot directly admit they're wrong.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

Surely you know that?

It'd cause insane backlash and have future repercussions. Same with Bethesda and Fallout 76.

All a company can do is tell people they're "working to resolve reported issues and balancing the game," and that's that. They cannot directly admit they're wrong.
    Well there is a reason for alpha testing, beta testing and PTR testing. If all of these provide the same feedback and the devs ignore that, then the blame is 100% on them.

too little too late

Wow. They want to hear of more examples of things to take off the GCD? No one has ever talked about that before...

Wheres my horse though ? Paladin should be an obvious candidate for a change imo.

Surely you know that?

and meanwhile you have GGG doing that shit all the time and being more and more successful every single fucking day.

maybe because people actually respect integrity and genuine community relations more than PR BS?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-12-06 at 10:58 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Surely you know that?

Are you serious? One of the biggest problems with devs these days is their refusal to own up to their mistakes. Bethesda is the perfect example, when this whole bag mess started the first thing you get out of their customer service was "The prototype bags were too expensive, we aren't going to do anything about it". Not at all surprising that the shitstorm only got worse after that response. You know what calmed it down? "We made a mistake and we are going to make it right"

So it looks like by the patch 9.0 we will finally return to 7.0 setup. Looking forward to it. Not playing this shitpile before that happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaheimr View Post
    Didn't even notice that Charge was on the GCD as I usually charge at max-range and the GCD would've been off once I reached the target.

But.. nice, I guess. :P
    Charge being off the GCD should mean you can macro charge and hamstring together like the old days when hamstring was off the GCD.