Track empowered Garrotes

Hello!

I'm pretty happy with my UI and tracking of various things I need to know. But I don't have a good way to track if a garrote is empowered or not. Currently my Garrote just shows as any other Garrote, I want to be able to track if it's empowered by Subterfuge and/or Shrouded Suffocation.

Anyone got an Addon or WA that properly does this?

Thank you very much in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Found this that I'll try out: https://wago.io/HJUbINlV7

I mean... Did you garrote out of stealth or vanish, if yes it's empowered. If no, it's not empowered. Garrote isn't a particularly long lasting ability. And even in AOE conditions outside of the first 3 mobs you garrote (with SS), it's not critical to apply or keep up for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    it's not critical to apply or keep up for damage.
    Yeah not important at all to keep track of an ability that does about 40-50% of your damage on any given M+ trash pull for any rogue who knows to use it properly.

I changed my Garrote WA to display the damage each tick does. If it does 6-7k it's empowered, 1-2k not empowered. Can't share because I'm at work but if you're interested let me know and I will post it later.

I mean... Did you garrote out of stealth or vanish, if yes it's empowered. If no, it's not empowered. Garrote isn't a particularly long lasting ability. And even in AOE conditions outside of the first 3 mobs you garrote (with SS), it's not critical to apply or keep up for damage.
    Yeah don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he is talking about, but I would recommend to download Luxtho's Weak Auras for Rogue on Wago.io. It tracks Empowered Garrote and lots of other various things, its real clean and will help you out plenty to maximize dps! I recommend taking a second to watch the youtube video he has on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Yeah not important at all to keep track of an ability that does about 40-50% of your damage on any given M+ trash pull for any rogue who knows to use it properly.

I changed my Garrote WA to display the damage each tick does. If it does 6-7k it's empowered, 1-2k not empowered. Can't share because I'm at work but if you're interested let me know and I will post it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    Yeah don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he is talking about, but I would recommend to download Luxtho's Weak Auras for Rogue on Wago.io. It tracks Empowered Garrote and lots of other various things, its real clean and will help you out plenty to maximize dps! I recommend taking a second to watch the youtube video he has on there too.
    Empowered garrote is critical...
    Garrote is not
    Empowered garrote should fall off before reapplying...

Simply enough, a simple "light bulb riddle" amount of logic should let you know where empowered garrote is.

Empowered garrote is critical...
    Garrote is not
    Empowered garrote should fall off before reapplying...

Simply enough, a simple "light bulb riddle" amount of logic should let you know where empowered garrote is.
    I would explain to you how wrong you are but I gave up arguing with ignorant people. Blocked you. Enjoy spreading your inane opinions regardless.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2018-12-11 at 04:57 PM.

I would explain to you how wrong you are but I gave up arguing with ignorant people. Blocked you. Enjoy spreading your inane opinions regardless.
    Thanks for outing yourself as a 10 year old.

For anyone else that comes in here, I can explain how he is wrong and how every guide basically says don't go crazy with garrote (3 targets at most don't prioritize it over a garrote or envenom etc...) How garrote loses value vs energy used... etc...

I'm not saying don't use it, what I am saying is if garrote falls off and you apply it elsewhere, it's no big deal. Empowered garrote is supposed to fall off, and if you are using vanish (without Exs or TB) to garrote 6 targets, or whatever ridiculous kind of fake boosted dps that doesn't result in high damage done but makes the recount/skada dps meter look impressive.

Also remember that this only really applies in Mythic+, in Raid you should have at least one piece of raid gear, and the last I checked empowered garrote AZ Trait was a 1 or 3 stack, but slightly weaker on a 2 stack vs a dagger in the back or some other better long term ST trait.

If you want to know how to fail at being a Rogue please listen to McFuu.

in a target rich environment and targets with a low TTL(time to live), garrote has a lower DPE than other abilities.

It has a high cost and doesn't return energy if the target dies with a remaining duration(like rupture does).

So for the purposes of m+, spamming garrote on targets that die quickly, is not a good use of your energy. Especially as you should be thinking of having full energy for the following pack.

You open with the 3 targets, place ruptures as you can to support energy gen, and use CT, weaving in an evenom or two.

If the TTL of the target(s) is going to be long enough for a second garrote to run full duration, then by all means, go for it. This is the case on fortified weeks much of the time.

So both arguments are valid. The idea is to maximize DPE, while planning for full(ish) energy going into the next pack. (in m+)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    I tried a few and Luxtho's was great and by far the best one. Only thing I would like to add (wa noob) is a small counter on the garrote icon to show its cooldown. Think I've seen something similar in Fragnance UI, a small number in the top of the icon showing when it's on cooldown. Other than that, it was great. Thanks!

This is pretty much the exact reason why I didn't bother replying after his post and just updated my OP. Thanks!
    And how did you change your garrote WA to show what each tick does, sounds interesting?

Also, speaking of tracking empowered garrote and stealth and vanish;
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ing-off-Vanish
    another reason to see if it's empowered or not.
    Last edited by Cayumi; 2018-12-12 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    And how did you change your garrote WA to show what each tick does, sounds interesting?
    https://pastebin.com/6BnaramK

I wrote this myself/copied and modified a WA that does a similar thing. Basically it reads the Garrote tooltip on your current target and displays the damage-per-tick value below the icon of the WA. I'm sure it could be improved but it does the job for me.