Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    First russians were accused of comments against the last jedi and now their after Net Neutrality. Those sly dogs.

Quick! Everyone! Look at the Russians! Over here! *waves arms frantically* Look at all the bad Russians!

Ok billionaires, i think they're distracted. Continue buying all of the politicians and undermining democracy in every Western country on the planet. Yeah, don't worry, they're too stupid to figure it out. They're actually convinced Russian bots won the 2016 election for Trump, now they're thinking they are the reason for NN failing, too. Fuckin' idiots will never figure it out.

Yeah don't worry - i know the entire country wants cheaper/free healthcare, a smaller military budget, the end of the war on drugs, less of a police state, legalised weed and so on but i'm telling you, its worked for the past 50 years - just keep sending the senators money. You'll be fine. Yeah don't worry about Occupy Wallstreet or other massive public movements. Who would win? Dozens of millions of angry people or $5,000,000 in the right pockets?
    Last edited by Sliske; 2018-12-07 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Russia has a lot of rights and laws that look good on paper and give the appearance of proper government. It doesn't mean there isn't someone with the power to turn them off on a whim or just pretend they don't exist while they break them and then go 'wut? dindunuffin".
    I mean it's a kleptocracy run by a mob boss who wishes he was Stalin, but the point is they don't have any ideological reason to favour Pai's attack on net neutrality. They're just straight up pushing Republican policies in an obvious tit for tat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Nah, in this case he's a realist, not brainwashed idiot spewing conspiracy theory.

If you ever ran a website that offers registration, you'd know that Russian bots are on top of spamming game. You'd get some spam offering spam services. They are the ones breaking complex captchas (though sometimes use cheap labor from India to pass through hard to break captchas). Law enforcement in Russia doesn't care about anything that's happening on internet, so these companies are making big buck while their competition in other countries has to deal with police.

Then there is issue of open proxy servers. Due to same thing I mentioned above - lack of policing, there are plenty of computers in Russia with open proxies installed. Many use them to hide their actual origin. That means any company from US spamming those submission forms could easily use any of thousands of anonymous proxies in Russia and hide their origin. Since there is no law enforcement in Russia, nobody would ever check proxy server's logs (if they even have logs), so real origin will never become available and there is bonus of blaming Russia for everything that brainwashed masses will swallow without questioning.
    Calls someone a conspiracy theorist. Suggests American companies are framing Russia for Russian interference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Quick! Everyone! Look at the Russians! Over here! *waves arms frantically* Look at all the bad Russians!

Ok billionaires, i think they're distracted. Continue buying all of the politicians and undermining democracy in every Western country on the planet. Yeah, don't worry, they're too stupid to figure it out. They're actually convinced Russian bots won the 2016 election for Trump, now they're thinking they are the reason for NN failing, too. Fuckin' idiots will never figure it out.

Yeah don't worry - i know the entire country wants cheaper/free healthcare, a smaller military budget, the end of the war on drugs, less of a police state, legalised weed and so on but i'm telling you, its worked for the past 50 years - just keep sending the senators money. You'll be fine. Yeah don't worry about Occupy Wallstreet or other massive public movements. Who would win? Dozens of millions of angry people or $5,000,000 in the right pockets?
    Oh, I forgot that no one blames Billionaires for corruption in the US. Everyone love 'em. Thank you for reminding us who to properly hate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mean it's a kleptocracy run by a mob boss who wishes he was Stalin, but the point is they don't have any ideological reason to favour Pai's attack on net neutrality. They're just straight up pushing Republican policies in an obvious tit for tat.
    Well... who owns the internet utilities in Russia? Probably some government entity headed/owned by one of those kleptarcs. Wouldn't surprise me if they approved of the idea of US companies, who are also in a way owned by kleptarcs, to have greater control over the people through the control of information. I know I'm reaching but it's a little mind bug that popped in.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well... who owns the internet utilities in Russia? Probably some government entity headed/owned by one of those kleptarcs. Wouldn't surprise me if they approved of the idea of US companies, who are also in a way owned by kleptarcs, to have greater control over the people through the control of information. I know I'm reaching but it's a little mind bug that popped in.
    Internet access is one of the areas where Russia is quite ahead of US.

And competition on internet provider front is quite fierce. My own city has something like 10+ major providers, and my own home is covered by at least three (probably more). I'm getting unlimited 100mbit for 650 roubles (~10$) and i could probably drop it to about 450-500 by switching (with added digital TV) if i wouldn't need some older options new connection isn't going to give.

Government-owned companies mostly control internet backbone and deal with providing internet services to big companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Fairly certain people have been working at restoring NN since it's repeal.
    Yes, but will they succeed in the current political climate? I hope so, but... It seems Ajit can get away from a lot of things, and not only he.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yes, but will they succeed in the current political climate? I hope so, but... It seems Ajit can get away from a lot of things, and not only he.
    Yea, the odds seem a little stacked against those seeking to restore it. But given that the vast majority of people, republican & democrat (according to some of the stats i've seen thrown around here at least), are against removing NN, they seem to have the backing of the general populace.

Ajit Pai is a god damned red blooded American hero doing what needs to be done to save humanity.

Fuck the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Ajit Pai is a god damned red blooded American hero doing what needs to be done to save humanity.

Fuck the internet.
    He hasn't killed the internet. He just sold it to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    He hasn't killed the internet. He just sold it to the highest bidder.
    Fine with me. Making the internet too expensive or restrictive to use. Article 13 killing memes. It is all the same.

I hope it is a shell of its former self when the fucking burucrates are done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Should he not be investigated and arrested if he knows.
    Not only that but Net Neutrality should be reinstated since the polls were the excuse Ajit Pai used to remove it.