Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillerina View Post
    Trump not being christian is probably his only good quality.
    His only good quality, is the one he denies, while obviously lying about?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    His only good quality, is the one he denies, while obviously lying about?
    It would be pretty funny if the religious right were the first to elect an openly atheistic president. But even if he is an atheist, there's no way he'd admit to not believing while he's still in office...not even he is that stupid. Even though his base would find a way to rationalize it away, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Funny thing is in about 3 or 4 years you won't be able to find someone who will admit voting for Trump. Just like King Bush II. Trump who???
    I voted for Bush in 2004. It did feel like an election in which both choices sucked, though.

Im just putting this out there, but much as I personally despise Donald Trump - I genuinely don't understand why this is a big deal. I don't say grace at thanksgiving because I'm not religious. I don't stop other people from doing it, its just not my problem. I think 'shut up and mind your own business' is a perfectly reasonable response to religious things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Im just putting this out there, but much as I personally despise Donald Trump - I genuinely don't understand why this is a big deal. I don't say grace at thanksgiving because I'm not religious. I don't stop other people from doing it, its just not my problem. I think 'shut up and mind your own business' is a perfectly reasonable response to religious things.
    Because he and his base are hypocritical about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, there's enough reasons to hate Trump. Like a lot of other people in this thread apparently, I don't find this to particularly be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Because he represents the same people who lose their shit when a coffee company doesn't print "Merry Christmas" on their cups. The people who fought (and continue to fight) tooth and nail to prevent the extension of equal rights to gay citizens based solely on their religious beliefs. The people who are, at this very moment, salivating over the prospect of a packed SCOTUS revoking a woman's right to choose to terminate her pregnancy, based (you guessed it) on their religious beliefs.

This may not be a big deal for literally anyone else, but it should be a big deal for them. If it's not a big deal for them, it should be a indication that they can take their protestations of "muh deeply-held religious beliefs" and shove them up their collective asses whenever it comes to legislation that effects the entire country.

and to think evangelicals actually thought Obama was the Anti Christ HAHA