Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No.

Basically Steam does a 10GB download. Then you update it properly through the normal game launcher.

That 10GB download is basically still stuck on patch 2.0 data I think. It's nothing to worry about.
    Ohhh gotcha. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to keep piling on new questions. So is the free download only through the website? No steam free trial?

Also does my character from the free trial carry over if I buy the full version?
    Last edited by hexzero13; 2018-12-13 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hexzero13 View Post
    Sorry to keep piling on new questions. So is the free download only through the website? No steam free trial?

Also does my character from the free trial carry over if I buy the full version?
    There should be a free trial through Steam. It might be labelled as "Demo".

Yes, your character carries over. Just make sure you use the same type (Steam, non-Steam) and account.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    There should be a free trial through Steam. It might be labelled as "Demo".

Yes, your character carries over. Just make sure you use the same type (Steam, non-Steam) and account.
    Thanks again!

So I am leaning towards focusing on Black Mage first. In WoW I have almost exclusively played melee since WotLK but I always loved the mage characters in Final Fantasy games. Are they a good choice to start with?

Thanks again!

So I am leaning towards focusing on Black Mage first. In WoW I have almost exclusively played melee since WotLK but I always loved the mage characters in Final Fantasy games. Are they a good choice to start with?
    One thing worth noting - if you are a Collector's Edition kinda guy in any way, shape, or form, you can't buy the game through Steam and then add a physical collector's edition to it later. The physical code and Steam don't agree with each other. Basically what others were mentioning, but adding in the collector's edition. Theirs include a little statue usually. Heavensward had Midgardsormr the dragon and Stormblood as the main antagonist. Otherwise, a digital CE gets everything else.

Just worth mentioning if you, or anyone else, think they might consider a CE in a future expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again!

Honestly, anything is a fair choice to start with as you will get access to other classes fairly early and allow for some dabbling and testing out other options a bit. Black Mage is somewhat interesting as they basically have two core spells - fireball and ice spell. Fireball gets stronger the more consecutive casts, but uses more MP. When you deplete MP, you will transpose your buff from fire to ice and cast ice spells to regenerate mana (MP). I'll let others speak further on the job as I only dabbled in ARR.

Sure. As Faroth said, you can be all classes on one character. You can switch at level 10. If you don't like Black Mage, try something different at level 10. Early FFXIV is also very easy for experienced MMO players.

Don't vendor your starting gear though. When you switch to a new class, you start at level 1, so you probably can't wear your current gear. If you don't keep your starting gear, you'll have to buy it again, or run around in your underwear for a bit.

Awesome thanks for all the advice everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Roegadyn!!

We have been over this , they are the best race, no the MASTER RACE!
    There is a height req to this title.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian80 View Post
    I'm actually okay with that. You're talking to someone who played through FF9 on Android three times. Want slow battles? :P

I want to get immersed in a completely new setting, and enjoy the story. The mystique of WoW is gone, so a completely new and different game feels like a great idea.
    This is exactly why I tried it. The world felt.... small... though. You have to loadscreen to change zones and the zone connections are choke points, like they were in EQ. I liked my character though (played Archer to 30 then Bard to 35. YAY BARD!!!!!!!!!!). Bard needs to be more Bard-y though and less Archer-y. It was basically an Archer with some long duration buffs (songs). The songs are interesting and have good synergy though.

I never picked up a crafting job, i def will if I ever go back.

My take was if the world was more open, it'd be better than modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    There is a height req to this title.
    Being that large is a waste! Just think how much more food you need!
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Being that large is a waste! Just think how much more food you need!
    That's why we have Lalas.
    You cared enough to post.